Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It was one of many times i tried to get back i to x men just to ne let down... the idea was good and had potential, but it didnt gi anywhere
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Amazing Member

It was terrible

I hated it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

She should have remained a vampire. She was interesting as a vampire. I'm bored senseless with her since she was "cured".

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The most memorable stories as the vampire was Liu's X-23 and probably Wood's X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

With Jubilee's primary color fashions sense. And her being a child of the Eighties, I honestly thought the vampire transition worked for her. Had a bit of a FRIGHT NIGHT, THE LOST BOYS vibe The reset to status quo, her plasma based fireworks projection powers. Looks like just some writers just didn't know what to do with her vampire mode. Although I disagree with vampires not having a place in the books. From Storm's and her teammates encounter with Dracula in X-MEN#159 and X-MEN ANNUAL#6. Villains like the bone marrow devouring Emplate. Or even Selene the Black Queen and her live draining, succubus ways. Not too mention the Necrosha event which homaged covers to various classic vampire films that Selene was the mastermind of. Well, what's done is done. Although, I was a wee bit disappointed that the recent Marvel Legends figure of Jubilee, with her switchable heads. Didn't include a second ,third one, in her vampire mode.

Remember that time Fonzie jumped that shark, ya that.

BANNED

Initial thought was 'thats gotta suck'. Turned out it does have to suck.

She became a vampire in the early 2010s? or late 2000s? Around the time, Twilight was a big phenomenon, vampire diaries and True Blood was on TV. Marvel tapped into the vampire craze.

Personally I don't like the idea of young Jubs as a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    She became a vampire in the early 2010s? or late 2000s? Around the time, Twilight was a big phenomenon, vampire diaries and True Blood was on TV. Marvel tapped into the vampire craze.

Personally I don't like the idea of young Jubs as a vampire.
    2010 was the year, and yes that was when Twilight and other YA vampire media was in full swing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

To me Jubilee became more interesting as a vampire, as she had now a darker side to her. Though they copuld have used more vampire tricks, like the mist and bat forms of a vampire to make her even greater.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    2010 was the year, and yes that was when Twilight and other YA vampire media was in full swing.
    definitely, it was about that Vampire era for films and TV. My problem with Jubs as a vamp was it did not just suit her character.

Marvel played around with the vampire concept. I remember this posters.

gambit-rogue-vampire.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    To me Jubilee became more interesting as a vampire, as she had now a darker side to her. Though they copuld have used more vampire tricks, like the mist and bat forms of a vampire to make her even greater.
    She did use mist form. Several times as a matter of fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I would have preferred her as something other than a vampire. I'll never understand why contemporary Marvel's grasp of supernatural creatures is limited to just werewolves, zombies and vampires. Why not make her a soul stealing wisp? Or on moonless nights, she turns into some kind of cockatrice with added powers of flight (due to wings), enhanced durability and strength, and the evil eye adjacent power of being able to paralyze or kill people with a glance? Or maybe turn her into a dark specter or phantasm? Phantasmal Jubilee could be fun.