Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering that Flash has at this point been a hero as a member of the spider family and been popular in that identity to the point that it's been adapted into other medias, I'd hate for him to come back as just a civilian. It'd also feel like a bit of a second middle finger especially after Slott repowered him via Agent Anti-Venom only to kill him off shortly after.
    We've only seen Agent Venom in one cartoon, not that I'm disputing the identity was popular but I'm not sure if there's a place for it when Brock is Venom again.

You could make him Agent Anti-Venom but then I think you would probably sequester him into the Venom book because there's not a lot of room for him in the comics for another Spider-Hero in my opinion.

Realistically Thompson is just better off dead. He can't dispute the spot of Venom from Eddie Brock, at least not right now, and placing him as anything else would certainly be complicated unless you make him more of a supporting character rather than anything else.

Then again. If Andi Benton got a C-List Symbiote and now she has her own book, maybe I am just not being optimistic enough.

Thankful.

-Pav, who can't imagine it's fun to be dead...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Realistically Thompson is just better off dead. He can't dispute the spot of Venom from Eddie Brock, at least not right now, and placing him as anything else would certainly be complicated unless you make him more of a supporting character rather than anything else.

Then again. If Andi Benton got a C-List Symbiote and now she has her own book, maybe I am just not being optimistic enough.
    I mean, at the end of the day he's also a Peter Parker supporting character, so I think that's something he can always fall back on.

He's not needed as another superhero, we're not low on good supporting cast members, and his death was very good. Which means someone is guaranteed to bring him back.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He's not needed as another superhero, we're not low on good supporting cast members, and his death was very good. Which means someone is guaranteed to bring him back.
    You can never have too many good supporting cast members in my book .

Extraordinary Member

Super Soldier type. Not a patriotic red, white and blue but more like DC's Guardian. Before dying....Ross had a clone of Flash made, gave him a dose of super soldier juice like 50s Cap and suppressed his memories....only giving him what he felt was needed. Maybe told him he lost his memories in combat. Super Soldier Flash encounters Spider-Man and he memories start coming back.

I don't think he should go back to hosting a symbiote.

Astonishing Member

Flash will indeed return, and since he was a hero with Venom, I believe he will remain that way.
    + Agent Venom was cool, although it was really weird to see a guy who admired Spider-Man bonded with a creature that hated him.
    + Anti-Venom was really awesome, as his healing powers were really useful. Problem is, white is not the right color for a soldier.

Best choice?, Flash will return and bond with Toxin, as I believe it's still out there. Brock even had a couple of appearances as "Agent Toxin" before losing this symbiote.
    Anti-Venom could bond with either Kaine or Ben Reilly, better Reilly, as its healing powers can maintain stable a clone and help others too.

yelling “penis! parker!”
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We've only seen Agent Venom in one cartoon, not that I'm disputing the identity was popular but I'm not sure if there's a place for it when Brock is Venom again.

You could make him Agent Anti-Venom but then I think you would probably sequester him into the Venom book because there's not a lot of room for him in the comics for another Spider-Hero in my opinion.
    Actually Agent Venom has appeared a lot more than just that. In addition to Ultimate Spider-Man, Flash as Venom has appeared in Marvel Future Fight, Avengers Academy, Lego Marvel, Spider-Man Unlimited, Contest of Champions, Marvel: Avengers Alliance, and the Superhero Squad video game. Agent Venom had quite a reach for Flash, something you really couldn't say for him before that.

Actually Agent Venom has appeared a lot more than just that. In addition to Ultimate Spider-Man, Flash as Venom has appeared in Marvel Future Fight, Avengers Academy, Lego Marvel, Spider-Man Unlimited, Contest of Champions, Marvel: Avengers Alliance, and the Superhero Squad video game. Agent Venom had quite a reach for Flash, something you really couldn't say for him before that.
    I wasn't counting Mobile Games. They'll throw anyone into those .

I mean, it's not surprising Agent Venom would get used more since those kinds of games are action-oriented, but I don't think that negates his value as a supporting character otherwise people would think Mary Jane is less than Spinneret (which isn't true).

BANNED

I really wouldn't use those as evidence of his popularity given most of these use tons of Marvel characters and have more than a few obscure heroes among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't counting Mobile Games. They'll throw anyone into those .

I mean, it's not surprising Agent Venom would get used more since those kinds of games are action-oriented, but I don't think that negates his value as a supporting character otherwise people would think Mary Jane is less than Spinneret (which isn't true).
    Well there's a fine line between seeing things like that happen within an AU where they can have pretty much anything happen and it have no real effect on the character and the mainstream 616 version having that happen. Now if it had been just an AU version of Flash that that happened to, I don't think that it would have made as much of a splash as it did. And while Gwen, as an AU character made a splash despite not being the 616 version, she was basically stepping into a vacancy that the original had left and was filling a void that had been there since the original died while presenting the concept of reversing the roles of her and Peter.

Gonna go against the grain here. I think he should return to being a supporting character, but for BROCK instead of Peter. I think Flash and Brock have a very interesting dynamic, especially considering that Flash was the symbiote's favorite host. Not to mention Flash himself vouched for Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Gonna go against the grain here. I think he should return to being a supporting character, but for BROCK instead of Peter. I think Flash and Brock have a very interesting dynamic, especially considering that Flash was the symbiote's favorite host. Not to mention Flash himself vouched for Brock.
    The only way I see him working ongoing is as a supporting character for either Peter or in the Venom book.