Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Frankly, it's puzzling why you think it's verboten to analyse the politics of Krakoa and that people in the real world don't react like this to politics in their own countries. You can't refute what I'm saying so try to deny it. You'd have me believe that when the X-men lived in the mansion they wouldn't have any opinions on anything the government does outside mutant issues or the X-villains wouldn't have opinions on politics like abortion or gay marriage.

Edit: As far as I know neither of those things are legal in Krakoa.
    Plenty of people on here have refuted it; you just wont listen. Thats okay, but again like I said, you are the only one that has a problem with that. That's your issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    What of Xavier's cream.
    He's a half-soy half-almond kinda guy
    GrindrStone(D)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What of Xavier's cream.
    o--A--o 's is thicker, richer and creamier...the pure stuff.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

What of Xavier's cream.
    you know what, not enough people are asking the real questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    o--A--o 's is thicker, richer and creamier...the pure stuff.
    and thick daddy Apoc is always the answer
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Plenty of people on here have refuted it; you just wont listen. Thats okay, but again like I said, you are the only one that has a problem with that. That's your issue
    I've listened plenty, their logic is faulty. They like the status quo and won't question it. They think mutants are inherently fascist, I don't buy it. Don't use peer pressure as a measurement for an argument being right. Of course I have a problem with it. Anything other then a surface read is brushed over, it ruins the mood they want. As much as they want it to be true their fanon is not canon.

I've listened plenty, their logic is faulty. They like the status quo and won't question it. They think mutants are inherently fascist, I don't buy it. Don't use peer pressure as a measurement for an argument being right. Of course I have a problem with it. Anything other then a surface read is brushed over, it ruins the mood they want. As much as they want it to be true their fanon is not canon.
    but until they show us that there is a population on Krakoa that has an issue with how the QC is set up, then what you say isnt canon either. Like I have major issues with how no one has a problem with the privacy concerns that go along with the resurrection protocols and Xavier backing up all memories. However thats my own personal issue and I cant claim that as canon as a major problem in universe bc thats not the story thats been told at all

Astonishing Member

but until they show us that there is a population on Krakoa that has an issue with how the QC is set up, then what you say isnt canon either. Like I have major issues with how no one has a problem with the privacy concerns that go along with the resurrection protocols and Xavier backing up all memories. However thats my own personal issue and I cant claim that as canon as a major problem in universe bc thats not the story thats been told at all
    This is the bathroom issue, it's not based on logic. Mutants are people. That's you noticing plot holes in the setting, that's not a "personal issue." Calling it that makes you doubt your own opinions because they aren't the same as the group. All media doesn't show every thing the characters do, or what every political opinion they hold, it's impossible for stories to do this that's why it's not bought up until the writer wants it too. Just because something is blank isn't a reason to not be flexible with how characters view things. Are there mutants who don't like voting? Sure, there has to be, but there would be just as many who'd disagree. If we used their views on characters you'd assume wrongly that people in the real world from America and the UK don't vote and are ok with dictators. I also bought up how if what they said it was true would have other implications, too. They don't want to question things that they are with.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

And even in the real world, you also see many minorities getting together with whites, Native Americans, Japanese people, etc. in the cause of wanting to make the world a better place for everyone as respected equals in defiance of corruption, which I think contrasts with the mutants effectively mostly secluding themselves as cold, militaristic-esque godly inheritors of the Earth and economically and medically dominating the world in which they’ll eventually “evolve” the humans out.

This is the bathroom issue, it's not based on logic. Mutants are people. That's you noticing plot holes in the setting, that's not a "personal issue." Calling it that makes you doubt your own opinions because they aren't the same as the group. All media doesn't show every thing the characters do, or what every political opinion they hold, it's impossible for stories to do this that's why it's not bought up until the writer wants it too. Just because something is blank isn't a reason to not be flexible with how characters view things. Are there mutants who don't like voting? Sure, there has to be, but there would be just as many who'd disagree. If we used their views on characters you'd assume wrongly that people in the real world from America and the UK don't vote and are ok with dictators. I also bought up how if what they said it was true would have other implications, too. They don't want to question things that they are with.
    It's illogical to assume there's conflict and discension in the absence of it.
    Basically most of your arguments are marks your beliefs that there are unknown Unknows; things we don't know that we don't know.
    Let Gin Rummy from the animated show the Boondocks explain...
    Gin Rummy:
    I always say the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
    Riley:
    What?
    Gin Rummy:
    Simply because you don't have evidence that something does exist does not mean you have evidence of something that doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And even in the real world, you also see many minorities getting together with whites, Native Americans, Japanese people, etc. in the cause of wanting to make the world a better place for everyone as respected equals in defiance of corruption, which I think contrasts with the mutants effectively mostly secluding themselves as cold, militaristic-esque godly inheritors of the Earth and economically and medically dominating the world in which they’ll eventually “evolve” the humans out.
    The meetings and gatherings of marginalized people aren't an open invitation for outsiders and shouldn't be seen as scary or less important in facilitating the progress a of common well being for all
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yeah, taking an "us vs them" mentality can make things worse. Different kinds of people are all still people. It's a thing people forget rather often IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, taking an "us vs them" mentality can make things worse. Different kinds of people are all still people. It's a thing people forget rather often IRL.
    The only "us vs Them" mentality I've seen comes from posters wishful thinking (I guess)
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    The only "us vs Them" mentality I've seen comes from posters wishful thinking (I guess)
    So you don't take in account the way Xavier and co are patronizing humans… like they are morally superior because they have powers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    So you don't take in account the way Xavier and co are patronizing humans… like they are morally superior because they have powers.
    Xavier does not feel superior to humans because he has powers.

He feels superior to humans because he has seen that for seven lives humans have always decided to exterminate mutants.

It is difficult not to feel a certain moral superiority in this regard.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier does not feel superior to humans because he has powers.

He feels superior to humans because he has seen that for seven lives humans have always decided to exterminate mutants.

It is difficult not to feel a certain moral superiority in this regard.
    Namor certainly doesn't think that Xavier is superior enough...and even chastises him for not thinking so.
    That's why he vehemently turned down the offer to be a part of Krakoa: Mutant Nation
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Namor certainly doesn't think that Xavier is superior enough...and even chastises him for not thinking so.
    That's why he vehemently turned down the offer to be a part of Krakoa: Mutant Nation
    Xavier is still Xavier. He says it at the meeting in Davos, he would like there to be a peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants together in harmony. But right now he feels that it is an unattainable ideal and that Krakoa is what is necessary.

He is not angry with humans, only disappointed.