Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    We have a whole thread about Scott/Logan/Emma/Jean being possibly canon. There's a reason Iceman refers to Krakoa as an endless Mardi Gra, is all I'm saying.
    Well, Mardi Gra is sort of a Christian holiday. So, as you can imagine, not much of a sex there. He might as well be thinking of constant parties. Not a good way to run a fledgling country but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Well, Mardi Gra is sort of a Christian holiday. So, as you can imagine, not much of a sex there. He might as well be thinking of constant parties. Not a good way to run a fledgling country but okay.
    Mardi Gra is also known as the time of copious alchohol. Things happen.

Mardi Gras is thought of for 1) New Orleans 2) **** and 3) Alcohol in that order.

yeah, everyone want to read sex into all things.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yeah, everyone want to read sex into all things.
    I mean, if X-Men had regular orgies on that island, that would be pretty f*cking awesome, but I doubt they're gonna make it into canon.

I mean, if X-Men had regular orgies on that island, that would be pretty f*cking awesome, but I doubt they're gonna make it into canon.
    I just think it is boring. culture is so sexualized all that time that when something tone it down everyone start to complain

I might be reading his run wrong but I don't see them as villains, atleast not yet. They haven't really done anything to deserve that title to me.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I might be reading his run wrong but I don't see them as villains, atleast not yet. They haven't really done anything to deserve that title to me.
    They're definitely villains. They're entirely self-interested and motivated only by what's in they're best interest. Xavier made that entirely clear to the entire human species with his little telepathic fireside chat. They are willing to hurt or kill other living beings to achieve they're self-interested agenda and they'll team up with anyone, no matter how vile to achieve it. About the only remotely heroic thing I've seen is the assault on the Orchis Forge and that was again a matter of self-interest. That said I can appreciate dying to protect others, which was certainly the case there.

If anything, Moira's lives should have showed her and Charles, there's no way out. At that point it's only a matter of how you meet that end. Hickman's evidently decided they'll do anything to last another five minutes. They both failed that test of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    They're definitely villains. They're entirely self-interested and motivated only by what's in they're best interest. Xavier made that entirely clear to the entire human species with his little telepathic fireside chat. They are willing to hurt or kill other living beings to achieve they're self-interested agenda and they'll team up with anyone, no matter how vile to achieve it. About the only remotely heroic thing I've seen is the assault on the Orchis Forge and that was again a matter of self-interest. That said I can appreciate dying to protect others, which was certainly the case there.

If anything, Moira's lives should have showed her and Charles, there's no way out. At that point it's only a matter of how you meet that end. Hickman's evidently decided they'll do anything to last another five minutes. They both failed that test of character.
    WOW!!

I am not sure how to talk about this. If you are facing the genocide of your people and there is little to no hope you should just submit and allow your people to purged from the Earth. It's ok to allow the humans to kill all of your children, your families, and your people. You should just let it happen because fighting for your survival is somehow "evil".

Fighting for the survival of your people is not evil, the people perpetuating the genocide are evil. They are the ones who have caused this.
    • The mutants have fled from the human perpetuated genocide!
    • They have founded a new nation where they can be safe from human persecution and rebuild their society and protect their children!
    • In an effort of appeasement to the humans the mutants have offered to sell highly valued medicines that the humans will want and asking only that the humans sign peace treaties with the new nation!
    • The Krakoan government is actively seeking peace with the human nations!
    • The Krakoan government is defending their people and saving any of their people who are imprisoned!
    • If the Earth faces a threat the Krakoan people will step up and assist!

The people who participate in the genocide of any people are evil, they are the most reprehensible form of life in the universe, and they all deserve to burn in hell. All the members of Orchis, Purifiers, Project Wideawake, Friends of Humanity, the Hound Program, all of these human beings are evil incarnate!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

??

The self-interest agency is not dying, blame them for fend themselves is the last thing that i can imagine. They had killed villains before so this isnt something new, they are pretty much reactive to an agressor and all the villains that want to go back to their old ways now know what awaits for them.

if there is something wrong, it will be something about the trinity or the villains but we need to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    ??

The self-interest agency is not dying, blame them for fend themselves is the last thing that i can imagine. They have kill before so this isnt something new, they are pretty much reactive to an agressor and all the villains that want to go back to their old ways now know what awaits for them.

if there is something wrong, it will be something about the trinity or the villains.
    How are you being reactive to an aggressor when you go to their country and assault their armed forces? That's called a war of aggression. A number of Germans were hung for that back in the 40's.

I think than that is a bit harsh, yes they are driven by (understandable) self-interest, but that doesn't automatically make then villains. So they are more like anti-heroes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

How are you being reactive to an aggressor when you go to their country and assault their armed forces? That's called a war of aggression. A number of Germans were hung for that back in the 40's.
    They react to agression towards Mutants.

A story were they break free a "so-called" innocent mutant only to discover that it really is a psychopath ?? cool idea that could explore the moral implications of what they are doing. Until then, they are liberating mutants that are persecuted only because they are mutants.

Lots of countries prepare strike force teams to retrieve people who have been imprisoned against their will.
    The X-Men rescued the mutant children from the Orchis facility.
    The Marauders rescued the mutant refugees from the Russian forces that were surrounding the portal.

This is working to free your people, and governments all over the world engage in missions like this to retrieve any of their people who are being held against their wills!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The weirdest thing to me is the change of view on Rosenberg's Uncanny X-men. Now it makes sense as to why the run was so depressing. Weird way to achieve the current status quo now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Lots of countries prepare strike force teams to retrieve people who have been imprisoned against their will.
    The X-Men rescued the mutant children from the Orchis facility.
    The Marauders rescued the mutant refugees from the Russian forces that were surrounding the portal.

This is working to free your people, and governments all over the world engage in missions like this to retrieve any of their people who are being held against their wills!
    I think part of the opposing view is the acknowledgment that the X-men are working more as a government and less as a superhero team. They may not be acting as super villains, but they don't seem to have a superhero team at the moment that will protect regular people. Nothing wrong with it, but it's definitely something to consider.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-26-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia