Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #210 – Orchis Monday

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/07/17/x-...orchis-monday/

AIPT: X-Fan PolarIceHavok said could you PLEASE give some non-spoilery but *encouraging* words on the Fall of X (and beyond?) futures of Polaris, Iceman, and Havok?

Frank: Yes — I can say with complete confidence that we will be able to keep you safe from all of these terrorists.

Polaris has, I know, been missing following what I have heard is a depression she entered after the death of her father, the infamous terrorist and human-hater, Magneto — we may not know her whereabouts right now, but rest assured that we’d been preparing for needing to face Magneto, which is why the Stark Sentinels are fully magnet resistant — when she reappears, she will be no threat to them.

Iceman is a special target — as one of the so-called “Omega-Level Mutants” (a name they give themselves to show, yet again, their focus on who is better than who), we have specific plans in place for going up against him and preventing him from enacting Mutantkind’s terrible agenda.

Havok… well, Havok is a unique case as he is currently a resident of the Limbo Embassy, a fully recognized nation (to the extent another dimension can be called a nation) with which relations are currently stable. As long as they continue to offer this fugitive sanctuary, there is little we can do. If, however, he were to encroach on U.S. soil we would of course proceed to take him down with extreme prejudice as someone as dangerous as he is would demand.

AIPT: Very encouraging words. X-Fan Wiccan said that with all the new X-titles being mini-series, it seems like Fall of X is a transitional period. What can you tease about what’s coming next without spoilers?

Frank: I think the branding “Fall of X” is not necessarily the one I would want to use. A Fall could imply being followed by a rise. Or by the cyclical winter and then rebirth. These are not things that Orchis is planning to allow to happen. To the extent that this is a fall, it’s the kind where you reach terminal velocity because it’s so far and so long, and there is no recovery possible. Sorry — that sounded a bit grim when I say it like that. It’s important to remember we’re talking about a species of people whose plan is to eradicate us and our way of life entirely. It’s important that there be no coming back from this.

This X-Men Monday was conveniently taken over by an Orchis representative, we don't learn much about what FoX has in store but I think we were able to gain a tiny bit of new info from what was said. Also interesting that Orchis was taking jabs at the former members of the QC too, they truly are painting all mutants to be terrible it seems
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-17-2023 at 08:16 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

She's A Lifebringer

Orbis looking at burning leaves of Krakoa perhaps?
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-17-2023 at 08:21 AM.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

It looks like Casali’s art. So previews for X-men 25?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was a Funny Read.

This came off like some Religious Zealot trying to explain to me the definition of a Hypocrite. LOL. Anyway, I personally still don't see Orchis a Threat, but that's just me.

I can't wait for the other Shoe to Drop when Nimrod and Omega Sentinel turn on the Humans. And then Dr. Stasis turning on everyone. I think that would be more entertaining. But, I do agree with one thing Krakoa must fall so we can get a NEW Krakoan Government.

Does everyone understand Moira's Motivation? Is she really just being petty? Because that's what it's coming off as. At least to me it is.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 07-17-2023 at 08:38 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know they probably thought this was different and interesting coming from an "Orchis Agent" but it was just so forced and so much ****.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah not a great look asking fans to submit questions only to play around with the answers. That said, a few things I found interesting in the responses:

Regarding Moira - "No offense to our AI allies here in Orchis, but as we are all united in siding with humankind, I don’t think they would disagree that she would have been better off being able to stay human rather than needing to resort to a robotic body." Hmm.

"Polaris has, I know, been missing following what I have heard is a depression she entered after the death of her father, the infamous terrorist and human-hater, Magneto — we may not know her whereabouts right now, but rest assured that we’d been preparing for needing to face Magneto, which is why the Stark Sentinels are fully magnet resistant — when she reappears, she will be no threat to them."

"Iceman is a special target — as one of the so-called “Omega-Level Mutants” (a name they give themselves to show, yet again, their focus on who is better than who), we have specific plans in place for going up against him and preventing him from enacting Mutantkind’s terrible agenda."

"Havok… well, Havok is a unique case as he is currently a resident of the Limbo Embassy, a fully recognized nation (to the extent another dimension can be called a nation) with which relations are currently stable. As long as they continue to offer this fugitive sanctuary, there is little we can do. If, however, he were to encroach on U.S. soil we would of course proceed to take him down with extreme prejudice as someone as dangerous as he is would demand."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

At least Hassan is trying to do something different.

Just wish they answered my Betsy Braddock question from the ORCHIS point of view.

Guess we'll have to wait till after FoX to get any new on her.

Mess. 1010

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah not a great look asking fans to submit questions only to play around with the answers. That said, a few things I found interesting in the responses:

Regarding Moira - "No offense to our AI allies here in Orchis, but as we are all united in siding with humankind, I don’t think they would disagree that she would have been better off being able to stay human rather than needing to resort to a robotic body." Hmm.

"Polaris has, I know, been missing following what I have heard is a depression she entered after the death of her father, the infamous terrorist and human-hater, Magneto — we may not know her whereabouts right now, but rest assured that we’d been preparing for needing to face Magneto, which is why the Stark Sentinels are fully magnet resistant — when she reappears, she will be no threat to them."

"Iceman is a special target — as one of the so-called “Omega-Level Mutants” (a name they give themselves to show, yet again, their focus on who is better than who), we have specific plans in place for going up against him and preventing him from enacting Mutantkind’s terrible agenda."

"Havok… well, Havok is a unique case as he is currently a resident of the Limbo Embassy, a fully recognized nation (to the extent another dimension can be called a nation) with which relations are currently stable. As long as they continue to offer this fugitive sanctuary, there is little we can do. If, however, he were to encroach on U.S. soil we would of course proceed to take him down with extreme prejudice as someone as dangerous as he is would demand."
    Well, there you go.

I think it's time some of the Mutants to eats some Humble Pie and ask Madelyne Pryor for Sanctuary.

Also, didn't Orchis say earlier that they know where ALL the Mutants are? With there High Tech Stark Technoligy. But, they don't know where Polaris is or Jean LOL Idiots.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Incredible Member

So, basically just a space-filler "interview" until after whatever comes out of SDCC this weekend. Guessing we may get a little more in-depth/reactive Q&A with White next week?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was a Funny Read.

This came off like some Religious Zealot trying to explain to me the definition of a Hypocrite. LOL. Anyway, I personally still don't see Orchis a Threat, but that's just me.

I can't wait for the other Shoe to Drop when Nimrod and Omega Sentinel turn on the Humans. And then Dr. Stasis turning on everyone. I think that would be more entertaining. But, I do agree with one thing Krakoa must fall so we can get a NEW Krakoan Government.

Does everyone understand Moira's Motivation? Is she really just being petty? Because that's what it's coming off as. At least to me it is.
    Moira is 100% being petty. Though she does have good reason to be for what Raven and Irene put her through but still...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Cute!

This looks like Michael Dowling to me. Any other guesses?

Fantastic Member

That's Dr Stasis not Orbis. Orbis is a super old emaciated guy in the big sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Agreed with the first part. Its a cute idea but works better when its the site asking the questions. The wedding one was great, came off like no one should be excited about the wedding.

The Havok comment is interesting. My theory about Krakoan immunity being gone seems correct. Wonder how that works with the Uncanny Avengers team. Other than Rogue I don't think any of the mutants we've seen are American citizens. I wonder if that's intentional.

And the comment about not liking the name fall is telling. Sounds like the Krakoan era isn't over yet, but there will be changes. Fits with the ending of Immortal 13.