Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    Even if Damian's emotionally mature to try having a girlfriend currently, I don't think there's a of choices of female characters his age to choose from in the current DCU. They'd probably have to create a new character if they want to go that direction.
    If it’s a new person the. It won’t last they will die anytime a writer doesn’t like her

I hope see one future damian girlfriend soon...

MAYA WAS PERFECT. But Gleason is not here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

aya was more like a sister than a potential gf

Then maybe MAPS was the perfect option..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Maya was 15?

Yeeeeeah I'd prefer they never try to go that route with Maya. Even before she declared herself Damian's "sister", I wasn't really feeling the idea of those two being any more than friends.

I do like his relationship with Djinn (though, when you really think about it, him being a child and her being over 4,000 years old is kinda...weird) but I'm pretty sure that won't end well even if it does end up happening. I don't know enough about Maps to know if that would be a good idea (tbh, I thought Gotham Academy was set outside of the main universe) but she seems really fun and like she'd be a nice counter to Damian's personality.

It could work in an "opposites attract" kind of way. And honestly...that's the only kind of person I could see Damian not only being with but being happy with. Someone who's not all somber and serious like he is most of the time. It's why I really hated the shipteasing with him and Raven in those animated movies (aside from me being a shameless BBRae shipper lol). Like...yeah they can probably relate to each other because of their bad childhoods and evil relatives...but every time I think of those two as a thing, I just see them slowly making each other miserable. They're both the kind of characters who probably shouldn't be with people who are just like them.

That said, I'd honestly prefer DC not explore this character's love life any further than they already have. At least not yet. Let's see where he's at when Leviathan, Teen Titans, and this current Batman run are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Maya was 15?
    That's actually another reason I didn't want those two together. I don't know how old she is but when Damian was 10, Maya already looked like a teenager. There's gotta be at least a three year gap between them.

Yeah, you can see how Maya would react to a Damian romance in the Bizarro Boyz arc in Superman Rebirth.

BizBoyz.jpg

BANNED

People, despite his age, Damian literally acts like an adult and don´t forget he knows more things than most kids, HE IS NOT A NORMAL KID. NEVER WAS. He´s never gonna change that, he´ll have 20 and still act like right now and mostlly things. He has more experience than most kids, only thing he misses is being a normal kid.

But he’s not an adult and normal things are alien to him. That’s always been part of the dichotomy of Damian’s character. He thinks he is more of an adult then he actually is.

Pretty much. In his never ending quest to be the most mature one in the room, he often only succeeds in making himself look even more childish. Which, funny enough, can be part of his charm.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    People, despite his age, Damian literally acts like an adult and don´t forget he knows more things than most kids, HE IS NOT A NORMAL KID. NEVER WAS. He´s never gonna change that, he´ll have 20 and still act like right now and mostlly things. He has more experience than most kids, only thing he misses is being a normal kid.
    that why I felt Djinn was a perfect choice, untill Crush entered the scene

I honestly don't think he acts like an adult. He's quite undeveloped in certain areas, mostly emotional, empathic and situational ones. I've taught children younger than 13 that are more mature than what I've seen of him in Teen Titans or Supersons (for mentioning a few recent books). They're not the most, but definitely, he's his age in a lot of ways, or even less mature. He's just adult-lookalike more than actually mature when he deals with his vigilante business, and not even in every one of them, because sometimes, even in those, he still acts like a child or a pre-teen. Or, well, he's mature sometimes, like when he's the absolute hero who couldn't do anything wrong. Which is something that a looot of teen or kid heroes can suffer of. But usually, when he's well written, or at least I think he is, behaving like an actual pre-teen or a child is part of his character.

Which, for me, is a plus and makes me feel sympathy for him.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-29-2019 at 06:57 PM.

I feel he's to young especially emotionally.

Damian and Kara relationship in the Injustice Universe was a surprise and one of the best story arcs in the run. I want to see more of that. Such charming and emotional back and forth.

The ease of their flirtations.

Tom Taylor handled it beautifully. You don't see it coming but you watch it develop and it warms your heart.

Incredible Member

Damian is still young enough to think girls are gross and romance is a waste of time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Damian is still young enough to think girls are gross and romance is a waste of time.
    except he desnt think girls are gross, he just burries himself in his work
    like his father