Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default MURDER MOST COSMIC: Aaron & Brevoort Deconstruct "Original Sin" #6

Jason Aaron and Tom Brevoort explain why Nick Fury remains the most dangerous man in the Marvel U as he heads into his showdown with the Avengers.

Full article here.

BANNED

This has done nothing in the way of making me want to purchase the last two issues. To be honest, it sounds like Aaron and Brevoort weren't even excited to do this interview or talk about it.

Glad I dropped it when I did. Just seems very unfocused and mixed up as far as storytelling goes.

Fantastic Member

Zzzzz.

If they continue to pursue the Cosmic Saint Nick angle, I seriously doubt the subsequent "Untold Adventures of The Watcher and Nick" series, is going to break sales records.

so, is this how they are going to get rid of the original fury?

Bringing up Cable, makes me question why he wasn't one of the candidates Fury brought over. Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    so, is this how they are going to get rid of the original fury?
    Seems that way. I've always like original Nick. Sigh. I like movie Nick too. Nick Junior doesn't have the deep history or movie Nick or original Nick.

... who is the killer?

BANNED

I really can't get behind the fact that a cosmic level guy like the Watcher was taken out by Nick Fury with a gun, if that is indeed what happened.

BANNED

So I guess were stuck with Nick Junior. hope he's killed off in the near future.

This event was so good before the Fury stuff
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This event was so good before the Fury stuff
    Yeah, very few creators can push a obvious agenda with a single character in what is supposed to be a team book or event without it always ruining things. IF it had just stuck with the murder mystery angle let this Fury nonsense play out in the background via another mini or a digital only series, we might have gotten a truly memorable story. Instead it feels like Fear Itself part 2, all about set up and no real payoff in the future unless you want to see the original Fury elevated beyond just SHIELD one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I really can't get behind the fact that a cosmic level guy like the Watcher was taken out by Nick Fury with a gun, if that is indeed what happened.
    They have been doing this a lot lately. A f----ing celestial gets killed over in Uncanny Avengers...wait, 2 celestials. Teen Jean Grey stalemating Gladiator. Gladiator that can punch a planet into pieces. Now a Watcher with crazy power gets COD head shotted like nothing. Gamma bullet or not, he should have been able to stop time, teleport, stop the bullet, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    They have been doing this a lot lately. A f----ing celestial gets killed over in Uncanny Avengers...wait, 2 celestials. Teen Jean Grey stalemating Gladiator. Gladiator that can punch a planet into pieces. Now a Watcher with crazy power gets COD head shotted like nothing. Gamma bullet or not, he should have been able to stop time, teleport, stop the bullet, etc.
    My favorite was the skrull invasion in the failed Secret Invasion event. Deadpool went on a mission for Nick Fury Sr. to get the secret to killing the skrull queen, Deadpool transmits the info to Fury but it's stolen by Norman Osborn who uses the information to kill the queen himself. And in Secret Invasion issue #8 we see that the secret way to kill the skrull queen was? Yep..sniper rifle, bullet to the head. Brilliant. Must of been a magical bullet like the one that killed JFK. I think that same bullet offed Watcher. It's the Marvel magical bullet. It's like the ultimate nullfier but smaller. It's ref to as the ultimate continuity revisor.

The whole purpose of this series was to kill Fury. Which did not need an "event". Furthermore, this Fury was used so sparingly they didn't have to kill him at all. Could have just put him on the shelf for now.

I HATE that Marvel caters to the movie and rapes the comics with it. It's a big middle finger to people who have read comics for decades, so Marvel can try to cash in on the flash in the pan hype of a movie. Never learned their lesson from the 90's boom...

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    My favorite was the skrull invasion in the failed Secret Invasion event. Deadpool went on a mission for Nick Fury Sr. to get the secret to killing the skrull queen, Deadpool transmits the info to Fury but it's stolen by Norman Osborn who uses the information to kill the queen himself. And in Secret Invasion issue #8 we see that the secret way to kill the skrull queen was? Yep..sniper rifle, bullet to the head. Brilliant. Must of been a magical bullet like the one that killed JFK. I think that same bullet offed Watcher. It's the Marvel magical bullet. It's like the ultimate nullfier but smaller. It's ref to as the ultimate continuity revisor.

The whole purpose of this series was to kill Fury. Which did not need an "event". Furthermore, this Fury was used so sparingly they didn't have to kill him at all. Could have just put him on the shelf for now.

I HATE that Marvel caters to the movie and rapes the comics with it. It's a big middle finger to people who have read comics for decades, so Marvel can try to cash in on the flash in the pan hype of a movie. Never learned their lesson from the 90's boom...
    Yep. Nick Fury's character deserves more than this. So do his fans, but yeah they have to cash in on everything...business is business. If this is how and when Fury goes; he'll be missed and Fury Jr. sucks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Yep. Nick Fury's character deserves more than this. So do his fans, but yeah they have to cash in on everything...business is business. If this is how and when Fury goes; he'll be missed and Fury Jr. sucks.
    Fury Jr. doesn't just suck as a replacement for Fury Sr. He sucks even as the obvious rip-off of Ultimate Fury that he is. He has been written with the personality of a dead moth.