Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't he still have the Goblins personality back then?
    Yes. That's what I'm saying. Norman, for the entire time we've seen him as readers, has had the Goblin persona. Only from Superior #31 to Amazing #796 has he been without the persona (not including prelude stories of course). Every time before that, senseless killing as the Goblin. This whole thing of Norman saying, "No, I can't senselessly kill" is completely stupid when he's been killing people left and right for years, as Norman and Green Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Norman when sane is not a senseless killer who enjoys random killing, he'll just kill anyone at any time if they pose any kind of obstacle to his power fetish. He would prefer it if everyone just bent the knee.

Marvel trade structure is that if a standard trade is not 5-6 issues, Galactus eats planets. If this issue is good then it will be a nice companion to the AC tie-ins.
    Norman hasn't been sane for most of his history, and making him sane did absolutely nothing, because he just went right back to "I want the Goblin again!"
    And can you stop with the jokes? It's getting increasingly annoying on every post you make.

Weird stance for a Spider-man fan to take but whatevs.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't he still have the Goblins personality back then?
    He did but was on medication. His medication would proceed to be tampered with and of course then there was Loki and at one point even telepaths getting through it. Point being is that we have seen him want to do good even if he executes that with less than favorable intentions. I'm just saying that I'm willing to accept on face value given that we should want to see the villains reform and distance ourselves from takes on the character that suck like turning him into a rip-off carnage (like they actually did). I'm not saying he should be a hero, I'm just liking that there is some nuance to it.

However I also will accept criticism of it and also will join in on the line's roasting. It's during GDS which in this same event has him doing just that so even as far as recent continuity goes, it's awkward.

Basically I appreciate it for wanting to distance itself from a bad take, but it's also awkward when it comes to the continuity its now inserting itself into.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The Carnage symbiote has been shown to begin to degrade when not bonded to Kasady, and vice versa. I wonder if this will be addressed in the comic.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

iMan 42s

So this is an anthology. It doesn't even provide new insight into GDS either, being more a Halloween special and extra bit to sell alongside Absolute Carnage. I'll admit I checked it out and my shop only had a variant so I'm just kind of stuck with it now.

I don't find it disappointing, I just feel like there could be more done with it. Kind of like Red Goblin itself. Interesting concept but still not quite there in the execution.
    I give it a B- because it's essentially harmless even if it only exists to hurt your wallet. That being said you could honestly skip it and nobody would blame you. Not because it's bad but it's really only for people who want just a bit more symbiotes.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Have Norman become obsessed with Miles for a while. I've seen as much as I can regarding the Norman vs Peter saga.

Amazing Member

This looks cool.

Astonishing Member

A doubt I have. Carnage removed part of Venom that was inside of it because, well, Venom is Carnage's "father". Then we have the kid Eduardo and it seems he bonded with it. Have you noticed that Eduardo is the spanish version of "Eddie", like Eddie Brock?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    A doubt I have. Carnage removed part of Venom that was inside of it because, well, Venom is Carnage's "father". Then we have the kid Eduardo and it seems he bonded with it. Have you noticed that Eduardo is the spanish version of "Eddie", like Eddie Brock?
    Oh no. Yet another "symbiote hero" to introduce and prematurely age-up in a few years, he'll be on the next version of The Champions, Teen Avengers, or something. No thanks. Too many symbiotes out there.

iMan 42s

Nothing wrong with more symbiotes and there isn't that many mainline symbiotes to begin with. Yeah there are variants among heroes and villains and there has been more than one invasion, but the GA can still name the ones attached to actual brands so I fail to see the problem.

Red Goblin is just a fancy Halloween special running alongside Absolute Carnage, it's not and shouldn't be required reading. Especially not since it seems to only be a one off with three stories attached rather than it being something with a narrative. The only narrative you get is that it just happens during the period Norman was getting acclimated to Carnage. I don't think anybody genuinely gives a **** about Eduardo given that if you're here for Red Goblin, why would you genuinely care about this kid you just met in a book that is by no means about him? That seems like a waste of money when you can get your fix from scans online.

That all being said I don't think it's a backdoor for him, more that he'd not be out of the woods yet since it just makes him a target for Carnage later.