Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean, I'm not saying they can't beat him, but he has access to amazing magic and tech, including time travelt tech. Underestimating him would lead to a X-Force like situation.
    And Krakoa has Magik, Forge, Captain Britain, Storm, Tempus, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    That would be insanely risky at best. Doom's been a big part of the marvel universe for a while, no telling what removing him from the past might do.
    But the argument was that he has access to time travel too. So how is it safe if he does it but risky for them?

Put on an equal ground they would take him down easily.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    And that lasted 5 minutes, because everyone with mental resistance or immunity would fight back
    it lasted several days but not bc of that but bc Cyclops made the decision to have it reversed. Point is the mutants have the means to create a huge distraction that would give them the oppurtunity to strike

Doom at his most powerful snapped the neck of the representation of the X-Men at their most powerful.

Then again, might have been a Doombot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And Krakoa has Magik, Forge, Captain Britain, Storm, Tempus, etc.

But the argument was that he has access to time travel too. So how is it safe if he does it but risky for them?

Put on an equal ground they would take him down easily.
    Because he knows what he is doing when he time travels, he has traveled to thousands of alternate futures while Tempus barely knows how to travel to the future. When she tried to find their family she discovered that she couldn’t access to their time line anymore. She is an amateur

Astonishing Member

Guys guys why are we arguing about this when clearly

ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM
    I'd love to see a scene in an upcoming X-Book where someone asks Magneto where he's been and he says something like:

"I had a meeting with Victor von Doom."
    "Why?"
    "To get some consulting advice on running a nation while being hated and feared by the world."
    ".... and?"
    "It didn't go very well."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM
    Damn it Hope, What have you done now?

Here are some more things to come from the upcoming book:

So Incoming seems to reveal that Sinister may have a hand in all of this which is interesting. He may be the villain of the book and I wonder how if it will effect his relationship with Krakoa if he goes too far.

The cover for #3:

Mark Brooks showed this work-in-progress on twitter:

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...14364730810368

And finally, Chip Zdarsky gave us this sneak peek lol:

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1212389654827294723
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-01-2020 at 10:43 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

So there is a fight happening after all.

With the Hickmandate, the X-Men cannot lose this battle. The F4 (and Doom) are killed, their respective Marvel Comics titles cancelled, Franklin is conditioned to go to Krakoa and accept mutankind as his only family, Kate makes him a MAN, and Sinister gets his ultra-rare Chimera ingredient DNA.

And that was my HoxPoxDox-berserk trigger acting up again. Since my paltry reasons for describing Krakoa have long been unraveled by supporters' logic, I've been reduced to just disliking the standing SQ for dislike's sake. Look, some things are great, but there are simply core concepts of HoxPoxDox that make me not like it, no matter how the X-church hammers my head with the right interpretation. All the same, I have been locked in a Quixote mode for the X-franchise, so in defiance of well-meaning advice that I stop reading and following up until maybe next decade, I can never walk away from the X (anymore), no matter how much specific current developments pain my soul.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 01-01-2020 at 11:32 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Astonishing Member

Oh for gods sake.

The F4 and Doom are not going to be killed, not when they have their MCU debut coming up and, more importantly, the 2099 event still ongoing.

At most I can see Franklin becoming disillusioned with superheroes and joining Krakoa, setting the stage for further conflict down the road, seeing as Sinister has a habit of his experiments backfiring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Oh for gods sake.

The F4 and Doom are not going to be killed, not when they have their MCU debut coming up and, more importantly, the 2099 event still ongoing.

At most I can see Franklin becoming disillusioned with superheroes and joining Krakoa, setting the stage for further conflict down the road, seeing as Sinister has a habit of his experiments backfiring.
    This is Londo their go to is long winded dismissive sarcasm anytime something Krakoa related pops up. Best to just ignore them.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Oh for gods sake.

Are you game for Kate becoming Franklin's first and introducing him to the wondrous decadence of Krakoan polyamory?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Are you game for Kate becoming Franklin's first and introducing him to the wondrous decadence of Krakoan polyamory?
    While foolish life choices while drunk seems to be Kate’s go-to thing these days; she’s in her late twenties and he’s a teenager. If the Quiet Council really needs a honeypot they have literal legions of teenagers his age of both/variable genders to work with before they step into creepy stuff.

Besides, it would probably make things with Rachel awkward.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Here are some more things to come from the upcoming book:

Mark Brooks showed this work-in-progress on twitter:

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...14364730810368
    That seems to accompany this:

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...49394215915520

I guess its a four covers connecting piece?

So who's missing? Jean, Emma, The Thing, Mr. Fantastic, Valeria, Franklin...?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    That seems to accompany this:

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...49394215915520

I guess its a four covers connecting piece?

So who's missing? Jean, Emma, The Thing, Mr. Fantastic, Valeria, Franklin...?
    I think that's the top of Franklin's head below Sue and Xavier.

I hope this becomes a poster. I would instantly buy it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-02-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!