Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    How do the X-Men know that Nimrod will 100% guarantee their extermination? Have they all become precogs? We know that's not true because they ain't allowed in the promised land.
    Xavier, Magneto and Moira know for sure, and the X-men also know that every time a Nimrod showed up, it led to genocide.

Extraordinary Member

I just sort of assume that there will be a twist. I'd be more surprised if there wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Xavier, Magneto and Moira know for sure, and the X-men also know that every time a Nimrod showed up, it led to genocide.
    That's a very different situation than all the X-Men themselves knowing. Actually Charles and Mags only know because Moira says so (with TP of course). The rest of the X-Men are relying on Chucks word, which has a history of him putting all kinds of spin on it, backed up by Mags of all people. You can't tell me there's a single senior X-Man who would take that as gospel at this point. If so who, and for pity sake why?

I gotta say Spirit that I'm amazed the poster population here has changed so much that somehow you and I are on the same page more often than not. I kind of miss our old dust ups. Did you see how many people are implying Cyke's X-Force was right? Where the heck were all these people in 2017 when Scott was getting tarred and feathered every second post for some BS or other.
    the x-world really had a 180º turn. i barely recognize x-men...

Remember what happened when Wolverine maimed some nameless Hellfire thugs? The Reavers were born

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Remember what happened when Wolverine maimed some nameless Hellfire thugs? The Reavers were born
    He probably should had ended that job. But it lead to a very cool done in one issue so i can't complain
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just sort of assume that there will be a twist. I'd be more surprised if there wasn't.
    Same here.

I can just imagine Xavier throwing away his mask and revealing himself as Kilroy.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Same here.

I can just imagine Xavier throwing away his mask and revealing himself as Kilroy.
    *throws off his helmet, revealing the face of JOE QUESADA!

Nhehehehehe, they said I couldn't outdo One More Day, but look at me now! LET THE HATRED FLOW!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Nhehehehehe, they said I couldn't outdo One More Day, but look at me now! LET THE HATRED FLOW!
    OMG, too funny.

Then he flies to New York City to kill Mary Jane before she kisses Peter Parker and breaks the evil curse of One More Day which will reset all of reality!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Same here.

I want both of these things to happen!

Same here.

I think it's more likely to be Moira behind all this than Charles. She's the architect of all of this after all, and we know from some of her previous lives that she's more than willing to do anything, regardless of cost to win.

Has there ever been anything that even remotely tries to explain why the hatred of mutants has escalated so much? Its been a major problem with the Marvel U where it feels like the X books are in an entire different world from the rest of the line. As someone who mostly reads other stories, I can barely fathom such a nasty world existing in the background of series like Ms. Marvel and Agents of Atlas.

Maybe after Secret Empire people saw mutants cut a deal with the Nazis and just collectively stopped giving a damn about them, but that feels like a real stretch and I don't think there's been anything to hint at that.
    Disney?

Even during the Phoenix 5, wasnt the Humans actually supporting them ??

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think it's more likely to be Moira behind all this than Charles. She's the architect of all of this after all, and we know from some of her previous lives that she's more than willing to do anything, regardless of cost to win.
    I agree with you there, but Moira doesn't fit the reference. With all things considered, the song oddly fits Xavier and the X-men.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Disney?

Even during the Phoenix 5, wasnt the Humans actually supporting them ??
    During Secret Empire where Hydra took over North America, Captain America told Emma Frost to keep the mutants out of his realm, and gave her California (New Tian) with the agreement that the mutants could not leave New Tian into Hydra territory or be executed. Emma still joined the resistance against Hydra and personally worked to defeat evil Captain America.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    During Secret Empire where Hydra took over North America, Captain America told Emma Frost to keep the mutants out of his realm, and gave her California (New Tian) with the agreement that the mutants could not leave New Tian into Hydra territory or be executed. Emma still joined the resistance against Hydra and personally worked to defeat evil Captain America.
    Didn't she hand over the Mcguffin Cosmic Cube shard without a fight, and only joined in at the last moment when the tide turned against evil Cap? Did she actually work with the resistance before then? And did any mutants work with the resistance? All I can remember is some mutants antagonizing the Secret Warriors for being a bunch of Inhumans.