Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It depends really on how psychic energy is depicted, I think. I think her shields allow her to manipulate energy in the EM spectrum such as visible light and such so it makes sense to block electricity and microwaves. As far as sound, she just gave the shields the adeguate consistency (they're still mechanical waves and she can block mechanical pressure/force since her shields are essentially solid).

It really depends on how the writer defines her powers and psychic powers. Emma has gone through her shields tho, and she's also gone through the ONE Sentinels shields by finding the right frequency so if it's an EM issue then a telepath could still work it out probably.

But it's mostly on the writer and I'm thinking way too deep about it hahaha.
    See there we go

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ben beat Devil Hulk.
    Yup. currently it's almost like, in the same way that the angrier Hulk gets, the stronger he gets; the more heart the situation needs and the more heart he exhibits, the stronger Ben gets.

If he felt, deep down, the fight was 'wrong' he'd lose to Colossus. If he was convinced he was really protecting his nephew from a threat... nothing would stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    Yeah isn’t sues powers almost but not really “light based” if that makes sense
    Only her invisibility is light based, which is why she could do crazy things with light. Her force-fields are a different thing all together. I'm still waiting on a clear definition and exploration of them, but they aren't light-based.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    There was the AvX fight, but Peter had the Juggernuat's power complimenting his own. Although Colossus is my favorite character, I don't think it counts. Overall, I give the fight to the Thing if they clash, but this is not the "lift/press 70 tons" Colossus of yore.

They are friends, but the stakes are high. Throw in JDW, Ben may well mop the floor with him. If editorial lets the writer write, it should be a good fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ben beat Devil Hulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yup. currently it's almost like, in the same way that the angrier Hulk gets, the stronger he gets; the more heart the situation needs and the more heart he exhibits, the stronger Ben gets.

If he felt, deep down, the fight was 'wrong' he'd lose to Colossus. If he was convinced he was really protecting his nephew from a threat... nothing would stop him.
    I feel like Ben always gets the plot armor in these fights. I'm sorry, but Piotr is taller and made of a stronger material. He should be stronger. But I did not know Ben had that sort of 'escalating' aspect to his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    Yeah isn’t sues powers almost but not really “light based” if that makes sense
    Isn't Sue's power tied to hyperspace or some ****? She gets a lot of buff too. I guess as first family of Marvel they just get that. It's like Sue's untouchable, and Ben's the strongest, and Johnny's the best fire guy, over all mutants in similar wavelengths.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel like Ben always gets the plot armor in these fights. I'm sorry, but Piotr is taller and made of a stronger material. He should be stronger. But I did not know Ben had that sort of 'escalating' aspect to his power.

Isn't Sue's power tied to hyperspace or some ****? She gets a lot of buff too. I guess as first family of Marvel they just get that. It's like Sue's untouchable, and Ben's the strongest, and Johnny's the best fire guy, over all mutants in similar wavelengths.
    Ben's skin only looks like rock, it isn't made of actual rocks. So Piotr' s metallic skin isn't necessarily sturdier. And height means nothing.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm loving Piotr's shiny nipslip. That said, he and Ben haven't tussled since Piotr was still a teenager.
    They fought in AvX but Piotr had a boost as the then avatar of Cyttorak.

Or maybe it was just on a cover. Have to check.

Edit: Yes they did.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think Sue's force powers are made of cosmic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Ben's skin only looks like rock, it isn't made of actual rocks. So Piotr' s metallic skin isn't necessarily sturdier. And height means nothing.
    In terms of physics and leverage, and in terms of fighting, yes, height means something.

In terms of physics and leverage, and in terms of fighting, yes, height means something.
    Not in comics...

Of course not...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    They fought in AvX but Piotr had a boost as the then avatar of Cyttorak.

Or maybe it was just on a cover. Have to check.

Edit: Yes they did.
    Right, but I was ignoring that one because it was AvX(didn't Natasha beat Magik in Limbo?), and Piotr was buffed with the Cyttorak curse.

This is the last time I remember them going head to head:

thingcolossus.jpg

RCO045_1469326357.jpg

RCO048_1469326357.jpg

Why cant the Xmen just steal Franklins DNA and create a Franklin without memories of his family?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Why cant the Xmen just steal Franklins DNA and create a Franklin without memories of his family?
    Because that would be unethical.

But wait, telling a kid that you are his real family and he should leave his folks is unethical too and also creepy, so idk.

BANNED

Probably that will end happening otherwise Incoming wouldnt emphasize that Sinister still doesnt have Franklin DNA. But Franklin was irradiated at birth with cosmic energy so recreate his powers wont be that easy. This last part is a theory but I think that it would fit , Sinister searching a way to create a successful franklin clone

Because the writers know their already at the edge of the line of being fascist cult like the US and don't want to cross it quite yet...