Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I didn't know Magma can fly either LOL.
    She shouldnt but somewhere along the line, artists starting drawing her as a female Human Torch and its happened so often that it just appears to be apart of her powerset

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    In the interest of Franklin’s character, it would be better if he was taken off of Slott’s run posthaste.
    He’s gotta be taken off expeditiously. Until there’s some huge crossover, I don’t think he’s ever getting taken off the book unless it’s pried from his cold, canceled hands.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    agreed, Hickman's 100% building towards Frankling playing some role on Krakoa . I'll feel cheated if he doesnt. Plus, now that Franklin's official dyed his hair and thus ascended to angsty teen-dom, maybe Slott's down to work an interfamilial conflict like this into whatever plans he has? that might be a stretch tho, I havent read F4 in forever and have no idea whats going on. Wolverine-ing would be an acceptable solution
    I feel like Incoming!, the Omega Mutant list, and this mini’s purpose is all hinging on Franklin being a part of Krakoa. Would’ve been even better if Franklin’s distance had less to do with regular teen angstiness and moreso feeling a disconnect with his family over never having been given an environment that encouraged exploration in his mutant powers in a mutant community. It would’ve given X4 much more weight on the FF’s side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He’s gotta be taken off expeditiously. Until there’s some huge crossover, I don’t think he’s ever getting taken off the book unless it’s pried from his cold, canceled hands.
    Slott gave away plenty of Spider-Man characters and he's barely using the Richards kids as is. Valeria is a complete non-entity (doesn't help that there's a dozen super genius kids running around now, so she lost everything that made her unique).

I feel like Incoming!, the Omega Mutant list, and this mini’s purpose is all hinging on Franklin being a part of Krakoa. Would’ve been even better if Franklin’s distance had less to do with regular teen angstiness and moreso feeling a disconnect with his family over never having been given an environment that encouraged exploration in his mutant powers in a mutant community. It would’ve given X4 much more weight on the FF’s side.
    I don't think that would work much either since Franklin was a depowered pre-teen for most of his publication history. And also too dumb/carefree to have the attention span to endure one talk with a mutant activist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Fraklin had been expploring his powers at full potecial with his parents for years recreating the Multiverse. I think the election of Fraklin will be heavily influenced by Valeria. It was teased that she will have strongs opinions about Krakoa and about its potential.

I dont think Hickman wants Franklin as part of Krakoa, otherwise adult franklin wulad have mentioned the Xmen more in his FF series and he seems to have more in common with Galactus than anyone on Earth.

But his DNA will be a plot point for Sinister and a central point of DOX, if they dont have Franklin they will want to create their own Franklin, but Franklin isnt a normal mutant, iis the son of two cosmic enchanced humans and irradiated at birth with the energies of the negative zone. Create another Franklin could be the secret goal of Sinister in Hellions
    Last edited by hulkling; 01-03-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She shouldnt but somewhere along the line, artists starting drawing her as a female Human Torch and its happened so often that it just appears to be apart of her powerset

Yeah, she shouldn't, but they make her do it. I've rationalized it as this: she's a geo/magmakinetic, right, so she can control rocks and lava. When she turns into her magma form, her body is now magma, therefore it's under her psionic control, and she can move it through the air(kinda like Terra from Teen Titans would do).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Slott gave away plenty of Spider-Man characters and he's barely using the Richards kids as is. Valeria is a complete non-entity (doesn't help that there's a dozen super genius kids running around now, so she lost everything that made her unique).
    Lose Franklin (and I guess Valerie) and just have Slott continue his weird “fight against a technologically-advanced black society” subplot. Actually, I’m not gonna comment on the moving narrative train of the Fantastic Four because I honestly don’t know what the hell is going on and I never want to find out unless Johnny gets to kids a man.

I don't think that would work much either since Franklin was a depowered pre-teen for most of his publication history. And also too dumb/carefree to have the attention span to endure one talk with a mutant activist.
    Oh, I meant moreso post-Secret Wars. It could’ve been built off that line during the Dark Avengers/X-Men: Utopia crossover where he questioned why he was hated just because he was a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Fraklin had been expploring his powers at full potecial with his parents for years recreating the Multiverse. I think the election of Fraklin will be heavily influenced by Valeria. It was teased that she will have strongs opinions about Krakoa and about its potential.

I dont think Hickman wants Franklin as part of Krakoa, otherwise adult franklin wulad have mentioned the Xmen more in his FF series and he seems to have more in common with Galactus than anyone on Earth.

But his DNA will be a plot point for Sinister and a central point of DOX, if they dont have Franklin they will want to create their own Franklin, but Franklin isnt a normal mutant, iis the son of two cosmic enchanced humans and irradiated at birth with the energies of the negative zone. Create another Franklin could be the secret goal of Sinister in Hellions
    Didn’t know the Fantastic Four was a “mutant community.” Also, are you implying Hickman wanted to do Krakoa back during his FF run a decade ago? He didn’t even have House of X as a thought back then.

And that last paragraph is speculation.
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-03-2020 at 05:30 PM.

I think that at some point it will play with the Franklin-Galactus and Rachel-Phoenix connection considering that they are the two entities that pose a threat to the Dominions. And from what was said in Powers of X, when the Dominions discover Moira's existence they will not be very happy with the Earth's mutants.

I don't think it's a coincidence that of ALL THE COSMIC ENTITIES, Hickman chose the two that have a strong connection with the mutants.

Astonishing Member

I think it’s a given that Franklin will join Krakoa, I just don’t expect it to be an entirely above board thing; and that it will start whatever active tension between Krakoa and the other superhumans (Marvel won’t risk a hero v hero event that could damage sales the way CWII did) for the rest of Hickman’s tenure.

BANNED

Wheres Namor idc abt all dis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Considering Xavier is implicitly behind all of Namor’s more erratic actions following the F4 finding him, I would imagine he’s a tad pissed at baldy.

And Sue’s not so thirsty that she’d let Imperius Flex dictate what happens to her son

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering Xavier is implicitly behind all of Namor’s more erratic actions following the F4 finding him, I would imagine he’s a tad pissed at baldy.

And Sue’s not so thirsty that she’d let Imperius Flex dictate what happens to her son
    He dont care as evidenced by PoX which happened after Invaders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think that at some point it will play with the Franklin-Galactus and Rachel-Phoenix connection considering that they are the two entities that pose a threat to the Dominions. And from what was said in Powers of X, when the Dominions discover Moira's existence they will not be very happy with the Earth's mutants.

I don't think it's a coincidence that of ALL THE COSMIC ENTITIES, Hickman chose the two that have a strong connection with the mutants.
    Hickman mentioned them saying that they dont have any problem with Dominions because they are a natural evolution of societies. I think it was a way to say that they arent a cosmic enemy , the Big boys dont give them more atention than any war between planets or species.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Nah In march he will pledge his loyalty to Mephisto to destory the avengers, I dont think he will appear with Krakoa or the Fantastic four soon

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It would really say something if the F4 actively prevent teenage Franklin from exploring his Mutant identity and residing with his people when they allowed two-years old Valeria to live with Doom. Would show what they really think of Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It would really say something if the F4 actively prevent teenage Franklin from exploring his Mutant identity and residing with his people when they allowed two-years old Valeria to live with Doom. Would show what they really think of Mutants.
    Doom at this point seems more noble than Xavier and company. Sinister want his DNA to some chimeras.