Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Mutants opposed to/questioning of Krakoa aren't a part of the central narrative so they don't need a significant introduction or significant presence in Act I. The examples given establish that those types of mutants exist thus when you get to Act II if the writers want to explore that idea you don't have to spend a lot of time introducing them. It doesn't even have to be one of those examples, they simply established the precedent that not everyone went to Krakoa.
    Which leads me to conclude that they won't; because it hasn't been set-up to be it most likely won't be. Which is frustrating and makes the narrative feel contrived because there are characters who should and all of them have been shown to be a-ok with everything. To do it now would just look like an after-thought and lead to criticisms along the lines of....well, you know. Surprised Pikachu face.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Which leads me to conclude that they won't; because it hasn't been set-up to be it most likely won't be. Which is frustrating and makes the narrative feel contrived because there are characters who should and all of them have been shown to be a-ok with everything. To do it now would just look like an after-thought and lead to criticisms along the lines of....well, you know. Surprised Pikachu face.
    No, thats not right either. The central conflict in the current run is mutants vs. extinction. Act I is about setting up the elements important to that narrative not all the elements that will appear. Mutants opposed to the status quo are not a significant element to that story so don't need significant panel time right now, in fact they'd be out of place. That represents a complication to the central narrative, which is to say an Act II problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Unfortunately your probably right, if nothing else I personally can't wait for Bobby and Johnny to go at it to finally settle that age old debate. Truthfully the X-Men do need to back off, Franklin is a minor if his parents say no end of discussion all they have to do is wait 2 more years for him to be legal then they can approach him. Oh wait Krakoa will probably be ashes by then....

All this trouble for some emo brat who lacks any kind of substance outside of his powers, I just don't understand.
    Of Course the X-Men have to lose they are the Bad Guys. But I agree I do want Bobby and Johnny to fight to settle the Score.

I do believe the X-Men should just leave Franklin alone. However, it's not THEIR fault if Franklin is actually wanting to be apart of Krakoa, wanting to learn about being a Mutant. Or reaching out to the X-Men.

Are the FF being overprotective? Yes. But at the same time he is a minor and not able to make decisions on his own. To me Franklin comes off as a Egotistical ******* of a Kid.

It just feels like the FF are jumping to conclusions VERY fast. Why is Sue putting up a Force Field? How does Sue know they are here to take her child? Did the X-Men say they were??? I mean for all we know they came to talk.

But whatever this is just me....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    No, thats not right either. The central conflict in the current run is mutants vs. extinction. Act I is about setting up the elements important to that narrative not all the elements that will appear. Mutants opposed to the status quo are not a significant element to that story so don't need significant panel time right now, in fact they'd be out of place. That represents a complication to the central narrative, which is to say an Act II problem.
    You say it would present a complication; I say it would present a narrative challenge and obstacle, or, at the least, foreshadowing. Especially considering we haven't seen explicit reasoning for why all characters are suddenly so on board.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I do believe the X-Men should just leave Franklin alone. However, it's not THEIR fault if Franklin is actually wanting to be apart of Krakoa, wanting to learn about being a Mutant. Or reaching out to the X-Men.
    If that preview is any indication and the Slott FF run, I think we can make an educated guess that Franklin doesn't give a crap about Krakoa except for what they can do about his powers. He never refers to himself as mutant despite being very aware of being a mutant and participated in attempting to rescue the Morlocks during their famous Mutant Massacre. "Which makes me your god" and "I am the god who makes sacrifices" are just two of the lines he uses to refer to himself. Not "omega level mutant"; he refers to himself as "god". If anything, Krakoa is a means to an end.

Sure, character development is hopefully going to kick in, but until then, I still find it funny that people assert he wants to learn about mutantkind, yet he is only interested in his powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If that preview is any indication and the Slott FF run, I think we can make an educated guess that Franklin doesn't give a crap about Krakoa except for what they can do about his powers. He never refers to himself as mutant despite being very aware of being a mutant and participated in attempting to rescue the Morlocks during their famous Mutant Massacre. "Which makes me your god" and "I am the god who makes sacrifices" are just two of the lines he uses to refer to himself. Not "omega level mutant"; he refers to himself as "god". If anything, Krakoa is a means to an end.

Sure, character development is hopefully going to kick in, but until then, I still find it funny that people assert he wants to learn about mutantkind, yet he is only interested in his powers.
    That's EXACTLY why I believe he's an *******........

I've been reading the FF book currently. He's sad that his powers are weakened greatly. He's not as strong as he use to be.

Sound like he'd get right along with Magneto.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

I've been reading the FF book currently. He's sad that his powers are weakened greatly. He's not as strong as he use to be.
    My problem is just how poorly thought out his whole god to man arc is. Him losing his powers could have been a brilliant metaphor for a cross country runner who can never run again due to muscle damage or an artist who can never draw again due to deteriorating health. That could have been a brilliant metaphor. Instead, we have a standard emo idiot who cares more about his powers than anything else. Woo-hoo.

BANNED

My problem is just how poorly thought out his whole god to man arc is. Him losing his powers could have been a brilliant metaphor for a cross country runner who can never run again due to muscle damage or an artist who can never draw again due to deteriorating health. That could have been a brilliant metaphor. Instead, we have a standard emo idiot who cares more about his powers than anything else. Woo-hoo.
    I agree.

So, i'm curious as to WHY Kitty is hugging Franklin. And WHY Storm isn't greeting the FF as her friends like they never knew her. I REALLY hope this doesn't go the way I think it's going.
    Please Marvel

I agree.

So, i'm curious as to WHY Kitty is hugging Franklin. And WHY Storm isn't greeting the FF as her friends like they never knew her. I REALLY hope this doesn't go the way I think it's going.
    Please Marvel
    He's already saw her naked. Hugging is little leagues.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

I agree.

Please Marvel
    I mean, I can speculate:

Kitty's hugging Franklin because they hold fond memories of each other.

And, Storm's currently being written in a very combative, much less human-friendly manner under Hickman. She might not view them as her friends anymore, just 'human.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Mmm Sue...

BANNED

I mean, I can speculate:

Kitty's hugging Franklin because they hold fond memories of each other.

And, Storm's currently being written in a very combative, much less human-friendly manner under Hickman. She might not view them as her friends anymore, just 'human.'
    That's.....VERY True. But we do see Storm actually showing compassion and caring. Though your right her methods are harsh right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He's already saw her naked. Hugging is little leagues.
    Um..when did Kitty and Franklin get so BUDDY BUDDY????

BANNED

That's.....VERY True. But we do see Storm actually showing compassion and caring. Though your right her methods are harsh right now.
    Have we seen her compassion and caring extend to humans though? Friends or otherwise? I've seen it towards characters like Kitty and other mutants but...?

Have we seen her compassion and caring extend to humans though? Friends or otherwise? I've seen it towards characters like Kitty and other mutants but...?
    She's sleeping with Black Panther.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!