Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Why are people whose fave is the center of the franchise at all times whining about what fans of any other character are saying? So silly.

Imagine the rage if Hickman had given Wolverine the 'Most Special Leader When It Matters' title. Would we hear the end of it?

As for Ms. Grey, aka Girlfriend 2 of 2, let us hope she doesn't get utterly embarrassed in this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I feel the same way about Havok. Rosencanny should've been the end of him for a while.
    Ending with Astonishing would be so much better, though. Alex sacrificing himself, having actually saved the X-Men despite people crapping on him was a really good note to end his character arc at the time. But Rosenberg needed to make an overarching arc about Callahan, so...
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 11-01-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    At this point, they should just give Jean to the Avengers' office since the X-Books are apparently not good enough for the redhead all-goddess. It's either learning to love Aaron and Brevoort or learning to cope with Hickman and JDW.
    when did Jean take on Ororo's all-goddess moniker??? did I miss something?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    ...."Jean fans are jumping the gun", "Jean fans should wait and see"

Here I thought two series across 12 issues, which included dozens of character moments, world building, etc was waiting to see? The fresh X-men 1 where her only contribution was making dinner didn't help. What's fascinating is I've been on these board for a long time, and the same posters claiming "Jean fans are crazy" were the exact ones losing their respective brains over a costume change, and a character being taken off the table for a few years when before they were the X-men's narrative for over a decade.

The truth is just as with Guggs and X-men Gold, we've seen enough at least at this point to make a judgement on his current treatment of the character. It boggles my mind that any fan should have to wait for another writer to save a character when Hickman is the literal mastermind behind the massive changes to the franchise.
    Some Jean fans are jumping the gun", All fans should wait and see. Not forever, but its not unreasonable to suggest waiting until the books she is actually slated to be starring in actually come out. The idea that she should be treated like a central character in books where she's not one of the main characters is mind boggling.

Hickman has said HoX/PoX were not about the X-Men, they were about the entire mutant community. Only a very small handful of characters got a chance to shine (Moira, Xavier and Magneto primarily) with a few good scenes for some of the others. Many of the staple and fan favorite characters had little or no appearance in those books at all because they weren't about them. Jean was not fantastic in those books, BUT she wasn't bad either. Shes one of my top 5 favorite X-Men and in my opinion she was exactly what she was supposed to be for the story. Even if you weren't a fan of her portrayal on the Orchis mission, her inclusion there, her reception upon resurrection, and her status on the council have clearly demonstrated that she's been placed at center of the new status quo. (Not to mention front and center in X-Force, Co-starring in the 1st issue of Giant-Size X-Men and one of the rotating cast members of X-Men) Its almost like she is slated to appear in more books than any X-Man except Wolverine. She wasn't relegated to wallpaper, she wasn't Worf'd to make someone else look better (well at least no more than any of the X-Men on that mission and she at least had an excuse), she has a role and it looks fairly important so far.

So yeah, her fans should be patient, all X-Men fans should be patient. Its possible that this will not be good. Its possible that everything else may be fantastic but the handling of some of the characters may suck. Its possible that some may just not like what comes. All of this and more is possible. Whats not possible is fairly judging it when only half of the first wave of books, have only released their first issue.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 11-01-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. HickJean is one of the 15 most important people on Krakoa for absolutely no freakin' reason. She'll be fiiiine. Good grief.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Majority of 80s she was dead, and she wasn't a cheerleader on 90s
    What 90s story was she the focus of? Bonus points for no Cyclops and no Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    What 90s story was she the focus of? Bonus points for no Cyclops and no Wolverine.
    That time Illyana died and Lobdell thought it apt to focus on Jean and Jubilee, two characters with zero connection to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That time Illyana died and Lobdell thought it apt to focus on Jean and Jubilee, two characters with zero connection to her.

Why would anyone complain abt Lobdell NOT writing their fave.

BANNED

Amen. He was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Ending with Astonishing would be so much better, though
    Rosenberg should have stopped at Astonishing lol. That run and his minis were pretty awesome.

BANNED

Bob Harrass was the worst. Lobdell and Lee were just all around terrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

Why would anyone complain abt Lobdell NOT writing their fave.
    I'd prefer that issue didn't exist at all. Perfect example of what Hickman calls destructive storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Some Jean fans are jumping the gun", All fans should wait and see. Not forever, but its not unreasonable to suggest waiting until the books she is actually slated to be starring in actually come out. The idea that she should be treated like a central character in books where she's not one of the main characters is mind boggling.

Hickman has said HoX/PoX were not about the X-Men, they were about the entire mutant community. Only a very small handful of characters got a chance to shine (Moira, Xavier and Magneto primarily) with a few good scenes for some of the others. Many of the staple and fan favorite characters had little or no appearance in those books at all because they weren't about them. Jean was not fantastic in those books, BUT she wasn't bad either. Shes one of my top 5 favorite X-Men and in my opinion she was exactly what she was supposed to be for the story. Even if you weren't a fan of her portrayal on the Orchis mission, her inclusion there, her reception upon resurrection, and her status on the council have clearly demonstrated that she's been placed at center of the new status quo. (Not to mention front and center in X-Force, Co-starring in the 1st issue of Giant-Size X-Men and one of the rotating cast members of X-Men) Its almost like she is slated to appear in more books than any X-Man except Wolverine. She wasn't relegated to wallpaper, she wasn't Worf'd to make someone else look better (well at least no more than any of the X-Men on that mission and she at least had an excuse), she has a role and it looks fairly important so far.

So yeah, her fans should be patient, all X-Men fans should be patient. Its possible that this will not be good. Its possible that everything else may be fantastic but the handling of some of the characters may suck. Its possible that some may just not like what comes. All of this and more is possible. Whats not possible is fairly judging it when only half of the first wave of books, have only released their first issue.
    I think it is perfectly normal people already give their opinions about what they saw and was written.
    It was already released 13 issues, that i smore than enough to talk about.

I really don't see where Jean is the center of any status quo

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Jean: <exists in the X-books>

Jean fans:

The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Jean: a
    Non jean fans: this is too much. the writer is a jean fan, she is having too much spotlight