Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm just saying it would give us reason to root for the X-Men when they stop someone from killing all the humans on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I personally don't read X-Men for humans.
    But that isn't what this means,A graph in I believe that is HoX 4 or 5 that shows countries that voted against Krakoa. Or in Marauders 1 where they spend about 2 panels explaining that North Vainon and Brazil are doing stuff against mutants.

If you can take time a page or two to set up that some humans hate mutants. You can do the opposite in books as well.Nobody is asking for intense focus on pro mutants humans but those couple panel stuff against mutants can be use show that all humans doesn't dislike mutants as well.

For example in X-men Red. Wakanda and Atlantis were on the X-men side I mean there were personal reasons behind of that but it showed the X-men had allies. In basically the same set up under Hickman Wakanda is deem as possibly enemy and Namor and Atlantis is helping at the moment. Just couple of panels establish completely different feel.

I am beginning to want to see the government sanction X-factor or UN sanctioned XSE because at least that shows that official government or world entities don't hate mutants. I am hoping this run ends with X-men saving the world and some humans see mutants as positive. the extinction stories and xtreme hate stories can take break for awhile.Give me 5 years of X-men as generic world saving superheroes for awhile.

BANNED

Yeah, what about the X-Men groupies canceling anti-mutant bigots on twitter? They deserve a few panels.

It shouldn't be the focus, but maybe a few panels, and maybe a side character or two (Moira filled this role before her death and reveal). It's not unreasonable and doesn't take away from the stories.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I am beginning to want to see the government sanction X-factor or UN sanctioned XSE because at least that shows that official government or world entities don't hate mutants. I am hoping this run ends with X-men saving the world and some humans see mutants as positive. the extinction stories and xtreme hate stories can take break for awhile.Give me 5 years of X-men as generic world saving superheroes for awhile.
    I would keep the "X" out of the name as that is traditionally X-Men related. But a government sanctioned team that includes some mutants..or a new human piloted man sized Sentinel program instead of 20+foot tall robots that is about super human enforcement not mutant genocide.

Definitely. But they shouldn't be a central focus of any plotline. Claremont had the right idea with the X-Men having some human allies but they are just that. - Allies. The books are about the X-Men, and any human that gets on board and helps them should be that, just a helping hand, not a focus at all in the books that are specifically made for mutants.

I think it would be nice to see some of them in non-X books but that's probably dreaming.

I feel like people are missing the point. Obviously they shouldn't take spotlight time away from the X-Men, but having literally every human be a combination of a Nazi and a Klansman makes the book lose meaning.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Why can’t black movies be more focused on white saviours?
    See, that kind of thoughtless, reactionary reasoning is why quite a few actual black Americans find the X-Men's mutant metaphor so offensive, and are so sceptical of the politics of supposedly liberal X-readers. Mutants are not a real minority and their $4.99 per issue stories all too often appropriate actual historic human suffering to make tone deaf arguments about inclusion that do not stand up to logic. If someone refuses to let their kids go to school with people who are gay or of a different ethnicity or religion, that's obvious bigotry. If you refuse to let your kids go school with a kid who literally explodes when he sneezes, that's called being a good parent. And considering that X-Men books are historically about a majority white super team with one exceptional token black female, you should be careful who you call out on white saviorism.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Why can’t black movies be more focused on white saviours?
    When I tell you that this took me out... I hollered! Spot on, my friend. Most people (we know who) get in their feelings when the idea gets thrown around that all white people are racist. The same energy is nonexistent when its suggested that white people need to be seen using their privilege to level the playing field. But, then again, Munroe Bergdorf only lost her job for stating what should plain obvious.

BANNED

I can just imagine a pro mutant human roaming around carrying a You are doomed sign! on Genosha.

Yes, absolutely.

BANNED

I'll say it now but if you say we shouldn't have more pro-mutant humans show up you've effectively given up your right to complain the next time a mutant genocide happens.
    Because you're pretty much saying the only humans that should be around are the ones who do that, instead of people who would rally for mutant rights and support the X-Men.

BANNED

Yes, since that's probably what stops the X-Men from just razing the surface of Earth. If there aren't any redeemable humans, there's no logical reason for the mutants not to launch a full assault and take over Earth for real.

There has been. Corsair, Brian, they are both human and pro mutant. Don't need the books littered with it when that's not the story. we know good humans exist and have seen them so it's false to say the books now aren't showing good humans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There has been. Corsair, Brian, they are both human and pro mutant. Don't need the books littered with it when that's not the story. we know good humans exist and have seen them so it's false to say the books now aren't showing good humans.
    True, but I think OP meant more in terms of political sway?