Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    No there isn't, its been pretty explicit that people can go if they want to. From the very first meeting of the quiet council they said that mutants can and will straddle both worlds. We're only 4 issues into the run and we've had plenty of examples of mutants who chose to stay out. Rictor, Pete Wisdom, Beak and family. Sure there has been encouragement and offers but nobody's being forced.

The pathetic state of the MU is such that very few mutants want to stay out. In Krakoa they aren't being persecuted, forced to live in sewers or murdered just because.
    Franklin Richards is hardly in the same boat as them though; he lives a comfy, relatively sheltered life and appears to be held with the same adoration as his parents are despite his mutant status. The only reasons he may have to join is teenage rebellion.

Also, Rictor didn't choose to stay out; he was unable to travel as were Beak and family. They stayed to care for Beak's ailing father and stated that they did, in fact want to go.

What I'm saying that it's problematic for all mutants to have to feel that Krakoa is their only way; at least not without some in-narrative questioning. It's as annoying in a meta-sense as it is from the plot.

I hope Franklin dies on Krakoa and can't be resurrected. The drama alone would be great.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope Franklin dies on Krakoa and can't be resurrected. The drama alone would be great.
    Even better if it's Orchis that does it.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

They can bring back the pre-teen we actually like

Astonishing Member

Y'all some savages lol I'm not too sold on the art personally Sue looks a little too much like Emma Frost for me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Okay, I know I've complained about this before, but I. Hate. Emo. Franklin.

From the design alone, I hate how they basically copied and pasted Sam Alexander's design. Is this how everyone feels about the lack of variety in Disney Princess faces?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Okay, I know I've complained about this before, but I. Hate. Emo. Franklin.

From the design alone, I hate how they basically copied and pasted Sam Alexander's design. Is this how everyone feels about the lack of variety in Disney Princess faces?
    Pretty much to be honest. Sorry ya had to go through it, like.

He should add a blue streak

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Pretty much to be honest. Sorry ya had to go through it, like.
    Well then, I know how Disney fans feel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    He should add a blue streak
    Oh but he did for all of two issues.

Seriously, I get the intent was to show how emo he was, but this is laziness beyond belief. At least Greg Land bothered to change colors with his art work. Granted, it's still garbage.

This is the same issue I had with Rahne in Rosenberg's Uncanny.

Oh and to hammer the point home, I'm not the only angry internet poster to catch this: https://twitter.com/hyaened/status/1193121611483885568
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 01-09-2020 at 01:31 PM.

BANNED

Well then, I know how Disney fans feel now.
    Ah it's rough buddy, but don't worry; we'll pull through somehow.

Mighty Member

Throw his sister in there for good measure.

BANNED

Throw his sister in there for good measure.
    I’d rather see Val revealed as a mutant, see the value in Krakoa, and peace out on the fam. Val is the best FFer.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Franklin Richards is hardly in the same boat as them though; he lives a comfy, relatively sheltered life and appears to be held with the same adoration as his parents are despite his mutant status. The only reasons he may have to join is teenage rebellion.

Also, Rictor didn't choose to stay out; he was unable to travel as were Beak and family. They stayed to care for Beak's ailing father and stated that they did, in fact want to go.

What I'm saying that it's problematic for all mutants to have to feel that Krakoa is their only way; at least not without some in-narrative questioning. It's as annoying in a meta-sense as it is from the plot.
    Rictor chose to stay away because he was afraid of what his powers would do. Beak and family chose to stay away because of family. Pete Wisdom chose to stay away because his loyalty was to the UK (By the way he meets the exact criteria you set). It doesn't matter why they stayed away, the simple fact that they did proves your assertion wrong. The only mutant not allowed to leave is Sabertooth, and F' him, he deserves it. The vast majority of mutants chose to go to Krakoa because Marvel has been telling us how overwhelmingly horrible the MU is towards mutants pretty much from the very beginning of Chris Claremont's tenure as writer.

There is nothing problematic in universe about the overwhelmingly vast majority of mutants wanting to go someplace where they aren't afraid of 40 ft. murderbots, inhuman death clouds, religious fanatics, government slavery, genetically engineered predators, government enforced medical procedures, having to live in sewers, political oppression, genetic persecution and so on and son on. Conversely, none of Krakoa's warts have come to the surface, so to the MU mutants it must look like paradise. Even then, they have shown us mutants who chose not to go or who aren't certain about Krakoa. There probably are other mutants who stayed away but there is no reason they need to be shown because the plot isn't about them, right now the plot is about building Krakoa not tearing it down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Rictor chose to stay away because he was afraid of what his powers would do. Beak and family chose to stay away because of family. Pete Wisdom chose to stay away because his loyalty was to the UK (By the way he meets the exact criteria you set). It doesn't matter why they stayed away, the simple fact that they did proves your assertion wrong. The only mutant not allowed to leave is Sabertooth, and F' him, he deserves it. The vast majority of mutants chose to go to Krakoa because Marvel has been telling us how overwhelmingly horrible the MU is towards mutants pretty much from the very beginning of Chris Claremont's tenure as writer.

There is nothing problematic in universe about the overwhelmingly vast majority of mutants wanting to go someplace where they aren't afraid of 40 ft. murderbots, inhuman death clouds, religious fanatics, government slavery, genetically engineered predators, government enforced medical procedures, having to live in sewers, political oppression, genetic persecution and so on and son on. Conversely, none of Krakoa's warts have come to the surface, so to the MU mutants it must look like paradise. Even then, they have shown us mutants who chose not to go or who aren't certain about Krakoa. There probably are other mutants who stayed away but there is no reason they need to be shown because the plot isn't about them, right now the plot is about building Krakoa not tearing it down.
    Rictor chose to stay away because every time he stepped outside the earth shook wildly. He couldn't get there, he said it himself; not saying your reasoning is wrong, but there was also another factor there. Beak also did choose to stay away, but because of a family obligation. Even now, his wife speaks of wanting to go to Krakoa after they escape the basement; there's little evidence right now they'll stay.

But surely some questioning of resistance to Krakoa by those who don't want to go would only enrich the plot, not tear Krakoa down? Wouldn't it address concerns? Show what's still happening on the outside, if attitudes are changing or worsening?

I will accept Franklin going to Krakoa if they take Sue too. Anything to save her from the current FF writer...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!