Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Ressurected but the process does seem like cloning
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In Amazing Spider-man, in Hunted, I don't remember the exact comic. Strange makes a mystical analysis of Curt's son and confirms that he has the soul of the former. All those resurrected by the new method of Ben Reilly retain their soul, even if it is done by cloning.

Really, the Marvel Universe is very flexible with the theme of souls.
    Do you have the exact issue number? It isn’t that I don’t believe you but I want to see it for myself. It was confirmed in the Ben Reilly series as well. At least relating to himself and his soul. Though his method in Clone Conspiracy also involved cloning around corpses if I correctly remember that. At least he said that was the case when he brought Gwen Stacy back.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

It's a legit interpretation of not just the X-Men, but much of mutantkind. Why continue to live among those that wish to eradicate you, a historically discriminated and persecuted people, if you had a choice. I always thought that mutantkind did not owe mankind anything and always thought that Magneto/Brotherhood/Apocalypse did make points that remain quite valid regarding mutantkind's place in the macrocosm of Earth. If the flatscans want mutants to live among them and be with them, the humans had best learn to behave and learn to share. Otherwise, I don't really see any redeeming qualities in the humans in the MU.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

They're clones. There are a lot of characters like Laura that I'm surprised aren't more upset about this. In fact, there are some hints that they are tampering with the genetic structure of people, like Warren being able to switch between Angel and Archangel forms.

You can have discussions about whether souls exist, but they absolutely do in the Marvel universe. Wolverine had an entire arc where his soul went to hell when he died, and a demon took over his body. Xavier's whole process is just stamping a recording of people onto rapidly clones bodies. Its been done before and never treated like the real deal. Sinister once had an entire room of Ben Reilly clones that all thought they were the real thing, and an early X-men comic had them fight robot that had perfect copies of the X-men's memories programmed in. None of them were treated like the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    It's a legit interpretation of not just the X-Men, but much of mutantkind. Why continue to live among those that wish to eradicate you, a historically discriminated and persecuted people, if you had a choice. I always thought that mutantkind did not owe mankind anything and always thought that Magneto/Brotherhood/Apocalypse did make points that remain quite valid regarding mutantkind's place in the macrocosm of Earth. If the flatscans want mutants to live among them and be with them, the humans had best learn to behave and learn to share. Otherwise, I don't really see any redeeming qualities in the humans in the MU.
    Plus, they aren't going out of their way to seek conflict from humans they only operations they are doing is to save mutant refugees from imprisonment, torture, and death.
    • They attacked Orchis and took out the Mother Mold but left most of the base intact. Mother Mold was a mass genocidal weapon directed at mutants.
    • They attacked Orchis and rescued the mutants and the child of the vault that were being held for experimentation in interior of the facility. Once they succeeded in rescuing the mutants and the child of the vault departed, the mutants also left and teleported back to Krakoa.
    • The Marauders team attacked a Russian operation that was surrounding a portal and capturing any mutants who tried to escape to Krakoa. They liberated the mutants and then retreated from Russian territory immediately.

So far, the mutants of Krakoa have been on missions to liberate their own kind from the human forces that are perpetuating genocide on their race. This is no different than the agents of Mossad hunting down the Nazi scientists and commanders who were responsible for the Holocaust. These humans that are responsible for experimenting on mutants, creating weapons of genocide, and perpetuating genocide on mutants are truly evil people and honestly they all deserve to burn in hell for all eternity for that evil.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Its bizarre that so many people are like 'humans of the MU are scum!' The X-men have often run across terrible people doing terrible things to mutants, but to act like the entire human population is just as bad is such a fallacy. Its been a longstanding problem that this makes no sense when you look at the ENTIRE REST OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE. But to act like Orchis is a symbol of all of humanity is a bit much.

Not to mention we've seen mutants slaughter tons of people too. Magneto once tried to build actual furnaces for humans! Bad writing goes both ways.

Yes there will be a twist. There are too many hints that something aint right

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes there will be a twist. There are too many hints that something aint right
    Yes. I got some creepy controlled vibes from this, specially x-men #1.

Y’all are setting yourselves up for disappointment based on some moments you don’t think lined up with other writers. Hickman and definitely none of the Dawn of X writers want to write about fakes or mind-controlled puppets or clones or whatever other theory that invalidates these not being the real, genuine mutants.

I'm pretty sure I won't be dissapointed.

There is lot of very weird things happening for to be just a new characterization.

BANNED

Well let's hope the 11 year old children who read these books are satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Y’all are setting yourselves up for disappointment based on some moments you don’t think lined up with other writers. Hickman and definitely none of the Dawn of X writers want to write about fakes or mind-controlled puppets or clones or whatever other theory that invalidates these not being the real, genuine mutants.
    Can't set oneself up for disappointment if you are already disappointed
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-26-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Fantastic Member

The books state that Xavier brings the soul into the new body, so they are resurrections. Empty cloned bodies that then have the soul of the mutant transferred into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Didn’t Hickman say in a recent interview that he doesn’t believe in souls, or that he thinks it’s a non-issue? Personally, I don’t believe in a soul and I think the only thing that makes us us is our consciousness and our memories. So yes they are clones grown in eggs, but they’ve been infused with the consciousness and memories of the originals which makes them just as authentic.
    So Thanos killed his kid for the "Nothing" Stone?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    , but there is definetly something off about Krakoa and letting all the villains in, no matter how yoy sliced it, is an incredibly questionable idea at best.
    I don’t think so. Mutants have their own nation now, and they also, rightly so, requested an amnesty for mutants. They have to take the bad mutants too, what’s the alternative? Leaving them spreading chaos and killing humans across the world? How other people and their government would perceive that? Obviously they have to take them in. Every nation has to take care of their criminals they can’t just deport them to another country. It may look a bad idea for Krakoa but it’s also the only way to go now that they are a recognized nation.