Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Default So are they resurrections or clones?

Personally I think it all depends on whether or not the souls are present in the people who are regrown and all that. We know souls exist in the Marvel Universe and they are what make each person unique from a clone as evidenced with Ben Reilly having his own soul. If these characters are merely clones, then it would suck. Though the way everybody is acting in this new iteration does leave the possibility that all is not what it seems and hopefully those details will be uncovered soon.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Default Is the current portrayal legitimate or will there be a twist to explain it?

It is obvious that the X-Men are not acting like themselves. They are all cold and more supremacist than ever. They are pretty much all villains under this new regime. Though I find it hard to believe that Hickman would willfully turn them into villains with no twist or plan. We know it all changed when the Moira influenced Charles but I am surprised that we haven’t seen any more of a development in that. Do you think there is a conspiracy here? If there is indeed then what do you think is making them act like this? Mind control or these aren’t the real characters? Is Krakoa making the X-Men act like this? Or is it somebody else under that helmet?

BANNED

50-50. They are both clones and resurrections. You think Marvel will repeat the mistakes of the clone saga after getting burned with that storyline? I don't think so. So yeah they are legitimate unless Sinister has replaced some with his clones containing the legacy virus for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    50-50. They are both clones and resurrections. You think Marvel will repeat the mistakes of the clone saga after getting burned with that storyline? I don't think so. So yeah they are legitimate unless Sinister has replaced some with his clones containing the legacy virus for kicks.
    What makes them real though if their souls aren’t confirmed to be in the new bodies?

It’s aliens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It is obvious that the X-Men are not acting like themselves. They are all cold and more supremacist than ever. They are pretty much all villains under this new regime. Though I find it hard to believe that Hickman would willfully turn them into villains with no twist or plan. We know it all changed when the Moira influenced Charles but I am surprised that we haven’t seen any more of a development in that. Do you think there is a conspiracy here? If there is indeed then what do you think is making them act like this? Mind control or these aren’t the real characters? Is Krakoa making the X-Men act like this? Or is it somebody else under that helmet?
    I'm hoping that this is just intentional narrative tension...like, these characters are having their ideals challenged and are maybe 'slipping towards the darkside'...and even though I do not trust Hickman, his interpretation of the situation or conveyal of most emotions...I'm hoping the endgame has them able to regain their sense of compassion without sacrificing their newfound sense of pride...a compromise of the two; long term re-integration with humanity, but with Krakoa still as a nation island.

Like...I'm hoping this militant "US VS THEM" isn't the long term status quo being pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What makes them real though if their souls aren’t confirmed to be in the new bodies?
    The soul is not real tho.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    The soul is not real tho.
    Then they are 100% clones. It’s like saying a copy of lyrics is a song.

We're supposedly getting more information about the resurrection process in a future issue of X-Men.

Based on what we right now, and leaving aside the metaphysics of the MU regarding souls, I'd say it depends. If Xavier retrieves someone's mind via Cerebro in the moment of their death to maintain continuity of consciousness, the revived person ought to be the same as the one who died. If they're brought back via an earlier backup, as Vulcan might have been, they're essentially a new instance of that person.

Of course, how much that idea bothers anyone depends on their understanding of the self. For example, is the conscious part our minds reading this sentence the same as the one yesterday, even though we went to sleep and lost conscioussness in the meantime, or is our conscioussness today an entirely new process created from the stored information in our brains when we woke up?

That is why I believe the soul part is very important here.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 10-26-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    We're supposedly getting more information about the resurrection process in a future issue of X-Men.

Based on what we right now, and leaving aside the metaphysics of the MU regarding souls, I'd say it depends. If Xavier retrieves someone's mind via Cerebro in the moment of their death to maintain continuity of consciousness, the revived person ought to be the same as the one who died. If they're brought back via an earlier backup, as Vulcan might have been, they're essentially a new instance of that person.

Of course, how much that idea bothers anyone depends on their understanding of the self. For example, is the conscious part our minds reading this sentence the same as the one yesterday, even though we went to sleep and lost conscioussness in the meantime, or is our conscioussness today an entirely new process created from the stored information in our brains when we woke up?
    Your point about sleeping is the first point to make me think they aren’t clones if the mind was restored from a backup.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Clones. And they're basically stealing those new bodies from their rightful souls. But this is old hat for Xavier.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Well if the new bodies are built around the souls that already exist it isn’t robbing them.

Somehow Ben Reilly was able to create clones that the souls of the original, Xavier needs to steal his notes.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yeah, I'm hoping there's a twist. Otherwise, the X-Men have all guzzled the Kool-Aid and become villains. Even the entire premise of Moira is, in essence, pro-flatscan.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier