Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    He has 13 years in Rebirth, Tim Drake had a girlfriend at his age.
    He was 10
    Having a gf means commitments which dc won’t do today

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Literally DC has shown us in different comics love interests he had, read more comics. He liked Supergirl, liked Stephanie Brown, he thought Rose Wilson Ravager is hot (Deathstroke comics Rebirth), he likes Djinn, and so. Even in animated movies with him clearly liking Raven. Stop denying facts.
    being friendly doesn't equal like like, Damian hasn't given any indication that he likes/fancies any of the girls mentioned. Some are fond of him Djinn and Kara in Injustice, Some he was teased about Kara in main comics, Raven he gets along with and likes but nothing more than platonic like so far, Steph he gets along with, Rose he think's she's hot but that doesn't mean he wants to date her. He has never expressed romantic feelings for a girl or boy

Damian is a blank slate until a writer decides to fill in the blanks.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 10-26-2019 at 06:41 PM.

BANNED

Friendly? Damian? Are you serious? Damian gave TOO MUCH indication he likes girls I´ve mentioned. Romantic feelings he has expressed to Djinn...

Literally DC has shown us in different comics love interests he had, read more comics. He liked Supergirl, liked Stephanie Brown, he thought Rose Wilson Ravager is hot (Deathstroke comics Rebirth), he likes Djinn, and so. Even in animated movies with him clearly liking Raven. Stop denying facts.
    Those are not love interests to me.

Love interests it doesn´t mean girlfriend or lover, it means he liked someone, or someone liked him...
    Far broader definition than I would use.

In terms of a comic or show, a love interest to me is a character there was a setup with - a mutual crush, some dating (one date counts if it's a guest character who goes away, but not if it's a blind date and no mutual interest arises), a kiss counts if it's not an "excuse" kiss (we're kissing to avoid being caught by person we're tailing, etc.).

Damian is straight? What an odd blanket statement to make. He's 13. And fictional.
    13 years olds have hormones and attraction, and some people do know they are gay or straight by then. Fictional characters do have sexual orientations - those can change if writers want them to, but they do have them. I don't like them being retconned, myself - the longer the character was around beforehand, the more annoying it is. So far, my understanding is that Damian has expressed attraction to females and not males. I mean, I haven't read much TT, but I understood word of God was he was crushing on Emiko, so I assume it made it in. If it did, then canonically he's straight at this point. Could he discover he's bi or gay later - sure. But right now, there's zero indication of that, as far as I know.

Ages are all wonky now - Steph and especially Raven should be way too old for him (I simply could not read Raven and Gar as Damian's peers - breaks my brain so I read like two issues). Even with a three-year gap, it's too much for them dating at his age. But crushes on people too old for one's self are quite typical for people who haven't grown up yet. Though the 20 year old who barely knows the 14 crushing on him/her exists (or pretends to not notice crush, which I think Guardian did with Serling?) is not a love interest to me.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-26-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Good point. Nobody in fact or fiction ever liked a girl when he was 10 and then turned around and liked a boy at any point in his future. That would be a BETRAYAL! Dang social justice warriors!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Damian had a crush on Emiko during their first interactions, the writer on an interview said so
    It's also implied during the Dick Bats era that he's implied to have a crush on older, strong women like Katana and Supergirl. At least, Dick teased him about it.
    When Tony Daniel wrote him in Battle for The Cowl, he stole a Batmobile to take an older girl on a joy ride, but I don't talk about Damian in that story.

Also, just an addition, even though he's canonically thirteen, I think writers largely still see him as a child, so that's why there's been no romance. His main status quo and most recognizable feature are being a brat. That lowers his maturity by default and makes a lot of people can't see him having a romance.

Damian has a personality crises. Love him or hate him, you can't deny his overpowering demeanour. DC probably does not want to lose that about Damian and giving him a girlfriend could. Look at Batman, he is very different when he is with Catwoman. Batman is softer. Catwoman has him whipped.

Friendly? Damian? Are you serious? Damian gave TOO MUCH indication he likes girls I´ve mentioned. Romantic feelings he has expressed to Djinn...
    What issue did he express those feelings for Djinn then? Damian if anything doesn't even seem to still get that Djinn is coming on to him until the preview for nxt issue. Remember when Crush was chewing him out for hurting Djinn and not caring about her feelings [after the prison was revealed to the Team?] Damian's response, whose feeling's?

There's 3 girls on that team and he needed more info to understand + Djinn was right there nxt to him almost in tears.

Damian in Lil Gotham bought flowers for Colin. That could be considered a romantic gesture. I guess that could be interpreted as he has feelings for Colin.

I don't think he has those type of feelings for Colin but you see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Damian had a crush on Emiko during their first interactions, the writer on an interview said so
    It's also implied during the Dick Bats era that he's implied to have a crush on older, strong women like Katana and Supergirl. At least, Dick teased him about it.
    When Tony Daniel wrote him in Battle for The Cowl, he stole a Batmobile to take an older girl on a joy ride, but I don't talk about Damian in that story.

Also, just an addition, even though he's canonically thirteen, I think writers largely still see him as a child, so that's why there's been no romance. His main status quo and most recognizable feature are being a brat. That lowers his maturity by default and makes a lot of people can't see him having a romance.
    Percy said he was considering Damian having a crush on Emi and that leads him to ask her to join but in the issue it turned out that he had been observing her and thought she was a good addition so her ability led him to invite her. He did blush when she gave him a peck.

I'm surprised that so many possible love interests and hints have been linked to a a teen who isn't sociable, thinks too much about the mission likes animals better than people and sleeps combat ready and half alert.

I don't think he's there yet and I hope they hold off before having him deal with romantic feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Damian is destined to be with Maps btw
    Hell Yes!

Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 10-27-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    Hell Yes!

Maps is in limbo until the cow makes a Gotham academy show to replace riverdale

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Maps is in limbo until the cow makes a Gotham academy show to replace riverdale
    I would love an animated Gotham Academy show based on the comic

Spectacular Member

Even if Damian's emotionally mature to try having a girlfriend currently, I don't think there's a of choices of female characters his age to choose from in the current DCU. They'd probably have to create a new character if they want to go that direction.

Does Damian really need some purse-like female character to go around him like his romantic interest?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Only three girls I can think of that would be Damian's age, outside of Maps, would be Hal Jordan's neice Helen, but she's in limbo, Walley's daughter Iris, who may or may not be coming back, and Roy Harper's daughter Lian, who is maybe in limbo maybe not, I don't know.

Helen could be interesting if you kept her abilities from the Specter to see ghosts and maybe some reality warping powers and have them dealing with Bruce and Hal's weird relationship.

Iris was going to have a crush on him in the All-Star series (or was it Young justice) when there was going to be that Young justice series and the two were going to be team mates including her pulling him onto the dance floor to dance at some point at the end of the first issue.

Lian could be fun based on the Bat Arrow relationship and Lian could be as strong as her dad, the whole, your mom is a bad guy like mine, and the fact that both have connections to the titans, etc.