Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spiderman, Luke Cage & Wolverine vs. Thing

Can Ben Grimm defeat this trio? All 616. Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Spider-man is quick enough to avoid Ben's blows long enough to get close and web up his face, just long enough for Luke to throw Wolverine at Ben with a fastball special. Wolverine already has a feat for carving up Ben's face, so he might be able to stab Ben in the heart for the kill.

On the other hand, Ben may have enough time to handclap Spider-man before he gets close. That won't put Spidey down, but might delay him a bit. One solid hit against Wolverine's head should put him out for a while, and Ben easily wins a one-on-one fight against Luke. But I just don't see Ben putting down Cage before Spider-man gets back in the fight. The two of them should be able to keep Ben busy until Wolverine recovers enough to backstab a preoccupied Ben.

Ben could probably space toss all of them. Even if it's one at a time. Even if he can't catch Peter if the other two are out of the picture, sooner or later Peter will tire out. I'd say he should punt Logan into space then beat the crap out of Cage and them spam thunderclaps to stun Spiderman.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The webs have given Thing trouble in the past. We disregard that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It seems like an outlier to me. I don't see the webbing holding class 80-90 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    A single web should get torn up pretty effortlessly. I could maybe see multiple layers of web spam providing an inconvenience though.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    A single web should get torn up pretty effortlessly. I could maybe see multiple layers of web spam providing an inconvenience though.
    Inconvenience maybe, but nothing that would change the outcome of this fight either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Inconvenience maybe, but nothing that would change the outcome of this fight either way.
    Mileage may vary! Shellhead seems to think its doable.
    - big_adventure

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Well, they're certainly not going to be binding Ben, but if used like Shellhead suggests, Ben's still going to have a heck of a time getting them off his face. Being able to tear the webs just leaves half the webs on his face and half stuck to his hands.

Speaking of which, do you think Spidey giving Ben giant webbing boxing gloves would be enough to cushion away attempted thunderclaps?

BANNED

What Wolverine can do is stab his eyes when they are blinded by webbing making it permanent and maybe ensuring that the pain keeps him incapacitated enough to deliver the coup de grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    What Wolverine can do is stab his eyes when they are blinded by webbing making it permanent and maybe ensuring that the pain keeps him incapacitated enough to deliver the coup de grace.
    What coup de grace?

You still have the issue that they can’t put him down and, if they get up close to try, even blinded he can grasp out wildly and if he catches one of them he beats them silly.

Plus thunderclaps will still work on two of them regardless of blindness.

BANNED

Stab to the heart and fastball special scenario suggested by Shellhead. Though Wolverine does have stealth feats and may be able to reach him avoiding the thunderclaps regardless.

Most of Spider-man's stronger rogues tend to tear through his webbing. To be fair, I guess they're way faster than Ben and don't stand around to be extensively webbed up.

Hasn't Spiderman webbed up Ironman as well?

I don't think the question is can Spidey web up Ben. It's can said webbing give Wolverine enough of an opening to deal a lethal wound to Ben.

Webbing won't be enough to stop Ben from thunder clapping. That will at the very least stun Wolverine and possibly Spiderman, and push back Cage. That would give Ben enough time to gran Wolverine and toss him out of the Arena. After that, he can pound on Cage until he falls down and Spiderman won't be much help. Alternatively, he can keep on spamming thunder claps until he can grab Spidey.