Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Tim has been stuck and deaged for longer, so, hey, it could be worse. Heck, Jason is still probably just barely above 20 now, even if everyone decidss to just ignore that and pretend he's older. Steph, too, suffered that neverending teenagerness.
    Does Batman or Catwoman ever get younger? Or just prevented from ageing? Because with the exception of Damian, who was aged-up, the rest of the Bat-Family seem to get younger or eternally paused. I know Babs has been de-aged. And Kate was introduced as 32, but is now 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Does Batman or Catwoman ever get younger? Or just prevented from ageing? Because with the exception of Damian, who was aged-up, the rest of the Bat-Family seem to get younger or eternally paused. I know Babs has been de-aged. And Kate was introduced as 32, but is now 27.
    Tim I know has the "Ash Ketchum Syndrome" of never aging, and while many of the others have been de-aged, I almost want to say that Jason has remained largely the same (age-wise, at least) since pre-Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Tim has been stuck and deaged for longer, so, hey, it could be worse. Heck, Jason is still probably just barely above 20 now, even if everyone decidss to just ignore that and pretend he's older. Steph, too, suffered that neverending teenagerness.
    Being deaged isn't worse than a kid getting shipped with multiple people. How is it?

Also if Damian was born the same year that Tim became Robin then Tim's about to get all those years back
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-05-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Haven't read beyond page 1, but are there any other characters, boys or girls, Damian's age in DC at this time without creating new characters (which is kind of the last thing we need right now, cluttering Gotham up with more Bat-people)?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Haven't read beyond page 1, but are there any other characters, boys or girls, Damian's age in DC at this time without creating new characters (which is kind of the last thing we need right now, cluttering Gotham up with more Bat-people)?
    There are a few but I don't think Damian is ready. I don't think he needs a girl friend just yet.

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oh! And then a short time later, pop back up in the present, older than even Dick is, and take the mantle of Batman while Bruce becomes a politician and publicly announces his secret identity.
    You sir, have GREAT ideas haha ugh

Censorship Sucks

He has a short temper...I could see him being a wife beater. Not sure that is a road we want to go down. Who was it in Marvel comics who did that, Antman or something? Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    He has a short temper...I could see him being a wife beater. Not sure that is a road we want to go down. Who was it in Marvel comics who did that, Antman or something? Not cool.
    Damian? No. I don't see him doing that.

Tim I know has the "Ash Ketchum Syndrome" of never aging, and while many of the others have been de-aged, I almost want to say that Jason has remained largely the same (age-wise, at least) since pre-Flashpoint.
    Has he? He was a weird case to start - he should have been Tim's age, since he was said to be in 7th grade shortly before he died (and he was an A student - not held back) and Tim was 13 when introduced a few months after Jason died. But they said he was two years older than Tim and 15 when he died (which, to be fair, there were references to Dick being both 20 and 22 in a short time frame in 1986-1986, but Lian didn't age at all, so not sure there). Then late post-COIE said Dick was 21 in Nightwing: Year One, which was just bonkers. And Barbara was de-aged, as well. Then N52 came, and Tim especially Dick and Barbara lost a lot of years. I guess Jason is perpetually 18/19? To split the difference in Tim and Dick? I'd thought Tim had turned 18 when Damian went 13, since college came up, but apparently not (not actually reading Batbooks, so just trying to figure things out from comments). All in service of keeping Bruce young. But then aged up Damain for Teen Titans. With Dick's peers - it was brain-breaking for me.

So, if Jason is still 18/19ish, do we know how old Artemis is in Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Has he? He was a weird case to start - he should have been Tim's age, since he was said to be in 7th grade shortly before he died (and he was an A student - not held back) and Tim was 13 when introduced a few months after Jason died. But they said he was two years older than Tim and 15 when he died (which, to be fair, there were references to Dick being both 20 and 22 in a short time frame in 1986-1986, but Lian didn't age at all, so not sure there). Then late post-COIE said Dick was 21 in Nightwing: Year One, which was just bonkers. And Barbara was de-aged, as well. Then N52 came, and Tim especially Dick and Barbara lost a lot of years. I guess Jason is perpetually 18/19? To split the difference in Tim and Dick? I'd thought Tim had turned 18 when Damian went 13, since college came up, but apparently not (not actually reading Batbooks, so just trying to figure things out from comments). All in service of keeping Bruce young. But then aged up Damain for Teen Titans. With Dick's peers - it was brain-breaking for me.

