Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would actually love it if we get a story where the United Nations declares the X-Men the world's super hero team and the Avengers have to go sulk in the corner. That would be hilarious.

"With our newfound friends from the Nation of Krakoa, the Secretary General of the United Nations would like introduce the new superhero team of the United Nations, the X-Men!"

Haha
    Steve Rogers is going to be stepping on another island with an helicarrier.

I would actually love it if we get a story where the United Nations declares the X-Men the world's super hero team and the Avengers have to go sulk in the corner. That would be hilarious.

"With our newfound friends from the Nation of Krakoa, the Secretary General of the United Nations would like introduce the new superhero team of the United Nations, the X-Men!"

Haha
    Avengers are backed by wakanda now.

UN is so not efective

This is delicious.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

A good way to see the new situation of mutants through the eyes of other heroes. I just hope it doesn't end in another hero vs. hero story.

Reed and Val are some of the smartest characters in the marvel universe so they have a very different and out-of-passion view when it comes to making their projections for better or worse .

I'm sure they can predict some of the steps Xavier is taking and their outcome. But they can't see the whole picture like Xavier and Erik being guided by Moira.

Haha
    The Squadron Supreme would would definitely be up their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The real reason Doug had to stay in his lane is that Kitty's allergic to boys her own age.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Avengers are backed by wakanda now.

UN is so not efective
    You're right! Wakanda is backing up both the Avengers and the closest thing we have to SHIELD now.

Considering Wakanda is not recognizing Krakoa, this is going to be interesting going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The real reason Doug had to stay in his lane is that Kitty's allergic to boys her own age.
    Doug got to make it with Betsy Braddock, cyborg fashion model. He won the day.

Totally OT: One thing Claremont brought back when he returned and which I've appreciated staying in-character since is Betsy being one of few X-Women with unapologetic sexual agency. Staid '90s domesticity with Warren bored her (and me, for years) so she ankled him for a fling with hot PYT Neal. Then came the Fantomexes, etc. She even played Mrs. Robinson again with Big Sam Guthrie briefly in Reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You're right! Wakanda is backing up both the Avengers and the closest thing we have to SHIELD now.

Considering Wakanda is not recognizing Krakoa, this is going to be interesting going forward.
    It's been 3 months and I'm only now realizing that Avengers is a book about geopolitics and the X-Men have a nation-state.

I blame all the damn Ghost Riders.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Looks like the "are the X-Men taking mutant children from parents" thread has more to argue - er, discuss about.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 10-25-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The Squadron Supreme would would definitely be up their ass.
    I imagine the fact that the ‘Squadron’ are just dopplegangers provided by Mephisto would prove counterproductive to the US

Seeing as she was/is part of the Power Elite, I can’t imagine Selene wouldn’t trade such knowledge for goodies

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Is the "are the X-Men taking mutant children from parents" thread has more to argue - er, discuss about.
    This is a funny cover.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE Zdarsky's Daredevil and the Dodsons are...the Dodsons.
    But...I'll be waiting to see what the prev-pages look like before committing.
    And...It would depend on whether or not The DoX books are still double-shipping come February 2020
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-25-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Is the "are the X-Men taking mutant children from parents" thread has more to argue - er, discuss about.
    No X-men will make an offer but like any parent concerned about their children they don't want to hear what the X-men have to say or let their child with cosmic reality-altering powers go to an island full of mutant villains or telepaths able to control and manipulate him. And if I were in their shoes would have the same concern .

In the end what matters is how Franklin feels the rest is a bunch of adults who think they can decide what's best for him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's been 3 months and I'm only now realizing that Avengers is a book about geopolitics and the X-Men have a nation-state.

I blame all the damn Ghost Riders.
    Since I can’t imagine Aaron and Hickman haven’t talked, and because Aaron still need to wait for the various solo books to shift again, it’s not impossible the interaction with DoX will wait for the inevitable arc about a new Phoenix host