Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

I say to myself, I'm not gonna read early reviews. Five minutes later...read the reviews. I really need to stop lying to myself. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

That line in the preview that Xavier says "We've been content to let the be. To stay with his family." That bugs me so much. As if the decision was ultimately his, and he was doing the Richards a favor by letting them spend more time with their son.

The found family element is one of my favorite things about the X-men, but the notion that young mutants have to decouple themselves from their birth families in order to grow as people is shady as hell. Marvel: Stop making Professor X creepy. I realized recently that all my discomfort from the last few months stems from Xavier.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    spoilers:
    So, they are going to fight...Got Damn IT!! *sigh*
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You think "Hi we want to take your kid because basically you can't take care of him like we can" wasn't going to lead to fight ? There is no parent that is going to sit through someone saying something to that effect without their blood boiling.( I bet FF throws the first punch). A fight was inevitable but clearly book isn't like AvX, Civil War or IvX where it is just designed to make superheroes bash each other heads in. Cooler heads will prevail and they will end working together against a common enemy
    end of spoilers

Just finished reading this book,It is so so so so good. The only thing bad about this book is that it wasn't released at the beginning of DoX. It address some of the complaints about Krakoa in a reasonable way. It was all around good book the obvious complaint about book is that superhero genre is going to superhero genre but other than it was fine.

Fantastic Member

Did anybody else notice? Franklin called Kate Kitty and she didn't mind. Awwwwwww!

Without getting into spoiler territory Charles and Erik have been coming off as arrogant assholes ever since Krakoa became a thing and that clearly has not changed. Reed called it like it is they just had to wait 2 years for him to become an adult their clearly pushing an agenda. Franklin does not care about mutants but we already knew that his interest are for himself which is expected. I just thought the X-men cone off distasteful others might disagree but personally it's not a good look this issue didn't help the Krakoa is not a fascist cult debate.

And Ben made the most sensible obvious comment which everyone on Krakoa except for one has completely ignored up until this point.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-05-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Without getting into spoiler territory Charles and Erik have been coming off as arrogant assholes ever since Krakoa became a thing and that clearly has not changed. Reed called it like it is they just had to wait 2 years for him to become an adult their clearly pushing an agenda. Franklin does not care about mutants but we already knew that his interest are for himself which is expected. I just thought the X-men cone off distasteful others might disagree but personally it's not a good look this issue didn't help the Krakoa is not a fascist cult debate.

And Ben made the most sensible obvious comment which everyone on Krakoa except for one has completely ignored up until this point.
    Mag and Xavier have agenda but they don't come off any more distasteful than usual. I don't see where the fascist cult thing would come in they(mutants leaders) have always been pretty singularly focus on the betterment mutants even at cost times of the bigger picture and this is just example of that. Either way FF didn't come away completely blemish free and it took me awhile to remember that Reed and Xavier were Illuminati bros so it is not surprising Reed had a mini moment with what he did,yeah he is that dude still. Overall the book was pretty balance views I think there was reasonable opinions everywhere honestly.

Fantastic Member

Wasn't it really dumb to bring Wolverine and Magneto on a peace mission?

All I'll say for now is that I really enjoyed the book and Zdarsky should have been the one writing the main Fantastic Four book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Mag and Xavier have agenda but they don't come off any more distasteful than usual. I don't see where the fascist cult thing would come in they(mutants leaders) have always been pretty singularly focus on the betterment mutants even at cost times of the bigger picture and this is just example of that. Either way FF didn't come away completely blemish free and it took me awhile to remember that Reed and Xavier were Illuminati bros so it is not surprising Reed had a mini moment with what he did,yeah he is that dude still. Overall the book was pretty balance views I think there was reasonable opinions everywhere honestly.
    Reed and Sue came off like parents to me Sue reacted how any mother would if an Ex Terrorist came into their home uninvited preaching supremacy and claiming their son is better off without them and is already better than them due to a gene. Reed although very controlling still came off as a parent and he was making a lot of sense. Whatever points the X-Men were trying to make got completely burried under all the shade and bragging about their the next step in human evolution, eventhough Charles and Erik both know that's not really the case and according to POX/HOX are one bad day away from getting wiped out by technology. Their approach was just trash but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-05-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Kate is the big sister Franklin always deserved.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

lFranklin does not care about mutants but we already knew that his interest are for himself which is expected.
    You keep saying that. And it’s not true.

Reed and Sue came off like parents to me Sue reacted how any mother would if an Ex Terrorist came into their home uninvited preaching supremacy and claiming their son is better off without them and is already better than them due to a gene. Reed although very controlling still came off as a parent and he was making a lot of sense. Whatever points the X-Men were trying to make got completely burried under all the shade and bragging about their the next step in human evolution, eventhough Charles and Erik both know that's not really the case and according to POX/HOX are one bad day away from getting wiped out by technology. Their approach was just trash but that's just my opinion.
    No Magneto came off like Magneto, And most of the other X-men can off as sincere except for Xavier who was dancing the line in sinister territory. Reed and Sue were fine that is how parents are suppose to act. And Reed once again shows how he ends up in stuff like Illuminati or building clone Thors in Civil Wars. He was not wrong but just like Xavier and Magneto with mutants, Reed can be pretty singularly focus on the betterment of thing is working on or protecting of his family even at cost times of the bigger picture.

It is hard to take this story seriously too when it could be solved X-men by giving Reed a Krakoa gate Plant to put inside his house(Cyclops gave one to his dad) and allowing Reed and Sue have tour of Krakoa(specifically Akademos) with Franklin. There is no logical reason Franklin needs "to live" on Krakoa and there is logically no reason why Richards wouldn't let Franklin have easy access go back and forth to Krakoa when they let bunch of minors with one barely adult and Dragon man roam around the multiverse but anyways I end for now, I don't want to spoil anything for anybody I will wait until spoiler thread to talk about it more.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-05-2020 at 03:16 AM.

BANNED

giving any krakoan anything to reed is a terrible idea, you are basicaly securing your own downfall the moment the avengers turn on krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    giving any krakoan anything to reed is a terrible idea, you are basicaly securing your own downfall the moment the avengers turn on krakoa
    Krakoa gates are sitting all over the world it is not like he does not already have access to it.