Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What if Flash Forward ends with Linda Park regaining her memories with Wally ?

Here me out Original Wally West Fans: What if the current Flash Forward mini-series ends with Linda Park regaining her former memories of her marriage to Wally West ?

As fans of the original Wally West: Just how would you feel about that twist ending ?

And then Wally will tell her about "HiC" and she'll be so horrified at what he did that she'll leave him.

I hope so. Wally and Linda belong together.

Astonishing Member

It’s almost certainly going to be put back into the timeline after Scott Snyder’s upcoming Crisis story anyway.

BANNED

Lol so after racing all through the Multiverse his race ends upon reaching Linda. That would be a nice outcome reminiscent of the John's arc where she leaves him due to the mind wipe in Ignition and he is frantically searching for her beating Clark in races, employing detectives to find her like Dick and through him Oracle but she returns during identity crisis of her own volition when all the superhumans fail to find her.

So essentially you are asking, "What if Dan Didio finally leaves Wally West alone?"
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It would be nice to see happen.

/deleted 10char
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think Flash Forward is going to half-ass its shameless pandering to disgruntled Wally West fans. It's going to deliver as much fan service as possible. The kids will be back. Linda will be back. Wally will be redeemed and exonerated. The events of Heroes in Crisis will be retained, but everything that fans were upset about will be hand-waved away.

I think it's pretty clear DC editorial knew they $#!* the bed with Heroes in Crisis and Wally West in particular, and they're going to go out of their way to give everyone exactly what they want, short of making Wally West the primary Flash of the DCU again.

Granted, I've been wrong before...

It just might. I don't know where Wally will stand in regards to the 5G replacement movement, but they could very well end up giving him a sort of happy ending by having Linda regain her memories and their children return, and then he settles down while the new generation takes over.

Y'know, until it crashes and burns and DC realizes 5G was the stupidest idea they've ever had.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think Flash Forward is going to half-ass its shameless pandering to disgruntled Wally West fans. It's going to deliver as much fan service as possible. The kids will be back. Linda will be back. Wally will be redeemed and exonerated. The events of Heroes in Crisis will be retained, but everything that fans were upset about will be hand-waved away.

I think it's pretty clear DC editorial knew they $#!* the bed with Heroes in Crisis and Wally West in particular, and they're going to go out of their way to give everyone exactly what they want, short of making Wally West the primary Flash of the DCU again.

Granted, I've been wrong before...
    lil bit of pandering right before they kill him off in the crisis next year.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    lil bit of pandering right before they kill him off in the crisis next year.
    If Heroes in Crisis had been a big success, I would agree with you, but since we're getting the "Sorry we screwed up, please don't hate us" apology tour that is Flash Forward instead, I think it's more likely Wally West will be given a happy ending with Linda & the kids then shipped off to the same Multiveral limbo that Morrison's jeans & t-shirt Superman is currently running around in.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If Heroes in Crisis had been a big success, I would agree with you, but since we're getting the "Sorry we screwed up, please don't hate us" apology tour that is Flash Forward instead, I think it's more likely Wally West will be given a happy ending with Linda & the kids then shipped off to the same Multiveral limbo that Morrison's jeans & t-shirt Superman is currently running around in.
    I personally, have been theorising these two will meet and maybe even get a book together. It's better than monotonous superman/batman thing, which is done to death now. Superman and batman need to find new people to bromance.give me something new, like the adventures of guy gardner and clark kent or something .number one a-hole meets nicest guy.

I don't care about Linda Park status quo anymore. Wally has come across as an obsessive creep. If it was up to me, I would give them a clean cut. Things got ugly enough.

But it's not up to me so they will probably give Wally a happy ending and then retire him.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I don't care about Linda Park status quo anymore. Wally has come across as an obsessive creep. If it was up to me, I would give them a clean cut. Things got ugly enough.

But it's not up to me so they will probably give Wally a happy ending and then retire him.
    How is he being a creep? That is his wife and mother of kids that forgot her. Even then, wally basically decided to let it go and move on. The kids though that's not something a parent can let go that easily.