Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I cheered when Kitty did that. She's growing up, her parents, Emma & Logan must be so proud.

Also, i believe you'll see plenty of people reaching out to Marvel on social media, to express how much they love this new direction though.
    In the past, editors were more responsible people and paid attention not to flatter the lowest instincts of their readers.
    Now they would do anything to sell… Shame on them.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In the past, editors were more responsible people and paid attention not to flatter the lowest instincts of their readers.
    You need to rephrase this statement and state what you're actually trying to say.

BANNED

Shame on them for what? Trying something new? Telling a story that doesn’t give everyone the warm and fuzzies all the way through?

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    You’re blaming Morrison for subsequent creative decisions, and that’s even more irrational and unfair than your response to Hickman.
    Dude I’m not hitting Jonathan Hickman on this. Rather asking if this is a legitimate portrayal or some kind of conspiracy. As somebody who has enjoyed a lot of his other runs, it is hard for me to believe that he would do this with no twist in the plan. Though if that is the case my only complaint is that I wish it could happen sooner because I don’t like reading them acting like villains.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Dude I’m not hitting Jonathan Hickman on this. Rather asking if this is a legitimate portrayal or some kind of conspiracy. As somebody who has enjoyed a lot of his other runs, it is hard for me to believe that he would do this with no twist in the plan. Though if that is the case my only complaint is that I wish it could happen sooner because I don’t like reading them acting like villains.
    And there it is. Where’s the villainy?

And there it is. Where’s the villainy?
    With nearly every word spoken there is a tinge supremacy and separatism. Just take any sentence of any X-Man and put it into an X-Men villain’s mouth and it makes much more sense altogether. Also the whole idea of a mutant nation when it was never a homeland is a villain’s plan. So is holding medical advancement over people to get what you want and preventing justice systems from punishing murderers if the murderer happen to be mutant.

You need to rephrase this statement and state what you're actually trying to say.
    I haven't just read X-men in my childhood, I also read comics books featuring the Ghost Rider, the ones with Johnny Blaze. Prone to anger and vengeance was the Ghost Rider.
    And still this superhero never crossed the line. Always someone appeared and stopped the Ghost Rider from being a real monster — once it was even Jesus… Sometimes it was also Johnny Blaze's conscience.

Now, no hesitation, no doubt in the way they exert violence… and that appeals to people. Conscience… how boring.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Shame on them for what? Trying something new? Telling a story that doesn’t give everyone the warm and fuzzies all the way through?
    Does "new" excuse everything? Comic sales are not anymore what they were. Now TV shows are the popular entertainment. Editors go for the buzz and the controversy.
    Otherwise, I like a little "warm and fuzzies" if not the way through…

BANNED

With nearly every word spoken there is a tinge supremacy and separatism. Just take any sentence of any X-Man and put it into an X-Men villain’s mouth and it makes much more sense altogether. Also the whole idea of a mutant nation when it was never a homeland is a villain’s plan. So is holding medical advancement over people to get what you want and preventing justice systems from punishing murderers if the murderer happen to be mutant.
    You’re plucking events out of context to suit your argument. As I’ve mentioned, it is not the responsibility of the oppressed to fix oppressive systems. Removing yourself from an environment that is dangerous to you is a completely valid choice. There has been a global effort to exterminate mutants carried out by multiple world governments on multiple occasions. Again, removing themselves is a valid choice. Those systematic attempts at genocide also make using the drugs as a deterrent a viable choice.

Moreover, many crimes committed by people happen as a reaction to oppressive systems. Giving people amnesty so they have the chance to be themselves without the yolk of oppression around their necks isn’t villainy; it’s showing mercy.

BANNED

I haven't just read X-men in my childhood, I also read comics books featuring the Ghost Rider, the ones with Johnny Blaze. Prone to anger and vengeance was the Ghost Rider.
    And still this superhero never crossed the line. Always someone appeared and stopped the Ghost Rider from being a real monster — once it was even Jesus… Sometimes it was also Johnny Blaze's conscience.

Now, no hesitation, no doubt in the way they exert violence… and that appeals to people. Conscience… how boring.
    So you're saying watching a girl stand up for herself to the guy who just tried to murder her and her friends is appealing to our lowest bases and anyone who enjoys it should be ashamed?

BANNED

Must be nice to make baseless speculations about the anonymous people you’re arguing with rather than taking on their points.
    This post is very much blaming the victim for standing up to the bully after the bully spent years trying to murder him.

So you're saying watching a girl stand up for herself to the guy who just tried to murder her and her friends is appealing to our lowest bases and anyone who enjoys it should be ashamed?
    Showing someone kicking someone else who is already down is.

Edit: I blame the editors, not the readers. It's their responsability.
    Last edited by Zelena; 10-27-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Yeah I’m sure Sabretooth kills innocent people because he’s oppressed. What makes Nightcrawler a better person is that being treated like crap didn’t turn him evil though he easily could have decided that.

This post is very much blaming the victim for standing up to the bully after the bully spent years trying to murder him.
    This doesn’t make a lick of sense dude.

What gives mutants the right to take a real stand against humans stepping on them?

Who do they think they are? Damn uppity Muties.