Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Nope. Lovin it.
    10c
    Me too, I love everything about this new direction.

Dawn of X is awesome!

Long Live Krakoa!!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

It's legitimate. From the perspective of the X-Men, the evil mutants joining their cause has been the only real dicey thing so far. A mutant nation? They've made several attempts in the past with Jean being the most recent one. A more hard line stance against humans? They just survived another extinction event. Remissember how f*cked up everything was more mutants in Rosenberg's Uncanny? It makes sense that the X-Men are taking a tougher stance in negotiating with the human world.

Otherwise, they have a mutant paradise safe for all their people and they are offering humanity gifts to validate their homeland. The problem is with villainous characters joining Krakoa but we've seen that mutants have some misgivings about this. Logan was skeptical, Gambit doesn't trust Apocalypse, and Jean & Storm were quick to get rid of Sabretooth.

I think people want everyone to be mind controlled so that the Krakoa status quo dies quickly but that's not going to be the case. And it would crap on the story honestly. Krakoa has issues coming but it won't have to do with 'X-Men coming to their senses'. As seen in PoX, its demise will be because Professor X and Magneto have massive egos and will screw this up. You can already see this in the 'Don't worry Moira, we got this now' crap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It's legitimate. From the perspective of the X-Men, the evil mutants joining their cause has been the only real dicey thing so far. A mutant nation? They've made several attempts in the past with Jean being the most recent one. A more hard line stance against humans? They just survived another extinction event. Remissember how f*cked up everything was more mutants in Rosenberg's Uncanny? It makes sense that the X-Men are taking a tougher stance in negotiating with the human world.

Otherwise, they have a mutant paradise safe for all their people and they are offering humanity gifts to validate their homeland. The problem is with villainous characters joining Krakoa but we've seen that mutants have some misgivings about this. Logan was skeptical, Gambit doesn't trust Apocalypse, and Jean & Storm were quick to get rid of Sabretooth.

I think people want everyone to be mind controlled so that the Krakoa status quo dies quickly but that's not going to be the case. And it would crap on the story honestly. Krakoa has issues coming but it won't have to do with 'X-Men coming to their senses'. As seen in PoX, its demise will be because Professor X and Magneto have massive egos and will screw this up. You can already see this in the 'Don't worry Moira, we got this now' crap.
    I think the villain thing isn't exactly what people think. I think what applies here is keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer.

By having the villains on Krakoa where it's easier to keep an eye on them, keeps them out of the human world where they could stir up further anti-mutant sentiment. The other thing is that we have seen some of the villains are actually willing to give this whole Krakoa thing a chance. I am sure every member of the Acolytes is willing to give this a chance, Elixer, Amelia, Frenzy, and the others, they probably are hoping that this finally works for everyone. I know Paris seems to love being on Krakoa and spending time with the kids the same way Logan does.

So in a way the X-Men have actually successfully integrated some of their villains into the new society of Krakoa. So lets say you get anywhere between 50 to 75% of the villains decide to genuinely give Krakoa a chance, that's 75% of those villains who are not bothering the humans and increasing negative feelings among the humans. That leaves 25% of the villains that are a problem and need to be monitored.

Even Apocalypse is going along with things unexpectedly. He is being polite to his fellow Krakoans, working on the research team. I am sure he may have some long game plan, but for the short term he is trying to help make Krakoa a success.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the villain thing isn't exactly what people think. I think what applies here is keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer.

By having the villains on Krakoa where it's easier to keep an eye on them, keeps them out of the human world where they could stir up further anti-mutant sentiment. The other thing is that we have seen some of the villains are actually willing to give this whole Krakoa thing a chance. I am sure every member of the Acolytes is willing to give this a chance, Elixer, Amelia, Frenzy, and the others, they probably are hoping that this finally works for everyone. I know Paris seems to love being on Krakoa and spending time with the kids the same way Logan does.

So in a way the X-Men have actually successfully integrated some of their villains into the new society of Krakoa. So lets say you get anywhere between 50 to 75% of the villains decide to genuinely give Krakoa a chance, that's 75% of those villains who are not bothering the humans and increasing negative feelings among the humans. That leaves 25% of the villains that are a problem and need to be monitored.

