Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Not only he had inmunity: he was going to leave the country and repeat his deeds there, as far as I recall. She suicided. I read this story like... four years ago? By chance, funny enough. I don't remember the whole issue perfectly, tbh, but I remember the whole story feeling very hopeless. Batman failed to stop the guy, who was going to run scot-free and repeat his actions upon other victims somewhere else, far away. And Jason coudln't help a victim that chose death over living with the sword of her abuser and rapist over her neck. I bet it was Starlin setting up the whole tone of A Death in the Family, with Bruce failing to save the victim, or really stopping the perpetrator; and Jason acting by his own, overwhelmed by all, and also finding a bad end, so to speak.

I added bolding. And that's the part that drives me batty. It's completely inconsistent with the story from one month before where Bruce followed someone across the globe to make sure he didn't escape because of diplomatic immunity.

It's been a while, so I apologize for any faulty memories of mine, but didn't Bruce actually treat getting the guy sent away as a sort of mixed victory instead of a defeat? It's interesting, because without any interviews or knowing what was coming later, I'd think we were supposed to sympathize with Jason, though not agree with him. Later it appeared we were supposed to vilify him. The serial killer and the woman who killed him is another one that made no sense to me - I don't see how she gets in legal trouble for that.

Also, for another example on Jason - he got very punishing towards the pimp who was assaulting the prostitute. Jason does not like that kind of violence. Though, to be absolutely fair, in the real world, someone can punish others harshly for things they do themselves. But that doesn't usually fly in fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Being deaged isn't worse than a kid getting shipped with multiple people. How is it?

Also if Damian was born the same year that Tim became Robin then Tim's about to get all those years back
    I was talking about being deaged and stuck in the early teens for ten years versus being a teenager around the 16 mark for, what, 20 years already? And iirc, Tim has been shipped with more girls, even if Steph is the one people remembers. He is an archetypical teen hero: that sort of thing tends to happen to them. Same as how Damian is a kid hero, despite being already 12 or 13, because the writers and some fans think of him as one (which is the reason he's not going to have a clear and plain love interest for a while I think).

Sorry for my multiple posts, guys. I'm using my tablet and I can't do multiple quotes because my settings.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-05-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Same as how Damian is a kid hero, despite being already 12 or 13, because the writers and some fans think of him as one (which is the reason he's not going to have a clear and plain love interest for a while I think).
    Except almost none of the heroes had clear and plain love interests at 12/13. Youngest I know with a consistent one was Tim, and I think the was 14 (might have been 13). Cassie didn't at 14. Roy didn't. Wally didn't. Dick didn't.

I do however, think they basically kept Damian exactly the same as he was at 10 (because he was popular), just called him 13 so he could be on Teen Titans. For me what bugs is him not being physically larger. I like gradual aging over jumps, too, especially if everyone isn't going to age. But a 13-year-old not having love interest is extremely typical - it is the norm for the comics so far.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-05-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I added bolding. And that's the part that drives me batty. It's completely inconsistent with the story from one month before where Bruce followed someone across the globe to make sure he didn't escape because of diplomatic immunity.

It's been a while, so I apologize for any faulty memories of mine, but didn't Bruce actually treat getting the guy sent away as a sort of mixed victory instead of a defeat? It's interesting, because without any interviews or knowing what was coming later, I'd think we were supposed to sympathize with Jason, though not agree with him. Later it appeared we were supposed to vilify him. The serial killer and the woman who killed him is another one that made no sense to me - I don't see how she gets in legal trouble for that.

Also, for another example on Jason - he got very punishing towards the pimp who was assaulting the prostitute. Jason does not like that kind of violence. Though, to be absolutely fair, in the real world, someone can punish others harshly for things they do themselves. But that doesn't usually fly in fiction.
    As I said, I read that issue by sheer luck and I can't remember many details, but there was definitely some sort of shifting at the time. The Cult, a mini that was released barely two or three months before ADitF, showed a Jason notabily less driven by his passions and emotions. I'm going to guess that that book was written ahead of the regular runs of Tec and Batman, and in the middle they decided to change how they were going to go with him in the book. I remember reading that they weighed the idea of an AIDS storyline for him (a topic that was in the news in the 80's as far as I recal from my childhood). So maybe any inconsistences are reflections of changing directions. I haven't read the other stories that you mention, so I can't say.

About Damian, maybe not in fiction, but I think that in real life kids start to have boy and girlfriends at that age(12-13). No sex (obviously) or maybe not even kisses, but it's a more "real" thing. As far as I recall from experience.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-05-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Haven't read beyond page 1, but are there any other characters, boys or girls, Damian's age in DC at this time without creating new characters (which is kind of the last thing we need right now, cluttering Gotham up with more Bat-people)?
    Colin Wilkes and Maps Mizoguchi(sp?). There's also Suren.

I'd like them to bring Colin back into Damian's life in general, though, as Colin was Damian's OG male best friend before Jon. That said, I also have no issue with new characters, Bat-related or otherwise.

It'd be really nice if they brought Colin back. Especially with Jon mostly gone now and Maya forgotten by everyone but Tomasi. Y'all talkin about girlfriends or boyfriends but with the **** he's been dealing with lately, Damian could use any kind of friend right now lol

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It'd be really nice if they brought Colin back. Especially with Jon mostly gone now and Maya forgotten by everyone but Tomasi. Y'all talkin about girlfriends or boyfriends but with the **** he's been dealing with lately, Damian could use any kind of friend right now lol
    Maya was mentioned in Terrifics. She and Kathy built their own Fortress of solitude. Boyzarro was also featured in the same issue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Maya was mentioned in Terrifics. She and Kathy built their own Fortress of solitude. Boyzarro was also featured in the same issue
    Just mentioned, so mabey she not gone, i expected with Tomasi in marvel to never see her again

Quote Originally Posted by cpsparkles View Post
    maya was mentioned in terrifics. She and kathy built their own fortress of solitude. Boyzarro was also featured in the same issue
    whhhhhatttttt? MAYA WAS MENTIONED?? Really???
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-22-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    whhhhhatttttt? MAYA WAS MENTIONED?? Really???
    Yep. Boyzarro, Robzarro, Kathy, and Maya have made their own little fortress since we last saw them. Though Bizarro (the non-Red Hood and the Outlaws one) tried to manipulate his son into betraying his friends.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. Boyzarro, Robzarro, Kathy, and Maya have made their own little fortress since we last saw them. Though Bizarro (the non-Red Hood and the Outlaws one) tried to manipulate his son into betraying his friends.
    I need to go read Terrifics I think my sister has the first volume.

All-New Member

He is too young

I couldn't care less about girlfriends and boyfriends in comics, but like they said, he is too young.

All-New Member

Ya that right