Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It's pretty sad to see the only Spider-Title I bother to read (outside of Absolute Carnage) is ending after this. I'm also bummed about the apparent return to the old status quo with Doc Ock. Otto was the only Spider-Man (outside of Kaine) that I actually cared about. Looks like I won't be reading any Spider-Titles for a while...
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

It's only appropriate that the moment the Red Quantum Ranger returns as a playable character, Marvel threatens to take away their Spider equivalent.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Finally, this BS is coming to an end.
    I'm so happy Ock is finally himself again and not this boring Peter Parker wannabe that's been forced in my face for years, seriously Peter's got enough clones around and Ock never needed to be one of them.

If Ock needs to be a "hero", he should be a "hero" like Magneto or Doctor Doom, not like Batman or Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Finally, this BS is coming to an end.
    I'm so happy Ock is finally himself again and not this boring Peter Parker wannabe that's been forced in my face for years, seriously Peter's got enough clones around and Ock never needed to be one of them.
    *yawn*

Man remember when we could do new stuff in comics ? Wonder why that stopped....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    *yawn*

Man remember when we could do new stuff in comics ? Wonder why that stopped....
    I'm not sure how a drawn-out badly written version of Kraven's Last Hunt starring Doc Ock is supposed to be new.
    They want to make Ock a hero? Then they need to do it in a way where's not just ripping off Peter and becoming another wannabe in a sea of Spider-Man wannabes.

I never swallowed Marvel trying to turn the guy who almost killed most of the Earth's population just to be remember into a hero who cares about people (no, it wasn't the first time Ock almost become a genocide for a selfish reason).

Turn a villain into a hero isn't a new concept in comics, but even with Venom it wasn't so exaggerated.

iMan 42s

Otto is only treated as the original Doctor Octopus he isn’t actually the original Doctor Octopus. At worst he briefly joined Hydra.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Otto is only treated as the original Doctor Octopus he isn’t actually the original Doctor Octopus. At worst he briefly joined Hydra.
    I mean, even the original was being treated far more heroically than he had any right to at the end of Superior Spider-Man, so it's not surprising the mental clone got a similar treatment.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    If Ock needs to be a "hero", he should be a "hero" like Magneto or Doctor Doom, not like Batman or Iron Man.
    You mean the kind who sees himself as acting for the ultimate betterment of the world and society, even if his methods and attitude are no better than those of the (other) villains? Yeah, I could see that being an interesting twist on his character without necessarily making him (a) Spider-Man.

Also, Snoop Dogg, if Otto Octavius as the Superior Spider-Man is the Quantum Ranger, does that make Spider-Man the Red Time Force Ranger?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

yes and jameson is that talking owl thing, but with a moustache and cigar
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, even the original was being treated far more heroically than he had any right to at the end of Superior Spider-Man, so it's not surprising the mental clone got a similar treatment.
    Of course, he was made during Spiderverse so he naturally acts like his creator. Though while he may be treated like Otto, he isn't actually Otto.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Of course, he was made during Spiderverse so he naturally acts like his creator. Though while he may be treated like Otto, he isn't actually Otto.
    Even the Marvel wiki refers to him as "Otto Octavius (Duplicate)," given how he began as a digitized backup copy of Otto's mind. That said, considering he still has Otto Octavius as his basis . . . for all intents and purposes, he is Otto.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I always hate when major character development is rolled back, that is all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Well, when that development was bad and shouldn't have happened at all I see no problem with it.