Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 768
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would actually love it if we get a story where the United Nations declares the X-Men the world's super hero team and the Avengers have to go sulk in the corner. That would be hilarious.

    "With our newfound friends from the Nation of Krakoa, the Secretary General of the United Nations would like introduce the new superhero team of the United Nations, the X-Men!"

    Haha
    Steve Rogers is going to be stepping on another island with an helicarrier.

  2. #47
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would actually love it if we get a story where the United Nations declares the X-Men the world's super hero team and the Avengers have to go sulk in the corner. That would be hilarious.

    "With our newfound friends from the Nation of Krakoa, the Secretary General of the United Nations would like introduce the new superhero team of the United Nations, the X-Men!"

    Haha
    Avengers are backed by wakanda now.

    UN is so not efective

  3. #48
    Braddock Isle JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16,622

    Default

    This is delicious.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    A good way to see the new situation of mutants through the eyes of other heroes. I just hope it doesn't end in another hero vs. hero story.

    Reed and Val are some of the smartest characters in the marvel universe so they have a very different and out-of-passion view when it comes to making their projections for better or worse .

    I'm sure they can predict some of the steps Xavier is taking and their outcome. But they can't see the whole picture like Xavier and Erik being guided by Moira.

  5. #50
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would actually love it if we get a story where the United Nations declares the X-Men the world's super hero team and the Avengers have to go sulk in the corner. That would be hilarious.

    "With our newfound friends from the Nation of Krakoa, the Secretary General of the United Nations would like introduce the new superhero team of the United Nations, the X-Men!"

    Haha
    The Squadron Supreme would would definitely be up their ass.

  6. #51
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The real reason Doug had to stay in his lane is that Kitty's allergic to boys her own age.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Avengers are backed by wakanda now.

    UN is so not efective
    You're right! Wakanda is backing up both the Avengers and the closest thing we have to SHIELD now.

    Considering Wakanda is not recognizing Krakoa, this is going to be interesting going forward.

  8. #53
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The real reason Doug had to stay in his lane is that Kitty's allergic to boys her own age.
    Doug got to make it with Betsy Braddock, cyborg fashion model. He won the day.

    Totally OT: One thing Claremont brought back when he returned and which I've appreciated staying in-character since is Betsy being one of few X-Women with unapologetic sexual agency. Staid '90s domesticity with Warren bored her (and me, for years) so she ankled him for a fling with hot PYT Neal. Then came the Fantomexes, etc. She even played Mrs. Robinson again with Big Sam Guthrie briefly in Reload.

  9. #54
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You're right! Wakanda is backing up both the Avengers and the closest thing we have to SHIELD now.

    Considering Wakanda is not recognizing Krakoa, this is going to be interesting going forward.
    It's been 3 months and I'm only now realizing that Avengers is a book about geopolitics and the X-Men have a nation-state.

    I blame all the damn Ghost Riders.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,173

    Default


    Looks like the "are the X-Men taking mutant children from parents" thread has more to argue - er, discuss about.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 10-25-2019 at 08:26 AM.

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The Squadron Supreme would would definitely be up their ass.
    I imagine the fact that the ‘Squadron’ are just dopplegangers provided by Mephisto would prove counterproductive to the US

    Seeing as she was/is part of the Power Elite, I can’t imagine Selene wouldn’t trade such knowledge for goodies

  12. #57
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

    Is the "are the X-Men taking mutant children from parents" thread has more to argue - er, discuss about.
    This is a funny cover.

  13. #58
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    13,691

    Default

    I absolutely LOVE Zdarsky's Daredevil and the Dodsons are...the Dodsons.
    But...I'll be waiting to see what the prev-pages look like before committing.
    And...It would depend on whether or not The DoX books are still double-shipping come February 2020
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-25-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

    Is the "are the X-Men taking mutant children from parents" thread has more to argue - er, discuss about.
    No X-men will make an offer but like any parent concerned about their children they don't want to hear what the X-men have to say or let their child with cosmic reality-altering powers go to an island full of mutant villains or telepaths able to control and manipulate him. And if I were in their shoes would have the same concern .

    In the end what matters is how Franklin feels the rest is a bunch of adults who think they can decide what's best for him.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's been 3 months and I'm only now realizing that Avengers is a book about geopolitics and the X-Men have a nation-state.

    I blame all the damn Ghost Riders.
    Since I can’t imagine Aaron and Hickman haven’t talked, and because Aaron still need to wait for the various solo books to shift again, it’s not impossible the interaction with DoX will wait for the inevitable arc about a new Phoenix host

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •