Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Lacks? Dude! (Or gal), literally they have two lesbians (Batwoman and Harper Row), I don´t like none of those two, but they exists. Damian is straight, it´d be so against character making gay or bi. I hope that never happens.
    For one, Harper's Bi. Then there's the reality that she's pretty much in limbo, and even when she wasn't, romance and love weren't part of the stories she was. Her brother's sexuality was more relevant then hers was. Batwoman is a lesbian, but in addition to how she comes in and out of prominence, she doesn't have any present, consistent love interests of her own (outside the occasional flashbacks to random story-relevant flames from times gone by, outside of whom her sexuality may as well not even factor).

That shouldn't constitute as "enough", especially given the context and circumstance of those two characters. Notably, the Bat-verse has no prominent male LGBT+ representation. While I'm not sure they'would consider going in this direction, all things considered, eventually developing Damian as bi or poly would be an interesting direction to take.

And anyway, it's not the big thing to give him a love interest and a serious romance plot, honestly. That idea, the notion that teens no matter how young must have some romance subplot (or just the habit of writers to obligatorily insert such plots in any old story in general) is why obligatory romance plots tend to litter works, regardless of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Lacks? Dude! (Or gal), literally they have two lesbians (Batwoman and Harper Row), I don´t like none of those two, but they exists. Damian is straight, it´d be so against character making gay or bi. I hope that never happens.
    It wouldn't be a route I'd go down for him, personally, but there's not really anything to suggest that he isn't bi, if a writer were to ever explore that. Just...not with Jon, please. We don't need to embolden tumblr even more.

Astonishing Member

Not every character needs a love interest. Damian is one of those characters who doesn't need one. I don't see Damian being in a positive relationship with any girlfriend unless DC gives him major character developments.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Not every character needs a love interest. Damian is one of those characters who doesn't need one. I don't see Damian being in a positive relationship with any girlfriend unless DC gives him major character developments.
    Lets hope they don't think like you. Damian doesn't need any character development for a girlfriend just some years.

Damian is a talented, teen with a poor personality, doesn't give a **** attitude, a posh accent and doesn't seem like he's ever interested in what you think but he is.

I want that kept when he gets a love interest.

The Bat family is lacking in Male LBGT representation for I'm all down for a Gay Robin. He did send Abuse flowers that one time
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-30-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm...kind of inclined to agree

Sure Damian's age is also a potential issue but his personality is an even bigger one. I'd argue his father is the same way and was INCREDIBLY lucky to have found someone who's as willing to put up with his **** as Selina is.

Any romantic relationship Damian enters, the way he is now, is likely doomed to fail. Then again, there was a time when I thought him making friends was almost impossible and now he's got...four....maybe five? So who knows? Maybe he lucks out and finds his own Selina. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    For one, Harper's Bi. Then there's the reality that she's pretty much in limbo, and even when she wasn't, romance and love weren't part of the stories she was. Her brother's sexuality was more relevant then hers was. Batwoman is a lesbian, but in addition to how she comes in and out of prominence, she doesn't have any present, consistent love interests of her own (outside the occasional flashbacks to random story-relevant flames from times gone by, outside of whom her sexuality may as well not even factor).
    Renee Montoya and Maggie Sawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm...kind of inclined to agree

Sure Damian's age is also a potential issue but his personality is an even bigger one. I'd argue his father is the same way and was INCREDIBLY lucky to have found someone who's as willing to put up with his **** as Selina is.

Any romantic relationship Damian enters, the way he is now, is likely doomed to fail. Then again, there was a time when I thought him making friends was almost impossible and now he's got...four....maybe five? So who knows? Maybe he lucks out and finds his own Selina. Maybe not.
    I mean, even as emotionally stunted as Bruce can be I think he grew up in such a way where he's better able to handle and understand the opposite sex then Damian is. Which is why he's had so many love interests (and failed relationships, I guess).

It would be kind of hilarious if Damian fell for a teen Talia .

If they age Damian up in 5g he will probably end up with a love interest. I liked Damian with Mari but I wouldnt be too keen on it if their was a massive age gap between them. Bringing her into the main timeline through 5g could be cool.

Infact in general i'm really wondering what Damian's role in 5g will be, if the Batman mantle is taken - maybe nightwing? or his own new identity?

Censorship Sucks

I don't really care about him having a girlfriend. Personally, I hope they age him into his late teenage years and have him go join the legion. Naw, that would be a silly idea.

Fantastic Member

If they are going to give him a Girlfriend or develop that part of his character its probably going to happen in Teen Titans. That's what that book is known for. Many relationships in the DC Universe start in that book. One of the characters on the team has a crush on him. But, both of them don't really know how to act on it because they never been in a relationship before.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    I don't really care about him having a girlfriend. Personally, I hope they age him into his late teenage years and have him go join the legion. Naw, that would be a silly idea.
    Oh! And then a short time later, pop back up in the present, older than even Dick is, and take the mantle of Batman while Bruce becomes a politician and publicly announces his secret identity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Renee Montoya and Maggie Sawyer.
    Not sure how consistent either of these two are as love-interests and romantic/sexual partners for Batwoman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not sure how consistent either of these two are as love-interests and romantic/sexual partners for Batwoman, though.
    Renee is Kate's main, and most consistent, GF. Though Maggie seems to be her main GF in the Bombshells universe, from I've read of it so far. There was also Safiyah, in flashbacks before Kate was Batwoman, but she's a baddie so...

As for Damian, he's a kid, so IMHO not fussed if he has a GF/BF or not.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Renee is Kate's main, and most consistent, GF. Though Maggie seems to be her main GF in the Bombshells universe, from I've read of it so far. There was also Safiyah, in flashbacks before Kate was Batwoman, but she's a baddie so...

As for Damian, he's a kid, so IMHO not fussed if he has a GF/BF or not.
    Agreed, some people are taking this way too seriously (both if he should have a romantic partner and his "established" sexuality).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'd say that's what happens when characters become teenagers, but people have been shipping this poor kid with everything under the sun for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'd say that's what happens when characters become teenagers, but people have been shipping this poor kid with everything under the sun for years.
    Tim has been stuck and deaged for longer, so, hey, it could be worse. Heck, Jason is still probably just barely above 20 now, even if everyone decidss to just ignore that and pretend he's older. Steph, too, suffered that neverending teenagerness.