Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It is obvious that the X-Men are not acting like themselves. They are all cold and more supremacist than ever. They are pretty much all villains under this new regime. Though I find it hard to believe that Hickman would willfully turn them into villains with no twist or plan. We know it all changed when the Moira influenced Charles but I am surprised that we haven’t seen any more of a development in that. Do you think there is a conspiracy here? If there is indeed then what do you think is making them act like this? Mind control or these aren’t the real characters? Is Krakoa making the X-Men act like this? Or is it somebody else under that helmet?
    How are they the villains? Because they are tired of being exterminated?

They are acting like themselves, the only difference is that they no longer have the maturity of eleven-year-old children who fight for any nonsense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    How are they the villains? Because they are tired of being exterminated?
    Not saying you're wrong, but it's some of the supremacist-esque language from some characters that people are calling into question, plus the sudden focus on separation without a proper segue in narrative (data pages don't count; that's information, not character reaction.)

Amazing Member

Nothing they are doing is making them villains. I don’t know how you read these books and come to that conclusion. just because they aren’t flower wielding hippies anymore doesn’t make them villains. Creating a nation, developing an economy, saying to people once and for all, no more killing mutants, doesn’t make them villains.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, but it's some of the supremacist-esque language from some characters that people are calling into question, plus the sudden focus on separation without a proper segue in narrative (data pages don't count; that's information, not character reaction.)
    Proper seque in narrative...so the last am lost sixty years of humans killing them at every turn isn’t enough for them to come to this conclusion?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Nothing they are doing is making them villains. I don’t know how you read these books and come to that conclusion. just because they aren’t flower wielding hippies anymore doesn’t make them villains. Creating a nation, developing an economy, saying to people once and for all, no more killing mutants, doesn’t make them villains.
    As I said; it's the supremacist-like language. I agree, I don't think they're villains, but it is worrying that characters seem to be speaking in broad strokes about all humans or just decrying the whole species so suddenly when, previously, these characters were able to see nuance. That's what people think is villainous, not wanting their own space or building their own nation, or even standing up for themselves--that's all awesome!

BANNED

Well if the new bodies are built around the souls that already exist it isn’t robbing them.
    Except as I understand the process that's not what's happening. The bodies are being grown, and only after they reach the correct biological age is the consciousness of the deceased being implanted. Which means there's a very real possibility that they're overwriting — thus murdering — the consciousness of the cloned body with the backup.

Now maybe that reality is being hidden from the others, but there should be NUMEROUS characters who should have a very big problem with that.

Separating themselves from the general public is never been what the franchise was about and the attitude toward non-mutants is very reminiscent of every mutant supremacist villain ever. They are acting like they are better than everybody else.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I've said it before but your "soul" is basically the 'stuff' that is stored in your brain, what we humans refer to as "the mind". Since these creations have both the biological identical body and brain and it contains the "mind" from cerebro then it is them and not a mere clone.

Also the issue addressed this in a way since Magneto told Polaris that Xavier found a way to return the soul to the mutant body/shell. It is a very sci-fi process and it reminds me of save points in video games. Is your character a new character in your video game everytime he/she dies and returns via the save point?

BANNED

Didn’t Hickman say in a recent interview that he doesn’t believe in souls, or that he thinks it’s a non-issue? Personally, I don’t believe in a soul and I think the only thing that makes us us is our consciousness and our memories. So yes they are clones grown in eggs, but they’ve been infused with the consciousness and memories of the originals which makes them just as authentic.

Astonishing Member

Separating themselves from the general public is never been what the franchise was about and the attitude toward non-mutants is very reminiscent of every mutant supremacist villain ever. They are acting like they are better than everybody else.
    I don't see it that way the only people they're acting better than are the ones who create genocidal death machines specifically designed to kill their race and the people who have no problem turning a blind eye towards mutant rights.

Like I'd have no problem spouting that I'm better than Nazis or the majority of the GOP party or any white supremacist organization honestly.
    Last edited by loke13; 10-26-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Manipulated Copies, Mind Control, Aliens truth is all possible.

Villains ? Only in your head unless you consider Jews, Brazilians, Americans, Africans or any people who fought for independence, to escape genocide or to have a nation for their people villains ?

I think things will balance out.

But they are not villains.

They will eventually blend back in.
    Last edited by cable guy; 10-26-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Manipulated Copies, Mind Control, Aliens truth is all possible.

Villains ? Only in your head unless you consider Jews, Brazilians, Americans, Africans or any people who fought for independence, to escape genocide or to have a nation for their people villains ?

^
    THIS!

1. Humans perpetuate one of the worst genocides in history on mutant kind.
    2. Mutants try fleeing to Genosha, it is destroyed.
    3. Mutants try fleeing to Utopia, it is destroyed.
    4. Humans round up, experiment on, and execute mutants with impunity.
    5. Humans forcibly cure mutants whether they want to be cured or not, and try to prevent any future mutants from ever being born.
    6. Mutants flee from the genocide and establish their own homeland to try and find safety from the human perpetuated genocide.
    7. Humans form a new group Orchis with the intent to exterminate every last mutant on the Earth once and for all!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Is there something in between?