So, if Jason is still 18/19ish, do we know how old Artemis is in Prime?
    Well, Jason's time with Roy and Starfire is still canonical (one of the few New52 things to remain), so that on top of however long his training after coming back to life was, plus Under the Red Hood, I'd say Jason is maybe 20-21?

Artemis? Yeah, I don't know. A bit older than Jason, at the very least. More than that, don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    Er....no. Damian's an ******* but he's honorable. I couldn't see a single member of the Batfam, not even Jason on his worst day, stooping that low.

Well, Jason's time with Roy and Starfire is still canonical (one of the few New52 things to remain), so that on top of however long his training after coming back to life was, plus Under the Red Hood, I'd say Jason is maybe 20-21?
    Dick was 21 when we started - did he get bumped up to 24 when Damian aged?

Er....no. Damian's an ******* but he's honorable. I couldn't see a single member of the Batfam, not even Jason on his worst day, stooping that low.
    Same here. If I did pick a member, it would be Bruce himself.

Well, younger in the reboot, of course. Selina said she was 23. Which Dick was 21. Yeah. Doesn't work for me. Of course, what I saw of N52, Selina's characterization didn't work for me.

Anyway, I'm fine with Damian not having a girlfriend at this point in time. He is of an age to start dating, but I'm not sure if he ever has the opportunity to meet anyone outside the hero-world. He was at Jon's school, but I don't know if he still is. And he's not the best at connecting to ordinary people. I'd like to see him hang with the Gotham Academy crew or Maya again (platonically), but that seems a lost cause. He can date inside the hero world, of course, but I do get kinda sad it seems like no one has civilians in their lives anymore. I'd like to have some sense of Damian at least having a bit of normalcy and exposure to that world even if, like Dick, most of his besties come from within the cape community.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Why Jason?
    The very story leading up to his death, pre-Flashpoint at least, was him and Bruce tracking down a rapist. The victim ended up dying (suicide, I believe), which hit Jason pretty hard. To the point, he ditched Bruce (both were in costume) and went after the rapist (had diplomatic immunity). By the time Bruce got there, the rapist had fallen to his death, with Jason looking on.

Whether or not Jason pushed him or not has been up in the air since, but Jason is probably the least likely to abuse anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Dick was 21 when we started - did he get bumped up to 24 when Damian aged?
    They wrote him being 25 in that fill in issue of the Rebirth run, a year and half or so ago (I think it was the one with Wally?). And it's been implied he's older than 21: he was im college in that flashback during the Judge story arc (I think), and at that time, a kiddy Jason was messaging him to his phone about where the toilet paper rolls were, iirc (which means he has just started to live in the manor, probably). I would say that Dick's been implied to be 23 or even 25 for a year or more now.

Aazh or Restingvoice probably know better how old he's supposed to be, more or less, at this point.

Logically, Jason should be over 21 now, but... We don't have any age for him since Rebirth started, and we don't have some other info that would help figuring out. We just know that he was 19 during New 52, as far as I know. I think he was implied to be 23 or 24 pre-FP, with Dick almost reaching 29-30.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-05-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Why Jason?
    The very story leading up to his death, pre-Flashpoint at least, was him and Bruce tracking down a rapist. The victim ended up dying (suicide, I believe), which hit Jason pretty hard. To the point, he ditched Bruce (both were in costume) and went after the rapist (had diplomatic immunity). By the time Bruce got there, the rapist had fallen to his death, with Jason looking on.

Whether or not Jason pushed him or not has been up in the air since, but Jason is probably the least likely to abuse anyone.
    Not only he had inmunity: he was going to leave the country and repeat his deeds there, as far as I recall. She suicided. I read this story like... four years ago? By chance, funny enough. I don't remember the whole issue perfectly, tbh, but I remember the whole story feeling very hopeless. Batman failed to stop the guy, who was going to run scot-free and repeat his actions upon other victims somewhere else, far away. And Jason coudln't help a victim that chose death over living with the sword of her abuser and rapist over her neck. I bet it was Starlin setting up the whole tone of A Death in the Family, with Bruce failing to save the victim, or really stopping the perpetrator; and Jason acting by his own, overwhelmed by all, and also finding a bad end, so to speak.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-05-2019 at 06:31 PM.