Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It was a garbage story decision. Personally, I believe that someone at Marvel comics saw the (undeserved)popularity of Twilight and decided to turn Jubilee into a vampire to cash in on that fad.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

It sucked and didn't really go anywhere

Totally unnecessary.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

She's got a kickass power that I'd love to have seen explored instead. (Remember that time she blew up the Mandarin's entire manor house?)

If that storyline was to be explored, there are other mutants who I would have preferred as a (temporary?) vampire better. Kitty Pryde, for instance, has a powerset that partners neatly with the scrappier 'stronga, fasta, tougha' vampire powerset, and it would be, IMO, much more interesting to see how the transformation played out with someone of faith. It felt like a wasted storytelling opportunity, by comparison, for it to happen to Jubilee, who was all, 'Eh. Whatever. I guess this is me, now.' by comparison.

I loved it! I thought she looked really adorable as a vampire, and I liked her vampire powerset better than the fireworks by a huge margin. I was sad to see it go, and have completely lost interest in her now that she's human again.

Astonishing Member

I did not care for it.

It felt kind of random and like the writers were grasping at straws to give her a new power to keep her relevant. And the few times I did read her appearances during the vampire phase, it felt like they were playing it too fast and loose in terms of what a vampires strengths and weaknesses are.

Given all the various things that happened to Jubilee between the end of Generation X vol. 1 and Generation X vol. 2, I'm sure we could get a number of very different opinions on the things that have happened in Jubilee's life.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Wasn't a fan of the story line.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I kind of actually preferred the Vampilee era. It was handled with a surprising amount of sympathy across multiple books, Jubilee finally like grew into a different kind of character that felt cerebral and self aware. Her bratiness was still around but it made more sense because of her sensitivity about her situation. She got cooler powers than her own. And she was actually pretty good with them. I think it was aafer for her to get into those powers because she cared less about her physical body cuz she was dead whereas she was always afraid of blowing people up with her of og powerset. And frankly she has a really generic powerset anyhow. She can blow **** up. Zzzzz. Jubilee the Plucky Vampire from Beverly Hills is way more fun. She also was a good mom. Like, I can't see jubilee, if she still hadn't become a vampire, sitting still enough to take care of a kid. She's always out there, an orphan getting involved with heroics or something cuz it's 'her life' but like the X-men are her actual family, she's a vampire so she's looking at time differently, like she may outlive Shogo, but like she also has to show a restraint around him as well cuz- Vampire. She needed that.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I don't think the books did much with her vampire status until the book that undid it, Generation X by Strain. That book made Jubilee as a vampire quite interesting for me ... I was actually upset it went away (both her vamp status and the book itself)

It also did great job with Monet being fused with Emplate. It was such a quality book, the kind of offbeat side title that is worth reading but 90% of fans don't care about

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I kind of actually preferred the Vampilee era. It was handled with a surprising amount of sympathy across multiple books, Jubilee finally like grew into a different kind of character that felt cerebral and self aware. Her bratiness was still around but it made more sense because of her sensitivity about her situation. She got cooler powers than her own. And she was actually pretty good with them. I think it was aafer for her to get into those powers because she cared less about her physical body cuz she was dead whereas she was always afraid of blowing people up with her of og powerset. And frankly she has a really generic powerset anyhow. She can blow **** up. Zzzzz. Jubilee the Plucky Vampire from Beverly Hills is way more fun. She also was a good mom. Like, I can't see jubilee, if she still hadn't become a vampire, sitting still enough to take care of a kid. She's always out there, an orphan getting involved with heroics or something cuz it's 'her life' but like the X-men are her actual family, she's a vampire so she's looking at time differently, like she may outlive Shogo, but like she also has to show a restraint around him as well cuz- Vampire. She needed that.
    Really well said
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 10-27-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I liked it, but they didnt follow the story, they droped the ball. I know it was dark and many complained but why do it in the first place to backpedal later. The feelings jubes had for the son of Dracula or how she felt about being used by him never were explored.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    This, exactly. Vampire Jubilee was an entertaining and even surprisingly deep Jubilee. Human Jubilee is just a bland generic side-kick character.

Fantastic Member

Hated it. In fact the powerset of Jubilee in general is something ive alwats hated though she was supposed to be very powerful she's only portrayed as doing fireworks. Her later design (the all black body suit with the yellow coat) and personality are cool though. I'd rather blend her character and especially design with Karma.

And overall including Dracula in Xmen stories was ridiculous anyway. If Jubilee needed to undergo a transformation and become a vampire why not make her an energy type vamp like Selene or have her be possessed partly or converted in someway by Marius St. Croix
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 10-28-2019 at 02:08 AM.

It was dumb but I liked her black costume. They should've kept her in it or given her a pink version instead of sticking her back in the 90s outfit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    This, exactly. Vampire Jubilee was an entertaining and even surprisingly deep Jubilee. Human Jubilee is just a bland generic side-kick character.
    I don't quite understand this idea. Because I thought Jubilee was a deep character and more than just a generic sidekick since 1993.

I thought it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I still don't understand a) who "Victor Gischler" was and b) how he got the flagship title for a bunch of vampire ****.
    I wouldn't call Gischler's X-Men book a "flagship"