Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While there may be one or three who may have an issue with the QC being in charge and specifically Xavier, Erik and A, as acting "Heads of State" (which we haven't seen in-story, but it's not improbable)...I do believe the majority of mutants X-Men, New Mutants and the affiliated groups/teams are quite okies with the set up, thus far.

The X-Men teams are out and about doing X-men stuffs.
    The Younger Mutants are out and about doing Young Mutants stuffs.
    The "Problematic" Mutants are out and about working off some angst and misery.
    The New Mutants having recently arrived on Island are busy acclimating to their new life.

No one is concerned about "Who will be nominated" in the next general elections. Or even about "How it will happen" or "When it will happen".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While there may be one or three who may have an issue with the QC being in charge and specifically Xavier, Erik and A, as acting "Heads of State" (which we haven't seen in-story, but it's not improbable)...I do believe the majority of mutants X-Men, New Mutants and the affiliated groups/teams are quite okies with the set up, thus far.

The New Mutants having recently arrived on Island are busy acclimating to their new life.

No one is concerned about "Who will be nominated" in the next general elections. Or even about "How it will happen" or "When it will happen".
    Quite frankly, so far the citizens of Krakoa have been living pretty awesome lives. There arent any real issues like we have in the real world which would cause divides, politic parties or the need for an election. Things we deal with like how money is allocated in terms of education, fixing roads, taxes for example a are a nonissue. We dont know if there are traditional jobs on Krakoa and the associated issues with workplace discrimination and equal pay. Thats another nonissue. Stuff like abortion, LGBTQ rights again are nonissues. What platforms would candidates even stand by when campaigning? Significant differences worth fighting for really happen when a population is large enough to have a minority group with conflicting interests and Krakoa's population is still relatively small

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.

All the speculation about Democratic Elections and such is all rhetorical stuff and nonsense.

"Nobody aint got time fuh dat".

Nobody on Krakoa....literally.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    A constructive criticism…

I wonder where this hostility for elections comes from.
    BroHomo is clearly a radical right-wing Tea Party Republican. Isn’t it obvious?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    BroHomo is clearly a radical right-wing Tea Party Republican. Isn’t it obvious?
    I've been inside so many (emotionally)due to Fraternity Functions that you are not wrong.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If there are only that number of people having questions about Krakoa's government there's bigger problems afoot than not having democracy. This isn't a group of ten or twenty people, this is a nation of thousands. There should be vastly more political tension between the groups at any given time, since they're human and humans aren't robots.

There's being ok and being a blindly obedient lackey.

The Quiet Council are the defacto heads of state of Krakoa, everyone answers to them. At the top of the QC is Xavier. They may have no official hierarchy but it's obvious who has more sway in how it acts - and it fits works like a military junta. And like genosha, they put themselves at the head of the government. Think about it, currently what's stopping Lorna from being in the QC if she were to try and get on there?

Those are all people with opinions on politics, and we don't see every second of day or what those opinions are on everything. They should be thinking all sorts of political opinions, but what they should definitely be thinking about is about Krkaoa the nation and its culture. Those groups aren't super-heroes like they are, they're all government agents. How many government employees do you know who have opinions they dislike about the government they serve?

Mass murderers, people who commit genocide, serial killers and terrorists only merit being called "problematic"?

We haven't seen then go to the bathroom, do you assume they don't go to the bathroom, as well? Like any media comics don't have to show us everything, things occur outside the pages that were shown. They don't stop doing things when we don't see them. The fact it ins't a problem now doesn't mean it can't be a problem later, and remember Hickman is writing this more realistically so people are going to scrutinise the politics more then when they at the mansion. And given that thousands of them are from nations with democracy why wouldn't many of them want a democracy? Being a mutant isn't being inherently politically inclined to be fascist.

But let's say you're right, what does this development tell us about the citizen of Krakao? It tells us that they no longer think like people, and might be compromised by the Dominion.

Quite honestly, the only one making this an issue is you. Its largely a nonissue

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quite honestly, the only one making this an issue is you. Its largely a nonissue
    Frankly, it's puzzling why you think it's verboten to analyse the politics of Krakoa and that people in the real world don't react like this to politics in their own countries. You can't refute what I'm saying so try to deny it. You'd have me believe that when the X-men lived in the mansion they wouldn't have any opinions on anything the government does outside mutant issues or the X-villains wouldn't have opinions on politics like abortion or gay marriage.

Edit: As far as I know neither of those things are legal in Krakoa.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-25-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Live on the same planet doesn't mean living together, and I don't see that harmony
    Hmm ,what point are you making by saying living on the same planet doesn't mean living together?...like living in the same city doesn't mean you have to move in with your girlfriend ..fine but planet -we need a bit of realism here.Being on one planet is living together ,whether that means harmoniously is a different matter

Astonishing Member

Quite frankly, so far the citizens of Krakoa have been living pretty awesome lives. There arent any real issues like we have in the real world which would cause divides, politic parties or the need for an election. Things we deal with like how money is allocated in terms of education, fixing roads, taxes for example a are a nonissue. We dont know if there are traditional jobs on Krakoa and the associated issues with workplace discrimination and equal pay. Thats another nonissue. Stuff like abortion, LGBTQ rights again are nonissues. What platforms would candidates even stand by when campaigning? Significant differences worth fighting for really happen when a population is large enough to have a minority group with conflicting interests and Krakoa's population is still relatively small
    True to a point ,what I see is a larger existentialist conflict that is festering in Nightcrawler,but it may grow because for example we can't assume every single mutant is hateful or indifferent towards their human parents,so they are out there living in the world ,while they age and die,you get to see your nephews/nieces or grand nephews or g.nieces grow old and die while you are rendered immortal.That could mess with anyone,especially if due to some glitch you are fast tracked for resurrection while you 'died' on a space mission,you get back through a Krakoan gate and then see yourself walking around.What do you get coursing through your mind? Kill him, 'Im the real me'...knowing this is your fifth resurrection? It's not that simple to reduce it to no elections cool.Like I get the 'hooray we have a nation' appeal,but this kind of simplistic view I think is intentional to gloss over the profound changes one goes through being Krakoan
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-26-2020 at 12:47 AM.

I mean really...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Frankly, it's puzzling why you think it's verboten to analyse the politics of Krakoa and that people in the real world don't react like this to politics in their own countries. You can't refute what I'm saying so try to deny it. You'd have me believe that when the X-men lived in the mansion they wouldn't have any opinions on anything the government does outside mutant issues or the X-villains wouldn't have opinions on politics like abortion or gay marriage.

Do you really expect them to give us the whole Civil Code and Constitution in a comicbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Do you really expect them to give us the whole Civil Code and Constitution in a comicbook?
    No, because he then could not invent his headcanon with any omission.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

their not even illegal tho lol
    Good Effort tho
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

What of Xavier's cream.