Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I liked her look at that period, made her actually look more mature & let me by the young adoptive mom thing they eventually did. The black bodysuit with the pink accent lining in X-Men Vol. 4 #11 & 12 was probably my fav. Especially the more streamlined modern take on her glasses during the all female X-book run. While I hated that it was done to capitalize on the vampire hype at the time, I get it was done to find a way to bring her back into the books after the M-day mess & to have a teen/young adult/whoever old she's supposed to be vamp character to cash in on that craze. I did like that once she got better control of her hunger that those volumes showed she could still be a good team member & leader with the proper writer on the book.

Marvel trying to be down with the kids 'cus of Twilight. I'm still embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Marvel trying to be down with the kids 'cus of Twilight. I'm still embarrassed.
    Yeah, Great point. it was weird how she randomly became a vamp as Twilight, Vampire academy and vampire diaries were blowing up. they wanted to get down with the kids and YA crowd but they forgot what was driving this vampire stories. supernatural love triangles, Jubilee was not given one.

One good thing that came off was Jubilee was a mum rasing a baby, I thought that was nice as we don't see mutant mums raising babies, the only one I can remember well was Rogue from AOA and that was just creepy because of the Rogue/Magneto romance.

"Hated it", for the children.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

It was a cute little gimmick that went on far longer than it needed to be. Happy to be done with it.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I thought it was the dumbest thing ever, and categorized it with all the other "great" decisions made in the "10's". I'm all for progression and changes to a character but personally I hate when choices are made to characters that anyone can see with a telescope won't last long-term.