Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Have we seen her compassion and caring extend to humans though? Friends or otherwise? I've seen it towards characters like Kitty and other mutants but...?
    Black Panther. If you read his solo she's acts kind and helpful and caring to them.

Uh, Marauders...She told Pyro to kill no Human.

In Hickmans First X-Men issue she showed compassion for that Proto-Human girl and she also made a comment on how sad it is for humans to feel a certain way to experiment on them-self or something like that.

I actually do like this combative Storm reminds me of Punk Rock Storm :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Black Panther. If you read his solo she's acts kind and helpful and caring to them.

Uh, Marauders...She told Pyro to kill no Human.

In Hickmans First X-Men issue she showed compassion for that Proto-Human girl and she also made a comment on how sad it is for humans to feel a certain way to experiment on them-self or something like that.

I actually do like this combative Storm reminds me of Punk Rock Storm :-)
    Ah, see...gotta ask: Does it actually count if it's in another book? I always thought if we didn't see it from the X-line specifically then it's not really...y'know? Canon there?

In Marauders though: isn't that just more of a legal thing rather than from any real compassion? She's a council member, after all, her job kind of hinges on pointing that out.

Also, in Hickman's run...I get what ya mean with the Proto-Human girl, sort of, but I'm wondering if that's just pity? Also, if her comment about humans was not meant with contempt? Because, based on her lines before that, I'm struggling to see why she'd feel otherwise?

I miss compassionate Storm: that was real, leader-quality, badassery!

BANNED

Ah, see...gotta ask: Does it actually count if it's in another book? I always thought if we didn't see it from the X-line specifically then it's not really...y'know? Canon there?

In Marauders though: isn't that just more of a legal thing rather than from any real compassion? She's a council member, after all, her job kind of hinges on pointing that out.

Also, in Hickman's run...I get what ya mean with the Proto-Human girl, sort of, but I'm wondering if that's just pity? Also, if her comment about humans was not meant with contempt? Because, based on her lines before that, I'm struggling to see why she'd feel otherwise?

I miss compassionate Storm: that was real, leader-quality, badassery!
    It's Cannon because T'Challa talks about Krakoa to Storm.

Fair Enough on Maraurders.

Well, I bring it up because if Storm really didn't give 2-Shits about Humans anymore. I'd imagine she would tell Scott or Polaris to not engage in the girl for she isn't even their primary target. Yet, Storm wanted to help the girl
    I think she chooses when she wants to use compassion?? IDK. But she's not turning into a Magneto(I'd think that be cool), but she still the storm we love just more.....assertive and serious.

Honestly, this Storm reminds me of Post Crisis Wonder Woman.

Anyway, I hope the FF treats the X-Men with RESPECT!! LOL
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-09-2020 at 06:39 PM.

BANNED

It's Cannon because T'Challa talks about Krakoa to Storm.
    Cannon to the Marvel universe, maybe, but like...that doesn't mean it necessarily translates over to the X-line? Like: one writer might not actually be writing how the 'main' writer intends? If that makes sense?

Well, I bring it up because if Storm really didn't give 2-Shits about Humans anymore. I'd imagine she would tell Scott or Polaris to not engage in the girl for she isn't even their primary target. Yet, Storm wanted to help the girl
    But, isn't that also a good tactic for just getting information? Making someone feel cared about without actually...feeling it? I wouldn't put it past this Storm?

but she still the storm we love just more.....assertive and serious.
    Your milage may vary there: She's always been assertive and serious; but she never had to compromise her compassion to do so. Storm has always had the most objective, nuanced view...I'm not seeing it from Hickman.

On the whole vs thing.

Rockslide can't possess Ben as Ben isn't actually made out of rocks, it only looks like it.

Johnny's powers are better than Pyro's in every way tbh. He can do everything Pyro can, as well as generate and absorb fire/heat. Pyro alone should not be able to beat Johnny.

Sue's force-fields can and have blocked telepathy before, plus she's also blocked phasing. I think phasing is about what wavelength Sue is generating her force-fields at. Get the right one and she might be able to stop Kitty. Even then she has invisibility, which should not be underestimated.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Cannon to the Marvel universe, maybe, but like...that doesn't mean it necessarily translates over to the X-line? Like: one writer might not actually be writing how the 'main' writer intends? If that makes sense?

But, isn't that also a good tactic for just getting information? Making someone feel cared about without actually...feeling it? I wouldn't put it past this Storm?

Your milage may vary there: She's always been assertive and serious; but she never had to compromise her compassion to do so. Storm has always had the most objective, nuanced view...I'm not seeing it from Hickman.
    Just because it’s not mentioned in the X-Line doesn’t make it cannon.

Storm is not that heartless to pretend to care about a Human being just to get information. That’s not her style or character. She isn’t Batman.

It does for me. Given the example of the Proto Human that pretty much explains it for me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I mean, I can speculate:

Kitty's hugging Franklin because they hold fond memories of each other.

And, Storm's currently being written in a very combative, much less human-friendly manner under Hickman. She might not view them as her friends anymore, just 'human.'
    well in fearless ororo and sue were friends. I think ororo can separate the bad humans from the good ones.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Whatever happens in this series Franklin is going to be with the champions and other American supers in Outlaw. Although X-23 and Gwenpool will be there too.

I really think that the end will be Franklin losing all his powers on purpose and saying then that he goes Krakoa, but they are like “eh no” , then he says something like “exactly what I was thinking, you didn’t want me , you wanted to use my power” Xavier obtains a little of the blood of Franklin before losing his powers and gives it to Sinister and Reed at the end Reveals that he is in a natural phase of his powers but they will eventually come back .

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    On the whole vs thing.

Rockslide can't possess Ben as Ben isn't actually made out of rocks, it only looks like it.

Johnny's powers are better than Pyro's in every way tbh. He can do everything Pyro can, as well as generate and absorb fire/heat. Pyro alone should not be able to beat Johnny.

Sue's force-fields can and have blocked telepathy before, plus she's also blocked phasing. I think phasing is about what wavelength Sue is generating her force-fields at. Get the right one and she might be able to stop Kitty. Even then she has invisibility, which should not be underestimated.
    Sues forcefields were ineffective in X4 against telepathy. And I haven't seen a convincing argument to say they can as her opponents weren't proper telepaths e.g. psycho man

Looks like Sue's fields may be ineffective against Kitty's phasing too, unless of course, Franklinallowed Kitty entry.....

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Sues forcefields were ineffective in X4 against telepathy. And I haven't seen a convincing argument to say they can as her opponents weren't proper telepaths e.g. psycho man
    Marvel's official website confirms that they block telepathy. It's not surprising that Akira Yoshida didn't know that when he wrote X4.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Marvel's official website confirms that they block telepathy. It's not surprising that Akira Yoshida didn't know that when he wrote X4.
    They should clear that up.

Because i've seen some scans where Sue has been affected by TP with her Force Fields up.....

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

They should clear that up.

Because i've seen some scans where Sue has been affected by TP with her Force Fields up.....
    And the fact that it makes no sense? Telepathy is a worthless power, but I'd rather Reed just had some psi-blockers like every other two-bit human.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    And the fact that it makes no sense? Telepathy is a worthless power, but I'd rather Reed just had some psi-blockers like every other two-bit human.
    I wouldn't call Telepathy a worthless power. I mean it's very effective. As for Reed eh sure why not.....

On the whole vs thing.

Pyro should be able to prevent Human Torch was harming anyone else. Johnny even flaming on gives Pyro a way to hurt the other members of the Fantastic Four.