Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier is still Xavier. He says it at the meeting in Davos, he would like there to be a peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants together in harmony. But right now he feels that it is an unattainable ideal and that Krakoa is what is necessary.

He is not angry with humans, only disappointed.
    Oh, I agree. 100%
    The same way Namor is disappointed in Xavier for not acting/being superior enough.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Xavier is still Xavier. He says it at the meeting in Davos, he would like there to be a peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants together in harmony. But right now he feels that it is an unattainable ideal and that Krakoa is what is necessary.

Honestly, this is the most *human* I've seen him, in that he's come to the painful realization that his dream *was not working,* and he has, stepped back a bit to give this experiment a choice, while keeping enough of a hand on the wheel to keep it from turning into something dark... (As I think he rightly is wary of what a Krakoa formed entirely by folks like Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister, Mystique, etc. would turn out like.)

It takes a boatload of character to step back from the dreams of a lifetime and say, 'okay, let's give *your* plan a shot.'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Honestly, this is the most *human* I've seen him, in that he's come to the painful realization that his dream *was not working,* and he has, stepped back a bit to give this experiment a choice, while keeping enough of a hand on the wheel to keep it from turning into something dark... (As I think he rightly is wary of what a Krakoa formed entirely by folks like Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister, Mystique, etc. would turn out like.)

It takes a boatload of character to step back from the dreams of a lifetime and say, 'okay, let's give *your* plan a shot.'
    Exac-fekkin-tatiously!

A dream may stay the same but the methodology by which that dream is eventually realised may change over the course of one's lifetime (or as in this case, lifetimes.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

painting all "flatscans" as mutant haters is kinda ironic. Sure there are quite a few, but it's never been shown as being actually a shared point of view. It's more like the classic handful of bad apples in a bushel.

You really saw him showing that much emotion?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You really saw him showing that much emotion?
    screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

I think Glio summarized it rly well . Sorry for 2 posts in a row

Indeed, Moira's past lives serve as a meta-commentary on the cyclical nature of mutants and failure. After the mission in the Mother Mold in which his students all end up dead, Xavier breaks down in tears. He is fucking ... sick of so much death.

No matter what mutants try, humans never stop killing them, over and over again. Xavier is a broken man with a dream that has failed again and again. This causes a change in methods, as he says in his message to humanity, what would have been a gift before will now be paid for. He continues to love humanity, but right now it is humans who have to take a step, not mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    painting all "flatscans" as mutant haters is kinda ironic. Sure there are quite a few, but it's never been shown as being actually a shared point of view. It's more like the classic handful of bad apples in a bushel.
    But there did he do that? This is more or less a follow-up to all the "let's kill mutants" stories since God love, Men kills at least.

Indeed, Moira's past lives serve as a meta-commentary on the cyclical nature of mutants and failure. After the mission in the Mother Mold in which his students all end up dead, Xavier breaks down in tears. He is fucking ... sick of so much death.

No matter what mutants try, humans never stop killing them, over and over again. Xavier is a broken man with a dream that has failed again and again. This causes a change in methods, as he says in his message to humanity, what would have been a gift before will now be paid for. He continues to love humanity, but right now it is humans who have to take a step, not mutants.
    For me, writing Xavier as over-emotional is as out-of-character as writing him cold. As a telepath he doesn't ignore how people's minds work. He cannot be that taken aback by their behaviour (expect when it's about his personal life).
    So the 'brainwashing by Moira' (who is the telepath?)… well, Hickman can write what he wants but I don't buy it.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

For me, writing Xavier as over-emotional is as out-of-character as writing him cold. As a telepath he doesn't ignore how people's minds work. He cannot be that taken aback by their behaviour (expect when it's about his personal life).
    So the 'brainwashing by Moira' (who is the telepath?)… well, Hickman can write what he wants but I don't buy it.
    What do you mean? He can't be shocked by witnessing thousands of years of trauma and mutants dying? He's not omniscient. And he can't be sad because he is a telepath?

Maybe it's like that Three 6 Mafia song and the..." 'Kitty' got him whipped"?
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Xavier is not brainwashed by Moira, Moira has convinced Xavier by arguing with him sooo many times.

Astonishing Member

Xavier is not brainwashed by Moira, Moira has convinced Xavier by arguing with him sooo many times.
    We don't know the details of how she did that, it's all conjecture right now. And she didn't convince him, she "broke" him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We don't know the details of how she did that, it's all conjecture right now. And she didn't convince him, she "broke" him.
    Yes, she broke his dream. You can do that by perfectly mundane methods. Xavier has already seen in other lives how his dream failed and in this same one he has also seen how it led nowhere. Does it seem so strange to you that someone gives up something they have seen that doesn't work?