Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Was MJ Pregnant During "Clone Saga"?

One of the biggest questions left after OMD was whether or not MJ was pregnant during "Clone Saga" or if that was retconned out entirely. Marvel, since that story, has not explicitly said whether Baby May never existed in 616 (even before OMD). But I was reading History of the Marvel Universe #4 and came across this page:

RCO019_1571228541.jpg

Now, the story is told plain as day. But look at MJ on the left as she's gripping her stomach. What does that mean? Javier Rodriguez wouldn't just draw this in without knowing what it looked like, unless Waid or Marvel told him to. Does this (seemingly) confirm that MJ was pregnant during "Clone Saga"? What are your thoughts?

BANNED

I think Waid in that scene is just alluding to it but leaving it ambiguous and unstated.

That's been Marvel Policy since the end of the clone saga...don't mention it, pretend it never happened, and move on.

In JMS' entire run, MJ having a miscarriage is never mentioned once when arguably that was probably one of her unstated motivations for the reason she was depressed and reluctant about connecting with Peter again in the first 15 issues of his run.

Quesada said in the post-OMD interviews, that as far as he knew, the baby never happened Post-OMD.

He mentioned this in one of those bizarre interviews he gave:
    https://www.cbr.com/the-one-more-day...sada-the-fans/

I get that, but this is (supposed to be) the official Marvel history. So them showing it even in an allusion speaks volumes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I get that, but this is (supposed to be) the official Marvel history. So them showing it even in an allusion speaks volumes to me.
    You may get different answers depending on who you ask. I don’t think there is an official stance on it but it may be that editorial does not want there to be an official stance because there aren’t any stories where it’s necessary to bring up. Maybe one day that will change.

This page is so amazing for clearly capturing the entire story in one image while also showing how much of a clusterfork it was while also displaying the universal confusion shared among the entire main cast.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    You may get different answers depending on who you ask. I don’t think there is an official stance on it but it may be that editorial does not want there to be an official stance because there aren’t any stories where it’s necessary to bring up. Maybe one day that will change.
    It's been brought up though with editorial. Three separate Spider-Man series in the last year have prominently
    featured Spider-Kids. Maybe Marvel is thinking about it for sure, just not outright doing anything with it until they're ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This page is so amazing for clearly capturing the entire story in one image while also showing how much of a clusterfork it was while also displaying the universal confusion shared among the entire main cast.
    Lol true. Even Peter is like, "What the f*** is going on?"

Where did MJ put her hand in the image?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Where did MJ put her hand in the image?
    On her stomach.

On her stomach.
    So she was hungry during Clone Saga.

Could've been an Easter egg to the original idea.

In any event, it looks like the panel is vague enough that it could allow future writers to go either way. In fact, I don't think the average reader would even notice the alleged clue. (Personally, I'd be surprised if it was meant to bring the miscarriage/whatever back, but, then again, Marvel did publish some stuff that was pretty undermining of OMD when that was still new, so who knows?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    So she was hungry during Clone Saga.
    Or had a bad case of indigestion, maybe?
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-26-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

One of the biggest questions left after OMD was whether or not MJ was pregnant during "Clone Saga" or if that was retconned out entirely. Marvel, since that story, has not explicitly said whether Baby May never existed in 616 (even before OMD). But I was reading History of the Marvel Universe #4 and came across this page:

RCO019_1571228541.jpg

Now, the story is told plain as day. But look at MJ on the left as she's gripping her stomach. What does that mean? Javier Rodriguez wouldn't just draw this in without knowing what it looked like, unless Waid or Marvel told him to. Does this (seemingly) confirm that MJ was pregnant during "Clone Saga"? What are your thoughts?
    A. I presume the body in the hospital's dying Aunt May?

B. Doctor Octopus needs a white suit, or replaced by Carolyn Trainer.

C. Vulture needs to look rejuvenator-treatment younger.

D. Creepy effect of darkened cavernous shadings around Gwen Stacy clone's eyes - gives a dehumanizing shell, perhaps emphasizing the eclipse of importance MJ is to Pete over her.

E. Mary Jane is pregnant.

Love seeing not just the Scarlet costume, but Kaine's original costume as well!

-Pav, who would buy a poster of this image...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

This could mean a lot of different things or nothing. It's too vague to even speculate.