Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Can set oneself up for disappointment if you are already disappointed
    This is clever. pretty much this

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

This is good. Lets go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I won't be dissapointed.

There is lot of very weird things happening for to be just a new characterization.
    Weird things happen all the time, it’s the X-Men.

That’s disappointment^2

The amnesty thing doesn't make much sense from the get-go. If they want to demand asylum or citizenship for all mutants, fine. But to ask every nation to forgive the crimes of every mutant just because they are a mutant, that's kind of bizarre. And deliberately including the totally unrepentant ones instead of just the petty crimes is even weirder. How weird would it be if a new nation did that kind of thing in today's world? Not helping is that it largely seems to be Xavier and Magneto's idea, since everyone was pretty shocked to see Apocalypse show up.

I loathe the comparisons to Israel, but imagine if Israel had demanded all nations grant pardons and amnesty to all Jews when the nation was founded. How would that have gone down? Jews have a nation now, so therefore everyone should forgive all crimes that happen to have been committed by Jewish people? What?

It seems more likely to be a consolidation of power type of thing. Get all the most powerful mutants behind Krakoa to eliminate potential threats and make Krakoa a force to be reckoned with. And the evil mutants are generally stronger than the individual good ones.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 10-26-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Additional point

BANNED

The current portrayal is as legitimate as it can, I believe. There's literally no reason to get invested in a story about mind control or an attack of the body snatchers, because in the end they aren't the real deal and whatever they do can be swept under the rug as "they weren't the real X-Men" or "they weren't in their right minds". There is plenty of evidence that the X-Men are in their right mind, like Cyclops and Storm's radical difference in the way they talk in the field and the way they talk in private, from the Marauders that are, as far as can be seen, pretty much in character, and Excalibur will hardly deviate from that.

There are, naturally, people basically rooting for everything to be discarded, either because they don't like the amount of changes done, the X-Men's stance on Xavier's dream or because they're fans of Jean Grey. But I don't think there will be any twist regarding the X-Men being mind-controlled. You might get something like the Ego twist in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, with Krakoa feeding off the bones of poor people and whatnot, but I think that would be as far as it goes.

Fall of X begins when they find out Krakoa vapes and his husband Doug knew all along.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Fall of X begins when they find out Krakoa vapes and his husband Doug knew all along.
    Doug: And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren’t for you meddling X-Kids and your Doop too!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

These characters are legit and aren't being mindcontroled, sadly.

Well there is this sentiment and Marvel’s managed to pull that numerous times:
    387991.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    The books state that Xavier brings the soul into the new body, so they are resurrections. Empty cloned bodies that then have the soul of the mutant transferred into it.
    Yep, and it is right there in the story so not inferred but out right stated. Though there are still nuances that will be explored with the process apparently.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm not too sure on the twist. Something is definitely going to happen with Krakoa, that's for sure at least. However, I don't think the X-men are being mind controlled. Slightly tampered with? Maybe. At least I think so. Something feels off with the X-men. I mean, Xavier has already been messed with. I don't see how the concept of some form of manipulation seems like a stretch, especially since so few are knowledgeable about Moira's previous lives and current goals. Technically the X-men are already being manipulated, the question is how is it all going to come down.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Nope. Lovin it.
    10c

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Aw man, why didn't you include spoiler tags? Lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mutants have already proven that they can control the energy processes in the brain. Meaning they have proven that their own thoughts are more than the Meat they are held in, as they have left their own bodies to enter someone else's mind and returned.

Based on that alone, the easiest way to think of how their bodies, the clones, and their minds is as if they are computers connecting through a network.

Ex. I have my computer 1 HDD running several programs (that i will call Original), but I have it with me in a dangerous area all the time and worry about losing the Operating System and Programs if it were to break. So, I sign-up for an ONLINE BACKUP Service for it. Every night Originals data is backed up somewhere safer than where I am.
    Finally, Original is destroyed out on a job, I go and get a backup copy of the device that i have several of because of my line of work. I go online and load the Off-Site Back-Up, meaning that I have all the data just prior to whenever that was.
    This is exactly how Hickman is running his Resurrection Network.

Meaning when you saw Husk, Angel, Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Jean, and Cyclops die in House of X, they really DID DIE. In more ways than they ever have if you really think about it. How many Resurrections did not involve bringing the actual body of the person back?????
    I have 5 iPhones, send them out but they get destroyed 2 days later and before they were backed up. Those 2 days are GONE, no data is retrievable and the phones themselves are melted slag. Are the 5 iPhone replacements with the same data as they had when they were sent 2 days ago the same?

Has anyone brought up this way of looking at this?

Honestly Hickman is out of his mind if he plans to take a year or so following the stories of these X-Men only to reveal them to be mind-controlled or clones. So I say no. This is legit.