Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why DC doesn´t want to give Damian Wayne a girlfriend?

Most of the bat family has/had a mate, most of the bat family has or had an iconic love interest... but Damian doesn´t yet. DC insists in giving him love interests (Emiko, nobody, this lesbian genius loli Djinn, Supergirl, Stephanie Brown and that one from Battle for the Cowl), but nothing ever happens. Even Djinn came out as a lesbian and Damian loses this race against lesbian edgy Lobo´s Daughter Crush.

Why this happens?

He's a child.

BANNED

He has 13 years in Rebirth, Tim Drake had a girlfriend at his age.

I kinda felt they were going in that direction with Maya Ducard but it never went anywhere.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

He is annoying.

Its only a matter of time before he does get a girlfriend I think.

Damian getting a girlfriend could be played for laughs I think and be quite funny. Might be a wee while before he gets a 'main' love interest like Tim or Dick though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    He has 13 years in Rebirth, Tim Drake had a girlfriend at his age.
    I thought Tim was 14 when he met Ariana (or was it before his six-month training)? And Dick, of course, didn't get an actual girlfriend until college, though he did date before that. In both cases, as I recall, it was when they started having more solo stories - Dick in 'Tec, and Tim in his minis, and into his own series. In any event, Damian is still very young. Iconic love interests can come later. Dick didn't get an iconic one until either 19 with Kory (Barbara later retconned into more importance in youth, but they kissed once (in a fanservice-no-real-meaning-way and never went on a date and that didn't happen until he was 18 when reading real-time). Tim was 15 when he started dating Steph. Jason's trickier, for having been dead for a while. And Cass still hasn't had a really important love interest - certainly no-one iconic.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-26-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I thought Tim was 14 when he met Ariana (or was it before his six-month training)? And Dick, of course, didn't get an actual girlfriend until college, though he did date before that. In both cases, as I recall, it was when they started having more solo stories - Dick in 'Tec, and Tim in his minis, and into his own series. In any event, Damian is still very young. Iconic love interests can come later. Dick didn't get an iconic one until 19 with Kory. Tim 15 with Steph.
    Is 13/14 even that young when it comes to getting girlfriends or boyfriends? Doesn't seem that young to me - but maybe thats a cultural thing. In my school atleast relationships at that age were super common.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Is 13/14 even that young when it comes to getting girlfriends or boyfriends? Doesn't seem that young to me - but maybe thats a cultural thing. In my school atleast relationships at that age were super common.
    No. Boyfriends are girlfriends are common enough at 11/12. We even claim them at 8, though it's really meaningless then. Though, of course, they don't last long enough to become iconic, generally speaking. The point I'm making is when it's used as a storyline or appears in a comic, it generally happens with the 15+ crowd.

I am still annoyed with Damian still being drawn looking 10 instead of 13 (and not getting taller), and with de-aging of other Bats, so I could understand the frustration if it was him "not growing up." But this seems to be acting as though he's being treated lesser on the Bat-scale for not having a girlfriend, and I don't think he is. None of them had serious love interests at that age. It's just typical.

He's still young and fairly emotionally stunted when it comes to relationships and interacting with people. On-top of his abrasive attitude and personality, as well as his strict upbringing and characterization, I don't think it's surprising he hasn't had an explicit (minus some teasing, obviously) love interest.

Lightbulb

After the Judas Contract animated movie, I ship Damian with Raven. Due to that option being impossible (at least improbable) in DC Prime maybe they should put him with Jon at some future point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It's my opinion that DC is holding off on giving Damian a girlfriend because they plan to do something else with him. One thing the batfamily lacks in this modern day and age is sufficient LGBT+ representation. It's quite possible the Damian will be that person for the Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    After the Judas Contract animated movie, I ship Damian with Raven. Due to that option being impossible (at least improbable) in DC Prime maybe they should put him with Jon at some future point.
    I'll be honest, somewhat liked it at the time, have since grown to hate it. And not even sure how I feel on the Gar/Raven thing that's incredibly prominent. Though, in Teen Titans (animated series) fanfics, I sometimes see Jason (as Red X) with Raven. Take that how you will.

BANNED

Lacks? Dude! (Or gal), literally they have two lesbians (Batwoman and Harper Row), I don´t like none of those two, but they exists. Damian is straight, it´d be so against character making gay or bi. I hope that never happens.

BANNED

So you support industries betraying characters and fandom? Interesting.