Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    *shrug* I just don't get the sense of finality and doom you have towards Jean's portrayal going into this Hickman era like outside of HoX #4 (which by the way I didn't have much of problem with as some people did) Jean's had a pretty good portrayal so far. The moment where she argues against slaughtering Orchis was good, the moment between Storm and Jean was great, the moment where she shutdown Sabertooth was awesome, the moment of peace between Cyclops, Emma and Jean was great, and her being motherly toward Cable was great.
    Many fans didn't thought it was any good, I think I can even say majority aren't excited about Hickman take on Jean. I thin kthe best she was on HOX #5 and I still think it could had showed better her personality.

BANNED

At this point, they should just give Jean to the Avengers' office since the X-Books are apparently not good enough for the redhead all-goddess. It's either learning to love Aaron and Brevoort or learning to cope with Hickman and JDW.

It's really obvious that Jean lost space on x-men comics comics since her death. I would prefer getting some character development on Avengers books

BANNED

Lmao she was a cheerleader through the 90s and got upstaged as the main XWoman in the 80s by Storm, Kitty, Rogue...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Lmao she was a cheerleader through the 90s and got upstaged as the main XWoman in the 80s by Storm, Kitty, Rogue...
    The only writers that did anything with here were Claremont until DPS, Simonson and...Morrison. Claremont also wrote her after DPS, but it only as a tool to get even at Jim Shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Majority of 80s she was dead, and she wasn't a cheerleader on 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The only writers that did anything with here were Claremont until DPS, Simonson and...Morrison. Claremont also wrote her after DPS, but it only as a tool to get even at Jim Shooter.
    Seagle & Kelly had great plans for Jean, until it was axed by editors, unfortunately. At least we had a few good issues before the axe (axe known as The - stupid - hunt for Xavier)

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Kinda surprised nobody's joked about Jeansus being moar important dead than alive.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Kinda surprised nobody's joked about Jeansus being moar important dead than alive.
    But hasn't that been an ongoing joke since PhxRes?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    But hasn't that been an ongoing joke since PhxRes?
    No, the x-office cancelled X-Men Red, alas.

It's funny. I must be very weird. : I don't enjoy making hating jokes about a character. Maybe because there is absolutely no character that I hate. I think some are useless, some others are great. And under a different writer, it turns over.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It's funny. I must be very weird. : I don't enjoy making hating jokes about a character. Maybe because there is absolutely no character that I hate. I think some are useless, some others are great. And under a different writer, it turns over.
    Name a couple you think are useless. For me please.

Name a couple you think are useless. For me please.
    All of them. At one point. When a writer absolutely don't know what to do with a character...
    Think how Madrox was great during X-factor (Peter David), and how he became bland during J. M. DeMatteis' run. I even think J.M. killed him because he had no voice or direction for him.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    All of them. At one point. When a writer absolutely don't know what to do with a character...
    Think how Madrox was great during X-factor (Peter David), and how he became bland during J. M. DeMatteis' run. I even think J.M. killed him because he had no voice or direction for him.
    I feel the same way about Havok. Rosencanny should've been the end of him for a while.

I feel the same way about Havok. Rosencanny should've been the end of him for a while.
    I didn't know. I just came back to the books because of Jonathan Hickman.
    After reading HOX/POX, I tried to read Uncanny (that took place just before) but I didn't enjoy it. I didn't made it to Rosenberg's Dissassembled.