Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

And i once again pose the question if the humans of the MU are now more in the main MU line. Why isn't there a book created by the other offices that shows the human reaction in the mu to krakoa. That doesn't interfer with Hickman story. Why isn't there a team of human kids who feel bad mutants had to leave and are on a mission to change the world one policiy at a time. If ALL the x-books had to deal with the cloud in the MU and adjust their stories why doesn't anyone expect or want the main offices to make ONE book dedicated to good humans reacting to the new status quo of a mutantless world. The loss of wonder, the missing of people flying around. It's not that hard. Instead people want hickman to alter his work.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It doesn't make sense.the story is about mutants building a nation. Once it's built and they move on to outreach, if that is the plan then it makes more sense. But in the early stages of creating a mutant nation and trying to get mutants there it does not make sense to just randomly insert the human perspective when again that's not what this leg of the story is about so now if it does become an issue these things have already been discussed and I'm sure many will simply just link and be like already discussed here you go. It's called putting the cart before the horse. It's just as jarring if all of a sudden humans are out there forging the war when mutants leave but we're no where to be seen when they were being gassed or in the last uncanny run which again proves when there are a lot of mutants humans cheer, maybe out of fear, I don't know. But as soon as those numbers get low there is a world wide effort to take them out and be done with it. So it's just as jarring for them to all of a sudden appear now when most the story hasn't even taken place in the mainland.
    Nobody's saying to just insert the humans into the current storyline. We're talking in terms of generally; should there be more pro-humans shown here and there? It doesn't have to be that black and white. And again; it's not a mutantless world. Not every mutant wanted to go to Krakoa; not every mutant will be born on Krakoa.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-26-2019 at 05:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Nobody's saying to just insert the humans into the current storyline. We're talking in terms of generally; should there be more pro-humans shown here and there? It doesn't have to be that black and white.
    And in any case, the story of mutants building a nation does involve humanity to a certain degree, so it's not as if it would be completely irrelevant!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Absolutely, we should. As start with all of those old close friends of the X-Men-- Stevie, Lee, Charlotte, etc.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Nobody's saying to just insert the humans into the current storyline. We're talking in terms of generally; should there be more pro-humans shown here and there? It doesn't have to be that black and white.
    But it is black an white. The only way to answer the question is to assume there aren't any pro mutant humans shown and that isn't the case. It may not have been shown in the form they want but it has been shown that humans are excited mutants have a place. So what exactly are people asking for?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

But it is black an white. The only way to answer the question is to assume there aren't any pro mutant humans shown and that isn't the case. It may not have been shown in the form they want but it has been shown that humans are excited mutants have a place. So what exactly are people asking for?
    The development of that. More fleshing out, a broader perspective beyond family members of the main cast. Mutants who want to stay with their human families, who don't want to migrate to Krakoa; what's the reasoning? That's what people are asking for; whether or not true integration is dead or not.

The development of that. More fleshing out, a broader perspective beyond family members of the main cast. Mutants who want to stay with their human families, who don't want to migrate to Krakoa; what's the reasoning? That's what people are asking for; whether or not true integration is dead or not.
    But again that is not what the story is about. Why would people be fleshing out and developing pro mutant humans in a book that is trying to show us why mutants need to create their own nation. It doesn't even make sense.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

But again that is not what the story is about. Why would people be fleshing out and developing pro mutant humans in a book that is trying to show us why mutants need to create their own nation. It doesn't even make sense.
    But it is in part, because you can't just have everyone blindly drop everything and move to Krakoa. There's families, like the Braddocks, who are close, there has to be a modicum of resistance in-narrative in order to better flesh out the overall nation-building.

But it is in part, because you can't just have everyone blindly drop everything and move to Krakoa. There's families, like the Braddocks, who are close, there has to be a modicum of resistance in-narrative in order to better flesh out the overall nation-building.
    And when someone wants to tell a story about that it will happen. Again cart before horse. We are one issue into a book showing mutants establishing their nation from the perspective of the mutants establishing there nation but hey, lets throw some rando human perspective. This is a story about Krakoa and the mutants of Krakoa and it's already been established via solicits that there is a team that goes to try to get mutants and not all will want to go. So again, what the problem? Or do people feel EVERY book needs a touch of human perspective? Cause i disagree with that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

And when someone wants to tell a story about that it will happen. Again cart before horse. We are one issue into a book showing mutants establishing their nation from the perspective of the mutants establishing there nation but hey, lets throw some rando human perspective. This is a story about Krakoa and the mutants of Krakoa and it's already been established via solicits that there is a team that goes to try to get mutants and not all will want to go. So again, what the problem? Or do people feel EVERY book needs a touch of human perspective? Cause i disagree with that.
    Again, I can't stress this enough: no one's saying to do it right now. This thread is meant to be hyperbole. You're right, not every book needs a human perspective; but mutants are still human so it's never gonna be completely divorced from it one way or the other.

Again, I can't stress this enough: no one's saying to do it right now. This thread is meant to be hyperbole. You're right, not every book needs a human perspective; but mutants are still human so it's never gonna be completely divorced from it one way or the other.
    Then why are so many of the same threads popping up now asking the same questions? So in a year from now or a few months when this topic has some actual merit because we have issues to go on, the topic would have already been exhausted but that's the last thing i'm going to say on it. Just my perspective. It's not that i don't think it could be a valid point but the point is being destroyed before it actually becomes an issue.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Then why are so many of the same threads popping up now asking the same questions? So in a year from now or a few months when this topic has some actual merit because we have issues to go on, the topic would have already been exhausted but that's the last thing i'm going to say on it. Just my perspective. It's not that i don't think it could be a valid point but the point is being destroyed before it actually becomes an issue.
    Because that's just what people on forums do; ask questions to gauge a response. People want to know others' thoughts, broader perspectives, sometimes it's reassuring to feel like you're not alone on an opinion and, considering that the status-quo change is still so new and drastically jarring, it makes sense that people need a way to reconcile it with previous works.

Because that's just what people on forums do; ask questions to gauge a response. People want to know others' thoughts, broader perspectives, sometimes it's reassuring to feel like you're not alone on an opinion and, considering that the status-quo change is still so new and drastically jarring, it makes sense that people need a way to reconcile it with previous works.
    And that part i get but and this is truly the last thing i'm going to post on this thread.

Where were all the posts asking about more pro humans during the dark times. During the mists and the genocides etc. It was more a defense on why they didn't appear but now there is a want for their perspective to be present. But that too is what people do on forums. And i'm out. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Why can’t black movies be more focused on white saviours?
    This made me giggle.

Look, of course there are pro-mutant humans. I think it goes without saying and needs no explanation. There are always brave souls fighting for civil rights and equality. We don't need precious time devoted to mutants and their struggles taken away to show things from the pro-mutant humans' perspectives since we as the audience are pro-mutant humans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This made me giggle.

Look, of course there are pro-mutant humans. I think it goes without saying and needs no explanation. There are always brave souls fighting for civil rights and equality. We don't need precious time devoted to mutants and their struggles taken away to show things from the pro-mutant humans' perspectives since we as the audience are pro-mutant humans.
    Definitely agree; precious time shouldn't be taken from our beloved mutants--but I don't think that even a brief acknowledgement of it in-narrative would hurt? It doesn't have to be a whole issue or arc dedicated to it, but it could offer a bit more nuance ya know?