Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    The only game Emma plays is strip poker.
    Why? Playing poker is pointless when you're a telepath. I imagine she'd want to challenge someone in a game where she doesn't just win automatically by existing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    The only game Emma plays is strip poker.
    That was before Bayonetta and Trevor were added to Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Or people who aren't interested or who just feel the character can't sustain the franchise. Hell if I know. The response "For people" was just for giggles, anyway.
    a lot of people think different ways, but ok if it was for fun

CBR is literally the worst example you could pick, holy ****.
    I don't think so. Maority of the site readership is from comics
    X-Men: Red was pretty much a third tier book. Nothing that happened in it actually affected the franchise as a whole, except the existence of Searebro.
    It wasn't, Taylor doesn't write 3rd tier books. 2nd tier, yes. It would hardly change the franchise as Hickman would arrive. When the 2nd issue hit the shelves Hiclkman was already in talks to take over

Third tier book, if we use your logic.
    So it doesn't count, but gen X count? Genx wasn't even a x-men team

Yeah, I'm gonna believe that when you already showed that you think such a thing as unbiased writing exists or your complaints about the story being tailored to favor Hickman's favorites. Sure thing, kitten. That's besides the point, anyway. For all I and some thought, except for that panel with her death, she was written well enough. Then again, I'm not the greatest Jean fan around. It's not like Cyclops or other characters I like never had less than flattering writing from Hickman. Didn't affect my enjoyment of the story he was telling or my opinion of his grasp on the character.
    different opinions, what I saw most online is Jean fans complaining about bad treatment from Hickman. I really take majority of big fans and die hards opinions seriously.
    the awful part is that complain doesn't get the fandom points even if it is righteous

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    BULL CRAP.

People don't mind critique from anyone's fans, it's how they bring it across. Derailing every single thread that even vaguely mentions Jean to talk about conspiracies about how Hickman hates Jean and will never allow to be written well is where people draw the line.
    There isn't any conspiracy, we know who are Hickman faves.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-02-2019 at 05:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Why? Playing poker is pointless when you're a telepath. I imagine she'd want to challenge someone in a game where she doesn't just win automatically by existing.
    Mama only plays to win. Also most XMen have good counter measures for telepathy or are psychic themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why are Jean fans being so pessimistic. I can think of a ton of other characters, including my fave, who hasnt been central to these stories and u dont see fans of these characters making a fuss.
    Jean fans ? Some Jean fans. And some Jean fans are voicing themselves everywhere, in most threads possible, like distress parrots. I won't give any names, but there is one Jean fan I cannot stand. But I am not here to fight, so I simply ignore him. And the irony of this, is that I am myself a Jean fan. I was since I was 12 yo. But good for me, I grew up and don't behave like I'm 12...
    Anyway...

I loved (and I mean i really loved) HOX/POX
    I don't mind at all that Jean wasn't the centerpiece of the story. It was bigger story for Mutant kinds. It was not about "fans favorites service", thank God. I don't mind Jean wasn't in the spotlight. But I can't help noticing (like many readers, not especially Jean fans) that Jean was OOC when she cried like a little girl, and didn't even tried to fight back.

Does that make me mad ? No. Does that make me enjoy HOX/POX less ? No.

But I won't say that Jean was greatly handed.

The Red Dragon

why are Jean fans being so pessimistic. I can think of a ton of other characters, including my fave, who hasnt been central to these stories and u dont see fans of these characters making a fuss.
    Why are storm fans such hyporcrites? You guys were pessimistic and crying when she wasn’t given featZ every issue and being some fake ass “goddess”. And she wasn’t even kept off the table for 14 years. Get some perspective.

Having said that if you’re optimistic with Storm playing second fiddle to Kitty yet again....hahaha more power to you. But dont berate other fans for voicing their concerns in a thread discussing said character.
    Last edited by Tank; 11-02-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Why are storm fans such hyporcrites? You guys were pessimistic and crying when she wasn’t given featZ every issue and being some fake ass “goddess”. And she wasn’t even kept off the table for 14 years. Get some perspective.
    Lol, suddenly i remembered the X-Men Red threads .

I heard that there was some debates between Storm and Cyclops fans, but that was before i came to the forum.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Jean fans ? Some Jean fans. And some Jean fans are voicing themselves everywhere, in most threads possible, like distress parrots. I won't give any names, but there is one Jean fan I cannot stand. But I am not here to fight, so I simply ignore him. And the irony of this, is that I am myself a Jean fan. I was since I was 12 yo. But good for me, I grew up and don't behave like I'm 12...
    Anyway...

I don't mind at all that Jean wasn't the centerpiece of the story. It was bigger story for Mutant kinds. It was not about "fans favorites service", thank God. I don't mind Jean wasn't in the spotlight. But I can't help noticing (like many readers, not especially Jean fans) that Jean was OOC when she cried like a little girl, and didn't even tried to fight back.

I guess this is fair but in think Jean was traumatized by feeling and experiencing the death of all her friends. her mind and body was just taxed. it is nice that you can separate the overall story from expecting the story to center around her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-02-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Having said that if you’re optimistic with Storm playing second fiddle to Kitty yet again....hahaha more power to you. But dont berate other fans for voicing their concerns in a thread discussing said character.
    Raindrops are falling on my head

and what does storm have to with Jean fans constantly venting about her as if the franchise is supposed to revolve around her? it is beyond silly all things considered. shes an omega, will be in xforce and getting a title where she is featured in. there are tons of other characters who ain't even getting that so get some perspective on that boo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-02-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

I heard that there was some debates between Storm and Cyclops fans, but that was before i came to the forum.
    Oh yes I remember the “optimism” alright. Lol

Also the endless optimism whenever Cyclops was shown being the leader and she...wasnt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

I think after that "real recognizes real" moment between Scott and Ororo in House of X #5, the Storm fans and us should have achieved true unity. At least for me, all the bad stuff during the post AvX and the insanity of the inhuman push are left forgotten.

Also, I'm pretty sure we never left the time of the Red threads. All we need is someone lighting the fuse and things go off. What is left is for us to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I think after that "real recognizes real" moment between Scott and Ororo in House of X #5, the Storm fans and us should have achieved true unity. At least for me, all the bad stuff during the post AvX and the insanity of the inhuman push are left forgotten.

Also, I'm pretty sure we never left the time of the Red threads. All we need is someone lighting the fuse and things go off. What is left is for us to watch.
    Hickman did the impossible in making cyclops a likable character again. he gets props in my book for this alone.

The Red Dragon

and what does storm have to with Jean fans constantly venting about her as if the franchise is supposed to revolve around her. shes an omega, will be in xforce and getting a title where she is featured in. there are tons of other characters who ain't even getting that so get some perspective on that boo.
    Just wanted to point out a pot calling the kettle black situation.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Anyway...

Yeah I 100% agree with this. Can we not lump all die hard mega Jean fans together due to a couple of folks who are always negative about almost everything associated with the Jean Grey character (Grant Morrison, Hickman, the character of Emma Frost, etc). Most Jean fans on this site love Emma but fans constantly act like there is some sort of beef between the fandoms because literally one or two people are constantly negative.

To stay on topic, I am very excited for this issue and I will say it again.. for the issue to be successful both Jean and Emma need moments of strength but they will also need moments of being vulnerable. Both are great characters and they play off each other very well. Both are very powerful but they tend to use their powers differently. They have a lot in common due to their telepathic powers, their love of Cyclops, being X-men, etc.