Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Fap (repeat several times) spooge, or something.

That would imply that the "additive" quality that is making the X-Men and mutantkind stronger and better is taking certain elements from other Marvel franchises (Franklin) and torching these respective sources to nothing. Betsy with the Captain Britain powers (and leaving Brian a Morgan Le Fay drone) was a test run (since Excalibur was an X-Men spinoff to begin with, CB's Marvel UK origin notwithstanding); turning Franklin into a loyal Krakoan and "Limbo-ing" his family would be the acid test of this sort of ADDITIVE status quo.

Maybe that's why Doom steps in in part 2. The X-Men did something to Valeria in #1.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-21-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    You know it's bad when people think that a team book between two hero families with numerous mutual friends between them has a chance of being about one team stepping on the other.

I also think that both teams can only come out of this on top.
    To be fair, Scott's interactions with the FF in HOX/POX #1 did come off pretty aggressive, if not divisive. We can't say yet if any of those mutual friendships have lasted or will continue to 'matter' in any meaningful way, especially based on how Hickman uses very separationist language to further distant humans from mutants. (I've been told this is meant as some kind of 'rhetorical hyperbole' that's not meant to be taken on an individual level...but I have a lot of trouble making sense of that. I understand this is probably due to my autism, but like, if you don't feel that way about a group of people, why would you say it, ya know?)

But, yeah, TL;DR: We need to see those past friendships and such in action before we can feel reassured.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    To be fair, Scott's interactions with the FF in HOX/POX #1 did come off pretty aggressive, if not divisive. We can't say yet if any of those mutual friendships have lasted or will continue to 'matter' in any meaningful way, especially based on how Hickman uses very separationist language to further distant humans from mutants. (I've been told this is meant as some kind of 'rhetorical hyperbole' that's not meant to be taken on an individual level...but I have a lot of trouble making sense of that. I understand this is probably due to my autism, but like, if you don't feel that way about a group of people, why would you say it, ya know?)

But, yeah, TL;DR: We need to see those past friendships and such in action before we can feel reassured.
    Scott and FF were very antagonistic on HOX. Friendship doesn't exclude conflict

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    detpikachu.jpg

throwing shade isn't "very antagonistic"
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    detpikachu.jpg

throwing shade isn't "very antagonistic"
    It wasn't amicable to me

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is usually painful to be in conflict with your friends, you try to ease the tension, to make understand. Scott Summers didn't seem very pained by the situation, he was just stating a fact if I remember well.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

On its own it was just shade, but in the context that Xavier has wanted Franklin for a while and tried to, you know, kill them on the issue before; it’s definitely a threat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    You know it's bad when people think that a team book between two hero families with numerous mutual friends between them has a chance of being about one team stepping on the other.

I also think that both teams can only come out of this on top.

Hmmmmm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It is usually painful to be in conflict with your friends, you try to ease the tension, to make understand. Scott Summers didn't seem very pained by the situation, he was just stating a fact if I remember well.
    That too; there's been too much emotional detachment present in regards to what's going on in relation to what's happened then. There's a real disconnect which furthers the idea that old friendships might just not matter (I'm praying I'm wrong, mind! But based on the tone I've seen present in every X-Book except Excalibur, I'm struggling to see different.)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The world has been re-shaped by the X-MEN. But you can’t reshape a world without encountering its true master … DOOM..
    1) Figuratively or literally?
    2) Nut
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Painful to be in conflict with your friends? It’s typically comes more natural to be at conflict with family or friends.

People keep bringing up these two teams being friends and seem against them being at odds. Since when did friends not end up at odds? Hell friends are at each other’s throats more then enemies at times. Healthy relationships go through that. Ups and downs. With everything that’s gone on...How can the rest of the super hero community just be completely fine with what the X-men are doing? There was definitely a hint of hostility in that conversation between Cyclops and the F4. Granted they were trying to remain cordial through out....but the hostility was definitely present.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-22-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    There are no "looks" anymore, Hickman said everyone will wear all their costumes, they will pick any outfit from their back catalogue.
    Do you have a link to that article?

That's an interesting choice.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That would imply that the "additive" quality that is making the X-Men and mutantkind stronger and better is taking certain elements from other Marvel franchises (Franklin) and torching these respective sources to nothing. Betsy with the Captain Britain powers (and leaving Brian a Morgan Le Fay drone) was a test run (since Excalibur was an X-Men spinoff to begin with, CB's Marvel UK origin notwithstanding)
    Brian will be rescued, dude. That’s the whole point of the first arc in Excalibur.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    One of those covers looks almost ironic the way Kate Pryde is all cute with Franklin, like she's trying to "tempt" him over to Krakoa

Idk how I feel about this crossover, it has potential to really make XMen/mutants seem in the wrong if they're aggressively trying to separate Franklin from his bio fam

Speaking of which it IS odd that more mutants haven't openly refused or declined Krakoa due to other ties with humans they had.
    The idea that they will aggressively try to take Franklin from them it’s ridiculous, they are not villains. And why mutants should decline to go to Krakoa because of ties with other human when they can instantly go wherever they want and meet these humans through a flower portal or plain invite them to Krakoa for a visit? This idea that going to Krakoa means isolating themselves from the world is absurd, only a few selected people are allowed in my house but I am not isolated from the world, in fact I meet strangers and new people constantly. That Krakoa is for mutants means that humans can’t take a plane or boat and just land to island not that no human is allowed to visit Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    The idea that they will aggressively try to take Franklin from them it’s ridiculous, they are not villains. And why mutants should decline to go to Krakoa because of ties with other human when they can instantly go wherever they want and meet these humans through a flower portal or plain invite them to Krakoa for a visit? This idea that going to Krakoa means isolating themselves from the world is absurd, only a few selected people are allowed in my house but I am not isolated from the world, in fact I meet strangers and new people constantly. That Krakoa is for mutants means that humans can’t take a plane or boat and just land to island not that no human is allowed to visit Krakoa.
    Why would Franklin need to live in Krakoa? He's a kid in a loving family. Why can't he just visit Krakoa instead of staying?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!