BANNED

Default Best Jason Todd love interests, friends and villains?

Thatīs it. No unnecessary details.

Friends? Artemis, Biz, and Su Sisters.
    Villains? Joker, Untitled, (sometimes) Bruce.
    Love Interests? That's a tricky one. Half the girls he's been with he's had a semi-antagonistic relationship with (Rose, Essence, etc). The others, float between friends and LIs (Isabella, Artemis, and flirted with Babs and Supergirl).

IMO

Best Friend - Artemis

Biggest Enemy - Joker

Top Love Interest - ??? (none honestly stand out)
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I liked him being friends with Trucker hat Roy
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Love Interest: Isabel
    Best Friend: Roy
    Villain: He lacks a memorable villain on his own, unfortunately.

Man, what a brutal takedown
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I liked him being friends with Trucker hat Roy
    I'm not against it personally, but a lot of older fans, going back to the New Teen Titans and before, don't like it. Believing it takes away from Dick and Roy.

Definitely the majority won't agree, but I always liked what Jason had going on before the end of Post-Crisis DCU. During his time with Challengers from Beyond, he seemed to be friendly with both Harley Quinn & Holly Robinson and had a (possible?) love interest in Donna Troy.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Best friends? Artemis & Biz
    Best love interest? Isabel by default since the rest happened either off screen (Essence, Rose) or aren’t official (Artemis)
    Best Villains? The Untitled & Black Mask

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely the majority won't agree, but I always liked what Jason had going on before the end of Post-Crisis DCU. During his time with Challengers from Beyond, he seemed to be friendly with both Harley Quinn & Holly Robinson and had a (possible?) love interest in Donna Troy.
    I think there was some potential there but unfortunately didn’t feel it was executed particularly well. Wouldn’t mind some of the Challengers from Beyond stuff to be revisited and expanded upon in the current DC stuff though.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Final Crisis meant Countdown needed to torch everything it had achieved so it wouldn't become an obstacle for Morrison's story.

Pre-Flashpoint Jason was a psychotic murderer that would stab anyone on the back of given the chance with no friends nor family.

The Roy friendship works on the basis that their both considered **** ups by their mentors but yeah, it needs more focus

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Final Crisis meant Countdown needed to torch everything it had achieved so it wouldn't become an obstacle for Morrison's story.
    I guess that explains the reason Countdown's ending wasn't "the best". But thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to avoid Morrison's Final Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint Jason was a psychotic murderer that would stab anyone on the back of given the chance with no friends nor family.
    I mean, can you blame him?

After all the crap he's had to put up with, stuff like that can change one's perspective.

I guess that explains the reason Countdown's ending wasn't "the best". But thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to avoid Morrison's Final Crisis.

I mean, can you blame him?

After all the crap he's had to put up with, stuff like that can change one's perspective.
    When you read Dickbats, that character, that one? He wasn't Jason. At all. Personality wise, behaviour wise, looks wise too. There're people accusing Morrison's Dick to be out of character. Jason was straight a different one, different from Under the Hood''s Winnick's Jason (who showed up briefly later on, as far as I recall), different from half-way to redemption Countdown's Jason (who was more like our current one). Definitely even different Morrison's own N52 Jason.

I mean, I love that run of Batman, it was a very fun read (that I've got to read a lot of time after it was published time thanks to being away from DC's mainstream line for that period); but I found myself thinking "This man isn't Jason Todd". I probably benefited by having had read that whole period in a non-stop rush.

Best ship is Jason and crowbar.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Best Friend - Bizarro

Biggest Enemy - Joker

Best Love Interest - Artemis

jasartemis.jpg