Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Mnay of these aren't x-men, well played
    Well Kitty leads the Marauders. So I guess you don't have a point

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well Kitty leads the Marauders. So I guess you don't have a point
    So Marauders aren't x-men so Kitty show her true colors?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I think that everyone is aware of what gulags are, exactly same thing as US actual prisonal system;
    Well you've just shown that people are not aware of what the gulags were.
    I'm actually a bit dumbfounded at this comment... wow.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 10-26-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Mutants are the bad guys here. "Kill no man" is actually a way crueler policy towards engagement than some wince-inducing violence, because life is the greatest punishment there is. In this essay and TED Talk, I will--
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think that everyone is aware of what gulags are, exactly same thing as US actual prisonal system;
    No...

Absolute no...

US Prison is nowhere NEAR an actual Gulag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Well you've just shown that people are not aware of what the gulags were.
    Same thing, but with some shiny paint. A guy robbed bread and was on the jail for like 30 years.
    USA prisional system prey on poor people to give profits to companies that explores their labor and government money

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Once again, that isn’t a good excuse to take a job that demands you violate human rights. Being poor isn’t an excuse for imprisoning people in a camp. I’m not gonna pity the poor Nazi soldier who couldn’t get a decent job so they spent their life putting Jewish people in camps or the poor cop who halfassed his way through training only to shoot some black kid and get away with it. And I’m not gonna pity a soldier who helped imprison innocent mutants to ship them off to a labor camp where they would’ve been tortured and killed.
    I don't think any compations to nazi german ever holds, because big part people serving on USA are latino and black, also LGBT;
    We are getting minorites to kill other minorities around the world because the system is crappy and give them little options.

Same thing, but with some shiny paint. A guy robbed bread and was on the jail for like 30 years.
    USA prisional system prey on poor people to give profits to companies that explores their labor and government money

I don't think any compations to nazi german ever holds, because big part people serving on USA are latino and black, also LGBT;
    We are getting minorites to kill other minorities around the world because the system is crappy
    No.

In Gulags, prisoners were given little food, little water, and literally worked to death with no other options. Prisoners in the US are not. That this needs to be explained boggles the mind.

No. just no.
    Your comparison is... I can't even find the words to describe how off and wrong you are.

We are getting minorites to kill other minorities around the world because the system is crappy
    I’m not talking about the demographics of the army (i don’t think your point is true anyway), it’s that they’re still doing horrible things and them being poor doesn’t make it any more palatable. Why would a mutant getting shipped off to a camp care that the person who imprisoned them had a sad backstory?

We are getting minorites to kill other minorities around the world because the system is crappy and give them little options.
    Try looking up the Gulag Archipelago or Drawings from the Gulag to get a... more accurate feel for what occurred. Then come back and claim there is any comparison to the USA. This is one of the few historical comparisons to Nazi Germany that actually holds up.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 10-26-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No.

In Gulags, prisoners were given little food, little water, and literally worked to death with no other options. Prisoners in the US are not. That this needs to be explained boggles the mind.
    You probably know little of US prisons, one of the items that is more traded is instant noodles, because prisoners aren't given enough food because of privatization;

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

For the love of... how did this turn into a conversation over gulags of all things?

You probably know little of US prisons, one of the items that is more traded is instant noodles, because prisoners aren't given enough food because of privatization;
    Show me the amount of prisoners that have died in US prisons in the last five years. I promise it won't be as many as died in a Russian gulag circa 1944 in a week.

According to a study of Soviet history, 1,053,829 people died in Soviet gulags between 1934 and 1953. 138 per day.

Bureau of Crime Stats: 17,358 people have died in US prisons between 2005 and 2010. 9.5 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    For the love of... how did this turn into a conversation over gulags of all things?
    My fault, sort of. The X-Men/Marauders brutally beat down Russian soldiers and the freed prisoners claimed they were being rounded up and sent to gulags. When I pointed out its kinda hard to feel bad about a beat down on those kind of soldiers it opened this can of worms. I made the unfortunate assumption that people would know what the gulags were... I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Show me the amount of prisoners that have died in US prisons in the last five years. I promise it won't be as many as died in a Russian gulag circa 1944 in a week.

According to a study of Soviet history, 1,053,829 people died in Soviet gulags between 1934 and 1953. 138 per day.

Bureau of Crime Stats: 17,358 people have died in US prisons between 2005 and 2010. 9.5 per day.
    All true but the history teacher in me feels the need to point out that these dry statistics, while true, do not accurately convey the brutality and how inhumane the gulags actually were.