Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default So are they resurrections or clones?

Personally I think it all depends on whether or not the souls are present in the people who are regrown and all that. We know souls exist in the Marvel Universe and they are what make each person unique from a clone as evidenced with Ben Reilly having his own soul. If these characters are merely clones, then it would suck. Though the way everybody is acting in this new iteration does leave the possibility that all is not what it seems and hopefully those details will be uncovered soon.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Default Is the current portrayal legitimate or will there be a twist to explain it?

It is obvious that the X-Men are not acting like themselves. They are all cold and more supremacist than ever. They are pretty much all villains under this new regime. Though I find it hard to believe that Hickman would willfully turn them into villains with no twist or plan. We know it all changed when the Moira influenced Charles but I am surprised that we haven’t seen any more of a development in that. Do you think there is a conspiracy here? If there is indeed then what do you think is making them act like this? Mind control or these aren’t the real characters? Is Krakoa making the X-Men act like this? Or is it somebody else under that helmet?

It’s aliens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It is obvious that the X-Men are not acting like themselves. They are all cold and more supremacist than ever. They are pretty much all villains under this new regime. Though I find it hard to believe that Hickman would willfully turn them into villains with no twist or plan. We know it all changed when the Moira influenced Charles but I am surprised that we haven’t seen any more of a development in that. Do you think there is a conspiracy here? If there is indeed then what do you think is making them act like this? Mind control or these aren’t the real characters? Is Krakoa making the X-Men act like this? Or is it somebody else under that helmet?
    I'm hoping that this is just intentional narrative tension...like, these characters are having their ideals challenged and are maybe 'slipping towards the darkside'...and even though I do not trust Hickman, his interpretation of the situation or conveyal of most emotions...I'm hoping the endgame has them able to regain their sense of compassion without sacrificing their newfound sense of pride...a compromise of the two; long term re-integration with humanity, but with Krakoa still as a nation island.

Like...I'm hoping this militant "US VS THEM" isn't the long term status quo being pushed.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yeah, I'm hoping there's a twist. Otherwise, the X-Men have all guzzled the Kool-Aid and become villains. Even the entire premise of Moira is, in essence, pro-flatscan.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

They are acting like themselves, the only difference is that they no longer have the maturity of eleven-year-old children who fight for any nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They are acting like themselves, the only difference is that they no longer have the maturity of eleven-year-old children who fight for any nonsense.
    wow, bingo.

Amazing Member

Nothing they are doing is making them villains. I don’t know how you read these books and come to that conclusion. just because they aren’t flower wielding hippies anymore doesn’t make them villains. Creating a nation, developing an economy, saying to people once and for all, no more killing mutants, doesn’t make them villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Nothing they are doing is making them villains. I don’t know how you read these books and come to that conclusion. just because they aren’t flower wielding hippies anymore doesn’t make them villains. Creating a nation, developing an economy, saying to people once and for all, no more killing mutants, doesn’t make them villains.
    As I said; it's the supremacist-like language. I agree, I don't think they're villains, but it is worrying that characters seem to be speaking in broad strokes about all humans or just decrying the whole species so suddenly when, previously, these characters were able to see nuance. That's what people think is villainous, not wanting their own space or building their own nation, or even standing up for themselves--that's all awesome!

Legit. I believe in Hickman's direction. And this all a natural evolution in the X-Men storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Legit. I believe in Hickman's direction. And this all a natural evolution in the X-Men storyline.
    More like a devolution.

It is the year 2054. Jonathan Hickman has been dead for thirty years, torn apart at NYCC by a mob of irate fans. Krakoa-era X-Men has not been retconned or "explained" in any substantial way. People still insist that it is just an AU.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 10-27-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It is the year 2054. Jonathan Hickman has been dead for thirty years, torn apart at NYCC by a mob of irate Jean Grey fans. Krakoa-era X-Men has not been retconned or "explained" in any substantial way. People still insist that it is just an AU.
    His mouth drenched in blood, he smiled. His last words?

Quote Originally Posted by Head of X
    For I cannot die, children. They won't allow it. For the righteous can never truly die. They live on. Transformed into something immortal by their good comic books... For me to die, I would have to be forgotten...

...And no one will forget the man who FREED THE THIGHS.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It is the year 2054. Jonathan Hickman has been dead for thirty years, torn apart at NYCC by a mob of irate Jean Grey fans. Krakoa-era X-Men has not been retconned or "explained" in any substantial way. People still insist that it is just an AU.
    Plenty dark and straddles the line that got me a tempo ban, but I'm curious: in your alternate future history POD, does that imply the Krakoa saga would carry on even if Hix is gone or it just stopped and rebooted the X-Line?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Crab People
    GrindrStone(D)