Jubilee, as we know, was one of the mutants depowered after M-Day, but continued as a superhero even without her initial power set. First, she was part of the New Warriors called Wondra and used a super suit based on technology from the Wizard. Then, she became a vampire in the 2010 story Curse of the Mutants. This was a status quo that lasted a good eight years, until she was finally cured of her vampirism by Quire and regained her mutant powers at last.

Honestly, I think the idea is cooler than the execution. Jubilee as a vampire is something that could be a fun reinvention without straight-up giving her the old powers back, but in reality the reason they even did this was to help her appeal to the Twilight crowd. When Twilight faded out of popularity, her vampire set felt a bit dated, given that it was based on said fad. That, and she felt really out of place when she was with the other X-Men characters, her vampiric powers next to the other mutants made her stick out like a sore thumb. When she got her original powers back, it was for the best.

But I thought I'd ask you guys about it now that it's been a while. What did you guys think of vampire Jubilee?