Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Which describes how the characters feel about their home. Don't be a Trump lawyer.
    And you’re dissecting a part of my reply that wasn’t even what the debate was about. Did I or did I not say there was clearly a spiritual connectivity between Krakoans and Krakoanor are you gonna ignore the paragraph you also happened to quote in your response?

Don’t start stuff if you don’t know what’s going on.

I mean, nothing new under the sun. They've been treating it as something sacred since the beginning. Exodus even made it a law.

Why can't it be sacred for them, btw? It's bringing them together and The Five are resurrecting their friends and loved ones. They don't have to build a cult around it to perceive it as something "sacred" and to preserve at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean, nothing new under the sun. They've been treating it as something sacred since the beginning. Exodus even made it a law.

Why can't it be sacred for them, btw? It's bringing them together and The Five are resurrecting their friends and loved ones. They don't have to build a cult around it to perceive it as something "sacred" and to preserve at all costs.
    They be Dhalsim reaching to prove that the mutants are crazy cultists.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 02-01-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    They be Dhalsim reaching to prove that the mutants are crazy cultists.
    Doesn't it irritate you, though? The actual science v/genetics in X-Men was always a bit 'ehhh,' but under writers like Claremont, Morrison, Whedon, Ellis, and Carey, it strove to be science-fiction over fantasy. In recent years, perhaps starting with AvX, there's been this strain of religious fatalism suffused throughout the material that borders on unbearable, starting with all that Phoenix worshipping crap and now drifting into the five. Keep God out of California and Krakoa, plz.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    A disguised mother-in-law daughter-in-law dynamic perhaps?
    It would be... amusing if the X-Men's pitch backfires and Sue asks Kitty to join the FF instead.

What are the mutants without Krakoa, now? They are completely dependent of this tree, island: there is an almost complete identification…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    It would be... amusing if the X-Men's pitch backfires and Sue asks Kitty to join the FF instead.
    I read somewhere that Claremont actually wanted Kitty—no wait she goes by Kate now—to have a prominent role in his FF run when they and the Avengers returned to 616 after Heroes Reborn, sort of making her a supporting character, but that got shot down, hence Valeria von Doom as Marvel Girl.

But Sue saying that wouldn't be out of character. She's been a mother figure to the two young Atlantean heirs and Artie and Leech as well as Anya Corazon aka Araña. But with a much older Kate this time.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Love the design of this.

While the book is about Franklin, it seems like Sue and Kitty will be taking lead in the book. Which is interesting.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the X-Men looking bad for the sake of the FF. Both properties have their film rights back and Marvel is positioning them for big things because of it. It's counter-productive to portray either poorly.
    The X-Men won't look bad for the sake of the FF, they'll look bad for the sake of Brevoort's personal tastes.

After the "hey, you know who was just like Hitler? Cyclops!" thing, I'll always expect the worse whenever he's involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hm. I thought the discussion was about fiery planet destroying birds, not out-of-universe blips in comic recaps.
    It can be about more than one thing.

There absolutely a spirituality regarding the connection that mutants have with Krakoa. I mean, they’re literally able to resurrect themselves now. But is respect really on the same grounds as worship?
    When "respect" is prefaced with "spiritual", then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It can be about more than one thing.
    Neither are akin to the Inhumans. Finding solice in the very thing that gives you your power is one thing, but putting that above the lives of people then the comparison starts to fall apart (even if the words may be the same).

When "respect" is prefaced with "spiritual", then yes.
    Worship usually denotes unconditional love.

More unquestionable belief to behave in the only way possible.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I'm uninterested in another FF X-Men battle.

I am interested in seeing the X-Men take on the Fantastic Four villains.

Neither are akin to the Inhumans. Finding solice in the very thing that gives you your power is one thing, but putting that above the lives of people then the comparison starts to fall apart (even if the words may be the same).

Please Marvel turn Synapse into a mutant or make her have an appearance in the Cable book. I loved Emily.

Please Marvel turn Synapse into a mutant or make her have an appearance in the Cable book. I loved Emily.
    Step 1: retcon Synapse into being a mutant

Step 2: introduce Synapse as Cable’s tutor in the arts of telepathy and lie detection

Step 3: whenever Cable becomes a geriatric crouton again, bring up that her journey of rescuing and training Synapse was always connected

Step 4: launch a “Cable & Synapse” mini

BANNED

Remember when Synapse fought with the Inhumans in IvX