Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

There’s an assumption that the X-Men are being aggressors simply by being Franklin to see what he’s being asked to join and if he would ever want to. There’s no indication that this is something they’ll force him to do and learning about your culture is important to who you are.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Who said that?
    Kid Franklin would care for mutants since he did stick his neck out for mutants during "Mutant Massacre."

Teen Franklin is a different story. He cares only for power. It's why he refused to save his new aunt and Wyatt in issue 6 of the current run since he would deplete his powers.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know.
    I'm just assuming based off of the prev-pages.

Still...If they wanted to "win" Franklin over to Krakoa...there are better, more respectful ways of doing so...than sending in the heavy-hitters. (I do think Scott came off as an ass, in HoX 01 when he first confronted the F4...that attitude was a bit uncalled for).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

the x-men have been respectful. the Fantastic Four are dismissive per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Kid Franklin would care for mutants since he did stick his neck out for mutants during "Mutant Massacre."

Teen Franklin is a different story. He cares only for power. It's why he refused to save his new aunt and Wyatt in issue 6 of the current run since he would deplete his powers.
    I think that's just the teen angsty-ness. We saw he still has a soft spot for Kate from that one preview page we saw. It seems like Franklin always wanted to know more about the plight of mutants but never could because he was always stuck with the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Still...If they wanted to "win" Franklin over to Krakoa...there are better, more respectful ways of doing so...than sending in the heavy-hitters. (I do think Scott came off as an ass, in HoX 01 when he first confronted the F4...that attitude was a bit uncalled for).
    Their "heavy hitters"? Cyclops came off arrogant but nothing he said would warrant anything more serious than a parental scowl. All he said was there was family waiting for him on Krakoa. You can only be so angry at the truth.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The implied statement there was that his true mutant family were waiting for him. Which is totally assinine.
    Either way...Kate used the word "recruit" so maybe they do legitimately need his power for something specific and important and things probably got out of hand (as these things tend to do) because Scott was such a dick to the F4 in the first place.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

they took Artie and Leech. it's only fair that they come for Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they took Artie and Leech. it's only fair that they come for Franklin.
    At least they were safer with FF

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    At least they were safer with FF
    Emma should kick Leech again when she sees him.

BANNED

Franklin has that spoiled-suburban-white-kid-who-curses-at-his-parents-when-they-ask-him-to-do-the-dishes energy. He’ll ruin the Krakoan vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Franklin has that spoiled-suburban-white-kid-who-curses-at-his-parents-when-they-ask-him-to-do-the-dishes energy. He’ll ruin the Krakoan vibe.
    no fun at the all night orgies

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Emma should kick Leech again when she sees him.
    half of me says yas queen curbstomp him, just for the gag of it all
    the other half is saying poor baby

Getting mighty Völkisch there, X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Translation: he's a teenager.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think that's just the teen angsty-ness. We saw he still has a soft spot for Kate from that one preview page we saw. It seems like Franklin always wanted to know more about the plight of mutants but never could because he was always stuck with the FF.
    I don't buy this at all. In those preview pages, he walks out of a scanner once more, pissed that his powers won't return based off the visuals and the precedent set by the current run. I see it more as Franklin leaves for Krakoa for a way to get more power only to be absorbed into the mutant culture and craze.

I still hold that he prioritizes power over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He's a robot programed to sound and act like the hoo-man.

Maybe it's the environment at my place of work, but college freshmen I teach don't act anything like him. If anything, they act more like his sister with more orgies.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 01-29-2020 at 03:28 PM.