Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What threat does he actually pose to Krakoa? Hes mostly always stayed out of mutant business. And for good reasons.

Mighty Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I predict the X-Men will extend their offer of Krakoa to Franklin and Franklin escalates the conflict by whining about how powerless he is and how he used to be a god.

Doom is an irrelevant has-been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I liked him best when he was trying to be Iron Man. I like seeing egomaniacs struggle to control their own worst impulses.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    On its own it was just shade, but in the context that Xavier has wanted Franklin for a while and tried to, you know, kill them on the issue before; it’s definitely a threat
    ????? Xavier tried killing the F4 in the previous issue....????? What... where do you get this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    The idea that they will aggressively try to take Franklin from them it’s ridiculous, they are not villains. And why mutants should decline to go to Krakoa because of ties with other human when they can instantly go wherever they want and meet these humans through a flower portal or plain invite them to Krakoa for a visit? This idea that going to Krakoa means isolating themselves from the world is absurd, only a few selected people are allowed in my house but I am not isolated from the world, in fact I meet strangers and new people constantly. That Krakoa is for mutants means that humans can’t take a plane or boat and just land to island not that no human is allowed to visit Krakoa.
    ... except it's blatantly clear pretty much all the mutants in Krakoa DO live there. And are not simply visiting. If they show mutants visit and go back then fine but right now it feels very much like Krakoa is a "mutant homeland" and mutants go there literally to demarcate a point in their lives away from humankind. It's also seemingly a fact that the very existence of Krakoa has made mutants who DON'T reside there much less secure among humanity, giving them further incentive to want to move to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    I wasn’t talking about Franklin, the poster I was replying to said he was weird there weren’t more mutants refusing to live on Krakoa because they also have human connections. I was highlighting how they can live in Krakoa and have human connections because they can literally go to them instantaneously with a portal or have them on Krakoa instantenously trough a portal. I don’t think at all Franklin will move to Krakoa, for the simple fact that he is an active character in FF and if they were planning to move him, even temporarily, with the mutants, that would have been covered first in the FF book by Dan Slott and not in a miniseries by an unrelated writer. That said, a reason for Franklin wanting to move to Krakoa is that in the FF book now is going through a teenager rebellion phase, so he could pull a “I want to go to live with the cool uncles because I hate you”. But again, if it was to happen it would happen in the main FF book.
    Hmm. This is a bit too meta and cynical, you should have open mind more to experience a story's potential. I think maybe this big change COULD get introduced in this crossover.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-23-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Yikes, but you speak truth....

BANNED

Wonder if Franklin remembers creepy little Charles and alludes to the messed up period that was Onslaught.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Ooooo, we love receipts.
    yes beloved. that is the only way to do it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    What threat does he actually pose to Krakoa? Hes mostly always stayed out of mutant business. And for good reasons.
    Yeah but that was before, Krakoa has changed the game for the first time ever the mutants are a legitimate superpower on the World Stage. That gives Hickman the perfect opportunity to create conflict with Nations like Latveria and Wakanda.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, I guess that's why he has his own solo series again that's actually doing quite well so far. And there wouldn't be a new version of Earth for anyone if Doom hadn't succeeded where the Illuminati failed. I didn't see the mutants come up with any plans for handling the incursions and the Beyonders.

Considering the kind of luck the mutants have had before (Genosha anyone?) I'd say just about anyone with political acumen could bring it all down. It will be interesting to see if Hickman decides to bring Doom into all this but right now Doom's pretty much tied up in his own series right now.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-24-2019 at 12:33 AM.

BANNED

Let me put it like this. Mutants have attempted nation states before and it usually ends in genocide, it remains to be seen if Krakoa will be any different. Meanwhile, Doom has successfully maintained Latveria as an independent kingdom for virtually the entire existence of Marvel comics. Other tyrants eventually fall and even the grandest utopias collapse under their own weight but there is always Latveria and there is always Doom. It would be unwise to underestimate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Let me put it like this. Mutants have attempted nation states before and it usually ends in genocide, it remains to be seen if Krakoa will be any different. Meanwhile, Doom has successfully maintained Latveria as an independent kingdom for virtually the entire existence of Marvel comics. Other tyrants eventually fall and even the grandest utopias collapse under their own weight but there is always Latveria and there is always Doom. It would be unwise to underestimate him.
    Lmao it's Latveria. Nothing to write home about.

It's like bragging about owning NK. It's destitute and ruled by a delusional dictator that steals the daughters of his poor citizens

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Lmao it's Latveria. Nothing to write home about.

It's like bragging about owning NK. It's destitute and ruled by a delusional dictator that steals the daughters of his poor citizens
    Latveria was a backwards country until Doom transformed it single handedly into a world power. And it is no longer destitute as you claim. General Karadick was removed from office and Doom returned to the throne.

Even though he didn't launch them, Latveria has missiles that can hit a target with dead on precision on the Moon. Don't know if he still has them but as far back as Claremont's Fantastic Four, he had Hammer of God missiles that could travel at near light speed. But considering that they reached the Moon rather quickly, they must be high velocity.

I expect things won't go well for Krakoa and I don't doubt it will all go to hell in a handbasket eventually. It will be Genosha II. that's just how the mutants roll... they will start fighting among themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's why he has his own solo series again that's actually doing quite well so far. And there wouldn't be a new version of Earth for anyone if Doom hadn't succeeded where the Illuminati failed. I didn't see the mutants come up with any plans for handling the incursions and the Beyonders.

Considering the kind of luck the mutants have had before (Genosha anyone?) I'd say just about anyone with political acumen could bring it all down. It will be interesting to see if Hickman decides to bring Doom into all this but right now Doom's pretty much tied up in his own series right now.
    No there wouldn't be a new version of Earth if MM didn't hold Dooms hand through the incursions and give him the powers of god so he could make his little patchwork planet.

Franklin saved the multiverse. Doom was limited in scope and vision so he couldn't see past his own shallow desires to be "god" and his weird and long overdone obsession with Susan Richards.

BANNED

No there wouldn't be a new version of Earth if MM didn't hold Dooms hand through the incursions and give him the powers of god so he could make his little patchwork planet.

Franklin saved the multiverse. Doom was limited in scope and vision so he couldn't see past his own shallow desires to be "god" and his weird and long overdone obsession with Susan Richards.
    Honestly, attempting to restore the multiverse was a bad decision. It just creates too many new variables that you can't see or control. Then it's only a matter of time before something gains power in one of those universes and subsequently invades the prime universe causing untold collateral damage as a result. As is the case with Franklin Richards, the new multiverse only spawned a reality devouring villain in the Greiver. I mean, at least Doom managed to hold everything together and had the good sense not to cause further problems by introducing new wildcard universes that have no right to exist.

But I suppose that’s all beside the point. The X-Men have more immediate problems if they want to survive even 2020 in the prime Marvel universe. Picking fights with powerful nations like Latveria is a war that Krakoa can ill afford.