Even Apocalypse is going along with things unexpectedly. He is being polite to his fellow Krakoans, working on the research team. I am sure he may have some long game plan, but for the short term he is trying to help make Krakoa a success.
    Yeah I get that and I agree with. All I mean is that's the only real thing so far that would have X-Men having second thoughts. And as expected, we have seen some apprehensive about it. Everything else people claim is OOC of the X-Men is perfectly in character and makes sense so far

Im glad they dropped xaviers old apologetic nature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    As seen in PoX, its demise will be because Professor X and Magneto have massive egos and will screw this up. You can already see this in the 'Don't worry Moira, we got this now' crap.
    I don't know why anyone who dislikes this new development would wish for anything else.

As for me, I'm good with Krakoa and most everything else, just a bit wary of some of their borderline supremacy talk.

I'm kind of in the middle? Like, there's clearly more going on, and it involves Moira swearing to destroy Charles' goodness to achieve, but mostly it seems like everyones going along with it because their backs up against the wall - they're happy, but when things have been so depressing for so long, it's hard to blame them (especially how orgy-coded Krakoa is, wink wink).

Still, considering that "Avengers World" led to "Time Runs Out", I'm thinking this will similarly end in tears, regardless of where blame lies anywhere or at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm kind of in the middle? Like, there's clearly more going on, and it involves Moira swearing to destroy Charles' goodness to achieve, but mostly it seems like everyones going along with it because their backs up against the wall - they're happy, but when things have been so depressing for so long, it's hard to blame them (especially how orgy-coded Krakoa is, wink wink).

Still, considering that "Avengers World" led to "Time Runs Out", I'm thinking this will similarly end in tears, regardless of where blame lies anywhere or at all.
    "Orgy coded"?

Edit: And, honestly, the whole illuminati story really made me hate the illuminati members. Well, most of them, I already hated Xavier and Richards.

At the begining, i used to believe this, that they were acting too fanatic but now that we are seeing more reactions i think they are pretty much themselves. The only problem for me was storm/cyclops conversation but i think is just going to be attributed to weird writing or Orchis focused.

Magneto being dismissive towards humans is pretty much in character, same goes to Emma being smug in front of the officials was also in character when was taking creed, even the "monkey" insult of the cuckoos, retarded insult but when flatscan is considered a legitimate offensive word, what can i expect
    Jean and Bobby are themselves and Pyro too, there are different opinions.

Several characters have shown doubts about Krakoa even if they are going along the plan, Gambit gave Apocalypse a really good stare, so yeah, they are pretty much themselves,

Something will happen, obviously, but everything morally grey or weird is going to be limited to the ruling trio or the mutant villains; especially Mystique and Sinister.

Hope a twist!

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    "Orgy coded"?

Edit: And, honestly, the whole illuminati story really made me hate the illuminati members. Well, most of them, I already hated Xavier and Richards.
    I try to forget it. At least captain america "got out" early

Jean and Bobby are themselves
    Jean characterization on 1960s, yes

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Jean characterization on 1960s, yes
    I cant blame her for being a little optimistic and easy going, she is going to balance Emma, Jean is the good cop and Emma the bad cop.

Maybe we need Madelyne to get the worst of Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I mean, if they were gonna go with controlling things from the shadows, they could have at least been half-competent, not rush into threatening the entire planet populated with antagonistic aliens.

But I'm going off-topic, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I cant blame her for being a little optimistic and easy going, she is going to balance Emma, Jean is the good cop and Emma the bad cop.

I already said it in another thread, I want Maddy to show up and get some revenge. Because she needs some revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post

Madelyne did nothing to jean. it was Emma that did bad things for Jean and should deserves all the fury

but Maddie is a nobody so everyone is ok with Jean trashing her.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    "Orgy coded"?
    We have a whole thread about Scott/Logan/Emma/Jean being possibly canon. There's a reason Iceman refers to Krakoa as an endless Mardi Gra, is all I'm saying.